Review By Mobile-Review

http://mobile-review.com/review/apple-iphone6-plus.shtml
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 11:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Love this sarcastic article

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2014/10/06/iphone-hysteria-drives-me-round-the-bend/
Phone?? What phone??
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 13:31

On 2014-10-07 05:20:40, emerson_shei wrote:
Review By Mobile-Review

http://mobile-review.com/review/apple-iphone6-plus.shtml

Funny that Eldar didn't mention the 'bending' problem... but says something about the glass being "fragile".

Build quality no complaints to the unit no, he's nice. Metal can scratch, but it is unlikely to lose its original form quickly, in other Apple products, you can say that this does not happen. Fingerprint sensor, inscribed in the center key, works well, in my opinion, much better than in devices from Samsung, which should be carried out on it with your finger, which is less convenient. When your hands are wet, the print can not work, then you have to use the numerical code.

Of the potential problems, I note the fragility of the glass, and then the "fragility" - this is a very relative concept. The iPhone broken screens have become a major drawback, the owners often change them. The reason is that the body is quite smooth, and the machine can sometimes just do not hold in their hands, especially in the wet. Therefore, I recommend to get a cover, although I would not like the idea that beautiful machine need to hide behind some fences. It turns out some farm, and especially frustrating when you see ugly on the iPhone External Battery unknown manufacturers. It looks even worse - cheap plastic, different colors and completely mangled the original design of the phone.

Reading further I think he echoes what has been said from the beginning... that while its a nice phone, there's nothing 'groundbreaking' about it.

Impressions

On voice quality no complaints, the wind or indoors everything works well. Ringer volume is not enough to me, but this is a typical volume for all iPhone. Vibrate is not very strong, as is typical for Apple. I feel it in his trouser pocket hard, but there are those who, on the contrary, said that such a delicacy much nicer. Question habits and personal taste.

The first attempt did not exactly come out lumpy, Apple has turned an interesting fablet, which has a number of strengths - good time, a good display, design plus the maximum value in the market, which will also attract the audience, picking Apple because of the price. Drawbacks associated with the implementation of it is iron, as there are none. Rather, all the defects related to the closeness of iOS, it's shortcomings platform.

Technologically and ideologically first fablet Apple's typical for 2013, but not the season 2014-2015. In principle, for Apple it has become the norm, and forgiving of such things as the perception of its products is a fundamentally different level than the other companies. The fact that the market is long past stage for Apple fans becomes revolution and revelation.

As a competitor iPhone 6 Plus can remember a lot of Android-smartphone, for example, LG G3, a number of other models with a screen diagonal of 5.5 inches. But, of course, there will always be compared with the key market fabletov model, namely Galaxy Note 4. You can see a video comparison of these devices (50 minutes, but you can wait for a separate article, the comparison, it will appear in the week).

Briefly I will say this, that the iPhone 6 Plus - a good machine, but technologically it for a few years behind the Galaxy Note 4, it's just different universes. As well as the different people who use these devices - someone needs simplicity, the absence of even a hint of any of the settings, the lack of choice and opportunity to change something. Someone on the other hand, does not like stupid limitations and prefer to decide what he wants and what is not. Both worlds coexist, and this in no way says that one product is as good as another, they just are very different people.

In a detailed comparison we will face the two heads together fablets - leaders of different companies and see what is best in terms of technology, usage scenarios and things like that. Another thing is that I can certainly say that it does not change the fact that the emotional evaluation of everything that makes Apple, has always been the maximum, and this also applies to the iPhone 6 Plus. So, the choice of this product is not rational, it is not meaningful, and try to analyze it is not even worth it. It's just an emotion for most, and as a result, there are no reasonable arguments here do not give. Like, period! If you do not fall under the charm of the brand, then for you there are rational arguments, and you can consciously choose the device to see the difference between them.

And the last. iPhone 6 Plus - it's a good device. But for your audience. It is important to understand how it is you want or do not want. And then your perception of this model will be either wholly adoration or very cool. It all depends on how you look at things.

translated;
https://translate.google.com/[....]iew%2Fapple-iphone6-plus.shtml

cheers!
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 14:46
Well Eldar "Fatty" Murtazin has lost most of his credibility since his spat with Nokia in 2010. As soon as a reviewer starts spitting out bad reviews of great products just because of his own personal issues with a company then his word cannot be trusted.

I stopped reading Mobile Review that year and now only use it for images of the devices in the review.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 15:31
Well the same can be said about Note 4 , good device but nothing groundbreaking . I think that if IPhone 6 plus is kept in the jeans pocket there's obviously the risk of bending - me personally I wouldn't- bring some because it is such a large device so I don't see it as a big deal
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 17:00

On 2014-10-07 14:46:38, etaab wrote:
Well Eldar "Fatty" Murtazin has lost most of his credibility since his spat with Nokia in 2010. As soon as a reviewer starts spitting out bad reviews of great products just because of his own personal issues with a company then his word cannot be trusted.

I stopped reading Mobile Review that year and now only use it for images of the devices in the review.

Yup, that N8 disaster destroyed his rep, and ultimately the site's credibility as well.
If only he was more objective...
But his review of the 6 isn't anything new though... he's just repeating what other reviews have said.
Of course, its still up to the reader if he wants to believe or not..

On 2014-10-07 15:31:55, aussieland1 wrote:
Well the same can be said about Note 4 , good device but nothing groundbreaking . I think that if IPhone 6 plus is kept in the jeans pocket there's obviously the risk of bending - me personally I wouldn't- bring some because it is such a large device so I don't see it as a big deal

True. But phones and pockets have been together literally forever.
I mean, not everyone carries a bag, and not everyone wears loose cargo pants. It the "new-ness" of this problem (if there is such a term)... that's making it a big deal for some.

If Apple thoroughly tested, and I mean really "comprehensive definitively real life thoroughly tested" their phone, then they would have been AWARE of this problem... and have put in a disclaimer on their manual saying "do not put the phone in your pocket"... or something to that effect. But they didn't, in fact, like everyone else - they were caught by surprise.

Another thing, if we really think about it, phablets have been around for years, right? Have we had 'bending problems' with the phablets of Sony or Samsung? Or the Android phablets of Acer, Asus, or ZTE? Or the hundreds of clones out there that are similarly sized? The samsung S3 and sony z1 (similar to the 6 in size), and the Note 1,2,3 (similar to the 6+)... have been around years before the iPhone 6 was revealed. Has there been bending complaints from those?

cheers!
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 17:25
I think yes and no- this are not normal sized phones and I doubt many people will care them in the pants pockets - and why haven't we had problems before? Well for one except for Note series other phablets have not been that successful , and second iPhone 6 plus is really thin - thinner than any other phablets and made of aluminium . Anyway people are making a big deal out of this but I would like to know the number of returned phones because of the bending issue - only once we know that number we can tell how big of the deal this is
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 17:43

On 2014-10-07 17:25:34, aussieland1 wrote:
I think yes and no- this are not normal sized phones and I doubt many people will care them in the pants pockets - and why haven't we had problems before? Well for one except for Note series other phablets have not been that successful , and second iPhone 6 plus is really thin - thinner than any other phablets and made of aluminium . Anyway people are making a big deal out of this but I would like to know the number of returned phones because of the bending issue - only once we know that number we can tell how big of the deal this is

Well, I for one, have been using my Note 3 in my pocket since day 1...nothing bent so far.

I think Apple does not release such numbers? I mean, if they did, we would've known by now, how many 3's, 4's and 5's were returned. And not every country, where the iPhone is sold, has a return policy.

Apple also does not release shipping and sales numbers. Like how many 6's were sold as opposed to 6+? Or were they actually sold? Or were they shipped? Its all speculation. All we have to go on are twitts and facebook comments from Apple execs.

cheers!
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 18:11
All the manufacturers are releasing the shipped sales only not sold to customers not just Apple. And since we don't have a number of bended phones- it seems like it is made too much of a deal- i mean there is more to this phone than the bending issue
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-10-08 00:46
Seems ironic on the 'plastics' front that the guy in the video who bent his iPhone couldn't bend a Note 3 😉 I say no more
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-08 13:15
Does it really matter how many people Apple report have returned their phones due to them bending to illustrate the size of the issue ? I don't think so.

Apple are never going to release figures unless that number is small. Now im not much of a betting man, but id bet money that there has been more than the stated 9 customers returned their phones or at a minimum complained to Apple about their phone being bent.

It is a massive issue, but it will soon be forgotten because people forgive Apple every single time for their misdemeanours. Look at how the iPhone 5 scuffing problem was reported like crazy, but then people simply accepted it. I cannot count the amount of black iPhone 5 phones that ive seen this past two years that are now more silver than they were black. I see people with them all the time, where the black of the phone has all but gone or incredibly worn away. But two years on, nobody mentions it.

The design of Apples products is probably their last line of defence against losing massive ground to Android OEMs. If they didn't keep the minimalistic and stylish designs and made their phones tougher, they'd just become another phone manufacturer. iOS and their designs is what makes them stick out from the Android OEMs.

Also, has anyone ever thought Apple might ensure their hardware fails within a set time, in order to ensure the customer has to buy another device in 12 to 24 months time ? it wouldn't surprise me if that was on their whiteboard in their designs department pretty much top of the list.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-08 13:34
Well I think it does matter how many people are affected by the bending issue just like it does that the force has to be applied in a certain spot to bend it - it is up to everyone to call it massive issue - I reserve my judgement based on how many people are actually affected by it

And after having the iPhone 5s for an year I don't think that the iPhone is failing after 12 months - my dad still has a 4a which was bought like 3 years ago- so no I don't think Apple is designing their phones to fail after 12 months
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-08 15:08

On 2014-10-08 13:15:20, etaab wrote:
Also, has anyone ever thought Apple might ensure their hardware fails within a set time, in order to ensure the customer has to buy another device in 12 to 24 months time ? it wouldn't surprise me if that was on their whiteboard in their designs department pretty much top of the list.

"Planned Obsolescence" is nothing new, everyone in the industry does it, it only varies in the amount of useful 'life' from one product to another.

But 12 months is a bit short, I think, it should be as good as 24 months at the very least.

Thinking about it, if I had a bent iphone 6, and it has only been a FEW WEEKS... I cant imagine the amount of understanding and compassion it would take for me just to forgive Apple, especially if they refuse to exchange it.
But like you said most people still do.

cheers!

Why you’ll be annoyed if your future iPhone doesn’t bend
http://bgr.com/2014/10/07/ben[....]+%28BGR+|+Boy+Genius+Report%29

aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-08 15:45

On 2014-10-08 15:08:21, difenbaker wrote:
Thinking about it, if I had a bent iphone 6, and it has only been a FEW WEEKS... I cant imagine the amount of understanding and compassion it would take for me just to forgive Apple, especially if they refuse to exchange it.

Are you now saying that Apple would refuse to exchange it? Wow
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-08 23:01
The thing is, is that I haven't heard of any more than the nine customers stated by Apple (and nobody else) have complained about their bent iPhones.

1) - Apple have lied many times in the past, so are we to take their word for it ?

2) - it doesn't take long to find more than 9 people with bent iPhones. Hell, type bendgate into Instagram's tag search and you'll see theres more than 9 people with bent iPhones.

Or shall we just assume they all bought them, just to bend them and use that to criticise Apple ?

Nah, I don't believe its only limited to 9. If I believed Apple, id be a moron.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101112 ... 171819  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic