Author Apple iPhone 6 Plus Announced
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 11:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2014-10-04 14:21:22, lemmy31 wrote:

Bloody hell fella, you need help !!

What a stupidly ignorant reply. We really are hitting an all time low here on Esato these days.

I think you're the one in need of help. Clearly you haven't taken part in the discussions over the past 4 years here on Esato regarding Apple's phone, business strategies, treatment of consumers, faulty products and terrible public relations - so i'll humour you, forgive your ignorance and ignore your comment. Oh and by the way, I don't have any brand loyalty, it just so happens I choose what I think is better which is usually the market leader. Another stupid comment.

On 2014-10-04 14:42:20, aussieland1 wrote:
Actually your post completly ignored what I was saying and yes yours and other people's posts made have shown enjoyment of the bending flow

Well of course I ignored your point, because you're incorrect. You're accusing people of taking great enjoyment from seeing Apple phones bend. I don't know about other people, but I don't, I found it mildly amusing at first when the story first broke but since then I feel nothing but pity for the poor people that bought the phone in good faith. Just because you say something, it doesn't make it correct. Take a look back at my posts, you'll find they're mainly negatively aimed at Apple for their faulty products, rather than just LOL ! at the bending. Even the Instagram link I posted I didn't like, the poor phone in that 30 second clip was destroyed with such ease and the noise it made was terrible.

You guys really need to start reading peoples opinions, especially people who stand up for consumer rights like I do and learn how to discuss issues such as Apples, rather than ignore the issue, accuse people of brand loyalty or being a fanboy and then allowing companies like Apple to get away with it by burying the issue. If you do that, hell just give them your bank card and pin number.

By the way, do not class any other company that makes mobile phones in the same league as Apple - they're alone in their league. Ive never known a company release continuous streams of products year after year with such disastrous issues and then mismanage every single aspect of recovering from it from the customer point of view. No, its usually the customer fault isn't it ?

Esato is becoming ridiculous for such ignorance.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 12:04
@etaab

I had iPhone 5, 5s and now 6 so I think I am entitled to wonder what are the disastrous issues that you are referring to?

The bending issue is unfortunate yes however my understanding is that unless force is applied only in a certain point this is not likely to happen. More so while your attitude towards consumers rights is commendable I believe that the consumer report proved that other manufacturers phones are suffering from the same issue I.e. HTC One ...why only single Apple out? Also your number of posts calling people buying apple products ignorant i take offence to that: I work hard to earn my money and I think I am entitled to spend them the way I see fit. So by all means please feel free to post here if you find issues about the apple products but it would be nice if you wouldn't pass judgements on people just because they buy a brand you can't stand .

And also I hope you will be equally critical when other brands (including Samsung) have serious issues ( http://forum.xda-developers.c[....]-sudden-death-thread-t1993044)
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 12:16

On 2014-10-05 11:44:55, etaab wrote:

On 2014-10-04 14:21:22, lemmy31 wrote:

Bloody hell fella, you need help !!

What a stupidly ignorant reply. We really are hitting an all time low here on Esato these days.

I think you're the one in need of help. Clearly you haven't taken part in the discussions over the past 4 years here on Esato regarding Apple's phone, business strategies, treatment of consumers, faulty products and terrible public relations - so i'll humour you, forgive your ignorance and ignore your comment. Oh and by the way, I don't have any brand loyalty, it just so happens I choose what I think is better which is usually the market leader. Another stupid comment.

You really are bigoted aren't you ?

There is no discussion where you are concerned, just your opinions, which are always right........apparently. Anybody who questions you is ignorant and stupid.
I stand by my initial comments. I am not saying that Apple products are problem free, far from it, we are all aware of the problems they have had and continue to have. But because people still continue to purchase these products seems to be taken personally by you, a very troubling reaction.
If Apple had somehow caused harm to you or your family members then your completely irrational reactions would have some foundation.
Just let it go fella, buy the handset that suits you and let everybody else do the same without fear of being labelled ignorant or stupid.
On a final note I think its great that the Internet has given people like you a voice, 20 years ago you would have had to sit in your bedroom alone with nobody to talk to...........those were the days !!
[ This Message was edited by: lemmy31 on 2014-10-05 11:20 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 12:25
That's entirely your opinion. Which you're entitled to. Gladly for me, im not actually liable to your judgements. What you think of me is of little worry, since you're of the misbelief (IMO of course !) that im only here to slander Apple products like a fanboy, which you're probably used to seeing in other areas of the Esato forum from other people so no wonder some of us get tarred with the same brush, as the saying goes. So i'll continue to accommodate your misjudgements (again, IMO of course !).

@ aussieland1

I know I can be harsh on people for buying Apple phones, but its not really aimed at people on a site such as this. Its more aimed at people like my sister who buy them blindly without knowing of the issues and then come to my home, place of work, in a bar or in the street and then tell me Android is sh*t, or Apple make the best phones, the rest are sh*t, which I usually then reply with the knowledge I have of the last few years of Apple products making them look incredibly stupid for their comments. I once had a very heated discussion with a woman who claimed I was lying and that Apple were perfect, they'd never had any problems, their phones were better because they were not just phones but iPhones (literally, WTF woman !?!) which she didn't really have any other information as to what makes them different.

So if I offend you for being an Apple owner, I do apologise, because that was not my intent.

But, I cant forget the issues Apple have when people are buying into their products with good intention and then getting ripped off or ignored by Apple. Steve Jobs kicked it all off with Antennagate in 2010 by accusing the phone owners of holding their phones wrong. Since that day, Apple have shown their arrogance towards the market im quite passionate about and how they're going to continually milking it for revenue they simply do not deserve.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2014-10-05 11:27 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 13:21
@etaab

Fair enough and thanks. I don't like Apple as a company myself so I can see where you are coming from (banning that German company for that video was plain stupid/childish ) . Truth is I am more an android fan than Apple fan but I like to try out all the phones out there. And I know iPhones have faults but I enjoy using them . (Still interested in Nexus 6 or Note 4) though.

However what you said about your sister - don't you think many people are buying Samsyng phones because of marketing and without considering perfectly good alternatives ( android and even windows phones)? How is this different to Apple?
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 14:28
for me, the design of a product is way more appealing then some extra features.

Apple are the master of pure & elegant design (Macbook Pro, Ipad, Iphone, ipod touch, ipod Nano, ipod shuffle, etc)

just compare a Samsung MP3 player to a ipod (my God, its like watching a comedy or something)
compare Samsung galaxy to iphone 5S or 6
compare a Samsung laptop to Macbook pro
compare a Samsung tablet to Ipad Air
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2014-10-05 13:29 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 14:39
Actually speaking of design iPhone 6 plus is not doing great (and to a lesser extent the same can be said about iPhone 6) due to that huge bezel at the the screen. And about tablets - Galaxy tab s is a good looking tablet - iPad mini is certainly not looking better . So design is definitely subjective
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 15:08

On 2014-10-05 11:44:55, etaab wrote:
Well of course I ignored your point, because you're incorrect. You're accusing people of taking great enjoyment from seeing Apple phones bend. I don't know about other people, but I don't, I found it mildly amusing at first when the story first broke but since then I feel nothing but pity for the poor people that bought the phone in good faith.

Well, some people can laugh about it, like what the media is doing......maybe to defuse the 'seriousness' of the issue.
Until that time comes when a friend of yours has it, then its "OUCH", and it's not a laughing matter anymore. You realize that its a very serious issue after all.

A friend has this. And he's confused as to how it happened because he never put it in his pocket - its always in his backpack, which he brings everywhere. He's guessing that it might've been 'sandwiched' between books and it got hot because he's always online. (24/7 unli data).

He wants to return it to apple, but guess what, Apple's giving him the runaround. "Sure we'll replace it", the guy tells him, but he'll wait a month or more because that's the time they'll supposedly have their stocks. All the phones they have in the store have been "reserved." Is this the kind of "good" customer service that Apple is touting? Sigh...
Would you really suffer a month or more, without a phone, for something that's not your fault?

You guys really need to start reading peoples opinions, especially people who stand up for consumer rights like I do and learn how to discuss issues such as Apples, rather than ignore the issue, accuse people of brand loyalty or being a fanboy and then allowing companies like Apple to get away with it by burying the issue. If you do that, hell just give them your bank card and pin number.

+1

By the way, do not class any other company that makes mobile phones in the same league as Apple - they're alone in their league. Ive never known a company release continuous streams of products year after year with such disastrous issues and then mismanage every single aspect of recovering from it from the customer point of view. No, its usually the customer fault isn't it ?

Esato is becoming ridiculous for such ignorance.

Blaming it on the customer .... is something that Apple is famous for.
The thing's that strange about it is.... the customer, the ones being blamed, seem to fall for their excuse every time!
Maybe they really have a 'reality distortion field', hehehe... just kidding folks.

cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-10-05 14:16 ]
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 15:33
@difenbaker

Maybe I am wrong but Apple only blamed the customers once ...antennagate ? They certainly didn't blame the customers with the apple maps fiasco or even in this case. To say that that's what they always do is a stretch
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 17:36

On 2014-10-05 15:33:41, aussieland1 wrote:
@difenbaker
Maybe I am wrong but Apple only blamed the customers once ...antennagate ? They certainly didn't blame the customers with the apple maps fiasco or even in this case. To say that that's what they always do is a stretch

well... from what I recall, the scuffing incident of the 5... was the customer's fault as well, right? Did they ever admit that they used a weak aluminum anodizing process? No, all they said was... "that's normal", and "some scratches of the paint will occur after some time"... sure maybe a few years, but NOT 2 weeks to a month! Incidentally, my N8 is more than 3 years old now... not one scratch on it still. I can say the same for most HTC's and Moto's.

and now, instead of doing a recall, and outright FIXING that weak aluminum casing... what do they say? "Dont put it in your pocket", and "we got only 9 complaints", and "we thoroughly test our phones". ---- That last line is actually what ALL the store managers say... which is why I posted what I posted in the previous page.... that they will make it seem like its the customer's fault if the phone got bent. That its some form of abuse or some misuse done to it. They will never admit that its a design flaw.

I realize that it might be some form of politics... or that Apple never really want to admit to anything, I think any company wouldn't want to admit to anything. But putting the blame on the customer, in my opinion, is the wrong way to go about it.

just my 2 cents.

ps. there was also "glassgate" in the ip4, with the glass scratching and cracking, but according to them - they (the customer) is at fault for "putting it in hard surfaces." Sigh.
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-10-05 16:45 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 18:13

On 2014-10-05 17:36:20, difenbaker wrote:

well... from what I recall, the scuffing incident of the 5... was the customer's fault as well, right? Did they ever admit that they used a weak aluminum anodizing process? No, all they said was... "that's normal", and "some scratches of the paint will occur after some time"... sure maybe a few years, but NOT 2 weeks to a month! Incidentally, my N8 is more than 3 years old now... not one scratch on it still. I can say the same for most HTC's and Moto's.

and now, instead of doing a recall, and outright FIXING that weak aluminum casing... what do they say? "Dont put it in your pocket", and "we got only 9 complaints", and "we thoroughly test our phones". ---- That last line is actually what ALL the store managers say... which is why I posted what I posted in the previous page.... that they will make it seem like its the customer's fault if the phone got bent. That its some form of abuse or some misuse done to it. They will never admit that its a design flaw.

I realize that it might be some form of politics... or that Apple never really want to admit to anything, I think any company wouldn't want to admit to anything. But putting the blame on the customer, in my opinion, is the wrong way to go about it.

just my 2 cents.

ps. there was also "glassgate" in the ip4, with the glass scratching and cracking, but according to them - they (the customer) is at fault for "putting it in hard surfaces." Sigh.
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-10-05 16:45 ]

Well I had iPhone 5 and didn't have one scratch on it so I think your individual experience is not reflective of everyone's . I have seem Samsung S4 and S5 with scratches on the side so I agree scratches happen. Yes there could have been a fault with the manufacturing process of ip5 just like there obviously is on with ip6 however saying that "Apple puts the blame on customers " is stretching it. And your friends experience that was told he has to wait a month while unfortunate is not reflective of Apple customer experience in general. I know people that bought ip 6+ in one colour and exchanged to a different colour and most certainly didn't have to wait a month!

So I agree that Apple should admit to its fault but I think when you are saying that they are blaming the customers you are reaching
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 19:48

On 2014-10-05 18:13:13, aussieland1 wrote:

Well I had iPhone 5 and didn't have one scratch on it so I think your individual experience is not reflective of everyone's . I have seem Samsung S4 and S5 with scratches on the side so I agree scratches happen. Yes there could have been a fault with the manufacturing process of ip5 just like there obviously is on with ip6 however saying that "Apple puts the blame on customers " is stretching it. And your friends experience that was told he has to wait a month while unfortunate is not reflective of Apple customer experience in general. I know people that bought ip 6+ in one colour and exchanged to a different colour and most certainly didn't have to wait a month!

So I agree that Apple should admit to its fault but I think when you are saying that they are blaming the customers you are reaching

Nope I don't think so, I don't think it's "reaching." I mean, just reading the phrase " you're holding it wrong"... Isn't that some form of putting the blame on the customer? Who is it addressed to, the end user, right?
Just like all the other excuses of Apple... Never did they admit, or even imply, that they're at fault. Like a 2 sided equation...if the left side is not at fault, the right side must be. There's no middle ground. So if it's not their fault... It must be the customers fault they're having problems.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an iPhone owner as well... Have a 4s and 5s with me. But I feel people like me are being made to look like idiots everytime apple gives an excuse. They can go ahead and sell their phones, but they shouldn't 'insult our intelligence' when something goes wrong.

cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-10-06 07:10 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-10-06 02:52

On 2014-10-05 12:25:37, etaab wrote:

So if I offend you for being an Apple owner, I do apologise, because that was not my intent.

[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2014-10-05 11:27 ]

Thank you, people buy Apple stuff because it works for them and that is all they want. Some people don't want anything more than iPhone. You fight a flipping good fight....but what you say does make sense.

Peace out.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-06 14:00
This all started for me when the iPhone 4 was first released and antennagate started. Just by doing a little search of the forum, you can read how four years ago, we have a similar issue now as we did with antennagate back then.

Steve Jobs lied, no other way of saying it. The god like leader of Apple refused that the phone had a design fault. He claimed it was the people who bought the phone who were at fault. He said that all other phones suffered the same issue. He claimed it wasn't the design of the iPhone 4 at fault.

Then, a couple of weeks into the fiasco, he acknowledged the problem (but wouldn't admit it!) and offered free bumper cases to all iPhone customers. He insulted people who had owned other phones by claiming theirs had the same issue, when I know for a fact mine did not. The man was a very good forward thinker, a snake oil salesman, but at the same time an arrogant idiot who took far too much for granted when it came to public relations, he had a brilliant way of shooting himself in the foot. He was just a liar and a cheat.

Sadly, without him Apple have continued in the same manner. Obviously, the 6+ has an ULTRA MASSIVE DESIGN FAULT, but they wont admit it. People will keep buying the 6+ for the next 12 months until Apple fix the problem with a new design (as per the iPhone 4S antenna). The phone does have a weak point, just below the volume down button, where the aluminium is probably thinner for the button cutouts. Its a weak point that trolls will exploit for online embarrassment of Apple.

But they deserve it.

If people enjoy their iPhones, then fair enough I have no issue with that. Apple's problems are not their fault, but the people who are unaware of the bad business practice of Apple only help keep Apple afloat. People like us of forums such as this with the knowledge need to keep kicking off at Apple to stop doing this. If we don't, if we keep quiet, if we buy into Apple products blindly, we're f****d, because Apple will take over and dominate the market with their over priced, built on a tiny budget poor quality products.

So, the Apple piss take campaign must continue.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2014-10-06 13:07 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-06 23:08
I just wanted to say that I got to play with the 6 plus in the last couple of days and I am enjoying the reach ability function very much. It has been criticised but if you learn how to use it it helps a lot with one hand use- I find it very helpful anyway
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 91011 ... 171819  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic