:lo -) meet the iPhone Flex
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 13:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2014-09-24 10:15:52, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2014-09-24 04:59:22, difenbaker wrote:
...maybe more people should wear 'baggy' or cargo pants?

iPhone 6 pocket problems: Buyers report that sitting down bends phones
http://www.macworld.com.au/ne[....]ds-phones-130983/#.VCIvJxbVDIU

Apple: iPhone 6 Plus May Bend in Your Pocket
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/appl[....]s-may-bend-your-pocket-1466900

Video demonstrates reported iPhone 6 Plus bending issues
http://appleinsider.com/artic[....]d-iphone-6-plus-bending-issues

....the same guy who made that video got requests to bend a Note 3, to see if it will bend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwM4ypi3at0

I think that the upcoming Note 4 might be a different story though.

cheers!

And so we have Bendgate!
Wonder what Apple's excuse is going to be? 'You're putting it in your pants wrong' ?

On 2014-09-24 10:19:21, rikken wrote:
:lo -) meet the iPhone Flex

Or maybe they'll start making clothing and call it "iPants". hehehe...

All of a sudden, phones made out of plastic, doesn't seem so bad after all.
Anyway, the author of the video above, who made this...

...TRIED to repair it by bending it back. Which resulted in cracking the screen!
So whether it is "infused with ions" or not... it cracks just like any other screen after all.

cheers!

more:

Users say Apple's new device bends in pockets
http://www.standard.co.uk/new[....]n-trouser-pockets-9752681.html

If you do manage to torque your spendy, bendy new iPhone 6 Plus, there could be consequences. Batteries and displays are not meant to bend, unless they’re designed to do so from the outset, like the curved LG G Flex smartphone (which even has special curved batteries to accommodate its form factor).

“LCDs are made with delicate front and back glass panels. Even if they don’t break, putting mechanical stress on them could affect the critical alignment between the front and back glass layers, which would then significantly affect the display performance and image quality,” said Raymond Soneira, a display expert and president of DisplayMate.

If your display panel gets damaged, you could experience issues like brightness irregularities at the edge of the screen, dead pixels, or colors striping across the screen.

[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-09-24 12:54 ]
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 20:23
Maybe its a secret way of making it bend around your wrist ??

Secretly Apple want this to be the iWatch ?

That or a complete lack of product testing as always by Apple, that's what happens when you run a business that's purely profit driven first, quality control second. Or third, or fourth, or more.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 21:12
To be fair other brands have e had quality control issues as well - Samsung included
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 21:16
If this true. Apple have now a ULTRA MASSIVE problem.

The thing with aluminium is that is stay in shape when you bend it because it's a very soft metal.

How hard can it be to calculate how much force a object handle under pressure ?? (length. Wide. Thinness, etc)
It's one of one mathematic on college.

this can (and probably will) result that Apple have to pull back every single 6+, I'm not kidding. Wait and see.

No one is going to buy 6+ after seeing this video.
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2014-09-24 20:38 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 22:22
Camera comparison- iphone 6+ is the winner

Camera comparison iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus vs iPhone 5s, Galaxy S5, LG G3, Lumia 1520, Xperia Z2, HTC One (M8) ...

In fact, we can confidently say that the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are two of the best cameraphones we've had the chance to test so far. Both produce excellent photos and videos with their 8MP cameras, be it in day- or night-time. Add their ease of use to the mix and you get a camera that's tough to beat.

Now would be a good time to reiterate that the iPhone 6 Plus has a slightly better camera. This became obvious when we compared its night-time photos against those from the iPhone 6. But the difference is rather minor, and unless you're very serious about the quality of your photos, the iPhone 6 should do just fine for your needs.
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 23:27
How hard can it be to calculate how much force a object handle under pressure ?? (length. Wide. Thinness, etc)

You can't really predict how much force would be applied to a phone. What you can predict is that the thinner the phone, the more suceptible to bending it is. There goes the price for going all thin as hell
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-09-24 23:28
the camera on 6+ is one of the best no question about it. but Apple going to have pull back 6+ i think.

@admad..??? of course you can test, calculate or even test the phone in real world before you start to sell it.
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2014-09-24 22:32 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2014-09-25 02:04
I saw one of these today I hate the size personally its to big lol

everything else runs as it should though
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-09-25 05:02

On 2014-09-24 21:16:36, plankgatan wrote:
If this true. Apple have now a ULTRA MASSIVE problem.

The thing with aluminium is that is stay in shape when you bend it because it's a very soft metal.

It's one of one mathematic on college.

this can (and probably will) result that Apple have to pull back every single 6+, I'm not kidding. Wait and see.

No one is going to buy 6+ after seeing this video.
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2014-09-24 20:38 ]

Or maybe they can make an AD campaign discouraging people from putting it in their pants?
Coincidentally, most of the complaints are from men... women iphone owners usually have a purse or handbag.

Another solution would be to put a metallic casing on it... probably magnesium, titanium, or more aluminum to keep it light. But using something like that, will make it thick, which defeats one of the qualities that people like about the phone - its thinness.

Or maybe Apple will just do what they did with "Antennagate" and the free bumpers... this time, they'd give away free reinforced metallic casings to the public.

cheers!

Designed For Trouble? The Apple Logo Itself Could Be Contributing To Bendgate
http://www.forbes.com/sites/m[....]d-be-contributing-to-bendgate/

[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-09-25 04:43 ]
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-09-25 11:24

On 2014-09-24 22:22:01, aussieland1 wrote:
Camera comparison- iphone 6+ is the winner

Camera comparison iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus vs iPhone 5s, Galaxy S5, LG G3, Lumia 1520, Xperia Z2, HTC One (M8) ...

I think it all boils down to personal preference... and which site to believe?

Dxomark... had no problems with the White Balance, while Tom's Hardware did.
Here's their review:
http://venturebeat.com/2014/0[....]ems-say-toms-hardware-testers/
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/i[....]amera-problems,news-19585.html
(they're so confident of their test results that they submitted it to Apple for evaluation).

Also, did Dxo mention the video capabilities of the cameras? Did they point out the the ip6's didnt have 4K video? Or at what resolution did they test the photo stills of the cameras? Coz Ive been reading a lot of forums about this... some have said that the results are somewhat biased? They're saying that they (dxo) reduced the res of the S5 to 8mp to take the pics, instead of 16 . Some have said that they(dxo) didn't take into account the OS version of the phones (toms tested iphones with 7.1.2 as well). Some have said that they (dxo) didnt mention the other 'photo modes' that the S5 had... like real-time HDR, Dual Camera mode, Selective Focus, etc... I think the "whole camera experience" counts for a lot when one is saying that this is the "best" camera to have.

Anyway, Im sorry if I sound too 'nitpicky'..... its just that I aint putting too much weight on "tests" that dont mention specifics of their methodology. Which is why at the end of the day, I think it still boils down to personal preference.

cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-09-25 10:40 ]
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-09-25 12:29
Just like users were "holding the phone the wrong way" maybe they are pocketing it the wrong way now
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-09-25 12:32

On 2014-09-24 21:12:06, aussieland1 wrote:
To be fair other brands have e had quality control issues as well - Samsung included

Like what ? I don't recall Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, Sony, LG etc having such massive issues with their products.

No other company has ever had such humiliating issues that Apple has. Antennagate - as it was known, was and still is a massive issue for iPhone 4 owners. Apple and the moron formally known as Steve Jobs at the time tried to lie their way out of trouble and then tried to blame the users !!

iPhones, with their "i" prefix, are of lesser quality product than every other manufacturers products out there. They're vastly over priced and are made from components which have been unethically produced in factories which commit human right crimes to feed the rich countries lust for what they believe are ultra modern and stylish technology.

Yet these things keep happening, every year. You cannot compare a few software faults in a phones firmware which are easily fixed as such a big deal, it happens with every new phone usually from any company. As do bad batches, where sometimes some phones have a dodgy camera, screen or speakers. The issue with Apple comes from pure ignorance to quality control and testing. For me, failure of the hardware across the entire product line is a massive issue. If this bendgate issue is true, Apple once again deserve to lose sales. They will try to ignore the issue at first (predictably like last time), then they will admit the problem but put the fault with the phone owner. Then they will get tons of media backlash and quickly realise they need to recall / reinforce the phones with free cases.

I really cannot understand why people buy Apple products. After several years now of poor hardware design people still buy them. You still keep falling for the same crap they shovel your way and you keep happily swallowing it.

You'd literally have to be a complete moron to buy one.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-09-25 12:44
btw someone i know in my locality just bought a iphone6+ for 1960 USD on grey market
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-09-25 14:11

On 2014-09-25 12:44:21, Ranjith wrote:
btw someone i know in my locality just bought a iphone6+ for 1960 USD on grey market

That's crazy! What would possess someone to buy an iphone for that insane amount of money?

cheers!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 171819  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic