Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple iPhone 6 Announced

Previous  123 4 ... 181920  Next
Author Apple iPhone 6 Announced
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-09-09 21:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Nice phone but I am surprised it doesn't have OIS- almost like Apple wants to push people towards the 5.5 one. I don't mind because I prefer phablets anyway but I believe more people prefer smaller phones. Another surprise is different screen resolutions- what it is up with that?

Anyway apple store is now showing the prices for iPhone 6 and 6 plus- £539 for 16 gb , £619 for 64 (excellent price) and £699 for 128 gb. I reckon this one will sell really well ( I will probably still buy the 5.5 version )
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2014-09-09 21:58
ya, the 64gb is the best deal.

Comp against the alpha and the z3 compact

http://blog.gsmarena.com/appl[....]pha-vs-sony-xperia-z3-compact/

I will take the iPhone just because of the software, but the other two have much better cameras, and are better packaged..
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-09-09 23:00
Promo Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p1WkKQ76_U
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-09-09 23:46
Its ultimately dull isn't it ?

I think the best iPhone at the moment is the 5c, at least with colours like that it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Very little upgrade apart from chipsets. And they're still using the iSight moniker.. so basically its got an 8mp camera. Nothing more, nor less. Still the same Apple bullsh** year in, year out.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2014-09-10 00:58
^ yes, its mostly software enhancement around the camera, the hardware is probably the same.. even the optics. That 30mm focal length is awful for landscape photography.

It doesn't matter.. they will still sell millions
zooz
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-10 01:27
Yeah, the camera is a massive disappointment. I was hoping for the rumoured 1/2.3" 13MP Sony sensor... Maybe they'll stick it in the 6S.

All they said is that it's a new sensor. I think they just added phase detection AF.

Also the space grey version looks ugly, should be black at the back.
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2014-09-10 01:33
^The new focus system sounds really promising tho.. can't wait to test it out. I agree with you on the sensor.. I was expecting the same.

The 6s and the 7 are probably going to start taking imaging a bit more seriously, this is still "by the way" kind of thing.. there is a reason why they hired one of the best imaging engineers from Nokia a while back. The 6 was already in development when he got there, so there is no way he would have any significant input.

I wonder if they can make this any thinner..

I do like the design.. the curved glass reminds me of the N9

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-09-10 01:56
Phase detection?? Hmmm, copying Samsung's AF system now Friend of mine has moved away from iPhones because every model he has had since the very first one still seem to have too many dropped calls and reception problems. It seems Apple can still not get the basics right.
Phone?? What phone??
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-09-10 03:13
I have one burning question to Apple fanboys, when Sony, Samsung and others released phones a wee while ago with NFC you laughed at the security risks it entails. Oh and all of sudden your latest phone uses the same tech, so my question is how do you feel now with your so called vulnerable device now? Dont give me the touch ID excuse, Samsung already offer that but to be honest it makes ifans look stupid when they comment on tech thats not in their idevices and claim it to be a negative, but when your loyal company embrace eventually you go silent......

@etabb I always laugh at the iSight moniker. Using a Sony lens and rebranding it with ipoo. Apple are simply a very good marketing company nothing more now. Dont get me started on the iWatch lol
[ This Message was edited by: chunkybeats on 2014-09-10 02:15 ]
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-09-10 03:14
mmm... I think I'll skip this and wait a year for the 7.
this is so last year... I aint paying for yesterday's news.

cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-09-30 03:33 ]
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-09-10 03:37
Cu015170... The resolution of the camera can even be the same, but according to Phonearena.com sensor increased and now its size is 1/2.6", so the results will be the same and even in some cases superior to those presented by the LG G3 and SAMSUNG GALAXY S5.
[ This Message was edited by: emerson_shei on 2014-09-10 02:39 ]
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-09-10 03:45

On 2014-09-10 03:13:46, chunkybeats wrote:
I have one burning question to Apple fanboys, when Sony, Samsung and others released phones a wee while ago with NFC you laughed at the security risks it entails. Oh and all of sudden your latest phone uses the same tech, so my question is how do you feel now with your so called vulnerable device now? Dont give me the touch ID excuse, Samsung already offer that but to be honest it makes ifans look stupid when they comment on tech thats not in their idevices and claim it to be a negative, but when your loyal company embrace eventually you go silent......

that actually reminds me a lot about the 'screen size argument.' Most apple fans used to say that they didn't like bigger screens because it would be difficult to use 'one-handed' and that the current size of the 5 is ideal. They blasted the S3/4/5 with that argument. Now that Apple has announced a big and bigger versions of the 5... where is that 'one-handed operation' argument now? Or would they really choose to not buy this new iphone? I doubt that would happen.

cheers!
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-09-10 05:05
Some predictions about the new iphone's battery life... "estimated".

http://www.forbes.com/sites/m[....]-the-iphone-6-a-lousy-battery/
http://www.slate.com/blogs/fu[....]rks_are_always_misleading.html

cheers!
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2014-09-10 05:56
^

as good as the 5s

On 2014-09-10 03:13:46, chunkybeats wrote:

The first big push for secure NFC came from Nokia a long time ago, in fact they pretty much made it into a standard by creating the NFC forum in 2004. You can read more about it here:

http://conversations.nokia.co[....]4/11/nokias-nfc-phone-history/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_field_communication

In 2012 there was a big push .. even my 808 has secure NFC on board.

so, once again, they were way ahead of the curve, but it doesn't mean anything since they didn't know how to implement properly in the market place.

Time and time again Apple have shown that they know how to take an exciting technology/standard, which they didn't develop, and turn it into something successful, which then leads to all the "fanboys" you speak of thinking that Apple invented everything. I am really surprised that they didn't say that the iPhone 6 + is the first smartphone to feature OIS today...

See, it doesn't matter... its a great product and they will sell more iPhone 6 units than the total number of xperia phones out there...

On 2014-09-10 03:37:46, emerson_shei wrote:
Cu015170... The resolution of the camera can even be the same, but according to Phonearena.com sensor increased and now its size is 1/2.6", so the results will be the same and even in some cases superior to those presented by the LG G3 and SAMSUNG GALAXY S5.
[ This Message was edited by: emerson_shei on 2014-09-10 02:39 ]

If that's the case the pixels shouldn't be 1.5 microns. The 5s has the same pixel size from a 1/3.0" sensor. But I could be wrong..
[ This Message was edited by: cu015170 on 2014-09-10 04:59 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-09-10 06:26
Sooooooooooooo disappointed with the camera

I'll just have to get the Xperia Z3 now.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 181920  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic