Previous  123 ... 141516 ... 181920  Next
Author Apple iPhone 6 Announced
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-18 14:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Thanks Lemmy

As I said I have absolutely no problem with a personal opinion - what I replied to didn't sound like one.

And just for the record :

- free space on the desktop is to be used for widgets / most used apps. I personally prefer it to ios setup but it is just my opinion
- did you ever try Motorola G? It is lag free and the hardware is no where near 3 ghz quad core

Anyway I understand your point and appreciate your opinion since you at least have been giving android a go
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-18 14:37
Thanks Aussie

The homescreen wasted space really irks me. I know you can use widgets and shortcuts to apps etc, its just the really big gap that has to be left between the items.

Look at the gaps between the widgets and app shortcuts in the image above, terrible waste of space and certainly on the Note 3 and GS5 and G3 handsets that ive used this year you wouldn't be able to get another row in
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-18 16:03
Fair point Lemmy - I guess you can always have a 2nd desktop page with a lot of rows and no widgets . It doesn't bother me but I get your point . On 3rd party launchers though the gap can be smaller though but these always going to be a gap I suppose
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-10-18 17:44
http://youtu.be/sBfvJn-fpnc

Apple really know how to promote a new shop

Rewind to 12:00 to see how android behaves.
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2014-10-18 16:55 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-18 20:00

On 2014-10-18 13:37:35, aussieland1 wrote:
Lemmy

My point was that there is a difference between saying "I prefer ios to android" which is something that I totally get and saying "a phone is worst because it is running android " .

But since you brought this up I would love to know why an android phone is worst than an ios phone (iphone ). As I am using both at the moment I would love to know so I can compare
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-10-18 12:40 ]

Precisely.

It's one thing if someone says they don't like Android or iOS for A,B,C, but to say a phone is not good because it runs Android is pure ignorance and desrves slamming, that's the sort of general claim a fanboy makes.

There's a big difference between an opinion and a general claim.

One thing I have learnt since getting my iPad is that I should never generalize, and that there is a lot to appreciate in both systems, anyway no point in debating this, as there will always be Plank in iPhone threads making ignorant general statements, one simply cannot debate anything with a narrow minded person like him.

I hope those of you with the iPhone 6 are enjoying it, I'm trying to get my mother to leave her 5S for the 6 or 6 Plus, both will arrive in SA next week, I have borrowed her my S4 to give her an idea of how nice it is to have a large display and she seems to be much happier, no longer having to wear her glasses as she does when she uses her iPhone 5S or BB Q10. Hopefully she'll go with a iPhone 6 Plus, think that will suit her, she will use the 5S for phone calls and 6Plus for everything else.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2014-10-18 19:03 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-18 20:27

On 2014-10-18 20:00:49, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Precisely.

It's one thing if someone says they don't like Android or iOS for A,B,C, but to say a phone is not good because it runs Android is pure ignorance and desrves slamming, that's the sort of general statement a fanboy makes.

There's a big difference between an opinion and a loose claim.

I did give my reasons for not liking Android !! you haven't used anything but an Android handset for quite a long time now so you cant really offer any sort of realistic opinion or even loose claims
I'm not a fanboy at all, I've owned and used more handsets running differing OS's this year alone to know that I cannot stand using Android handsets so how can I be ignorant !! My opinion comes from first hand experience not ignorance.

Please tell me the different mobile phones OS's that you have spent time with this year in order to form opinions that the rest of us can take seriously or maybe your the one making loose claims

I really hope you enjoy using your Note 4, without doubt its a fantastic handset........but it runs Android and so for me its just no good I'm afraid....in my opinion of course

Please let this thread get back to discussions about the iPhone 6 and not Android OS......run along now until you have something relevant to contribute to the discussion that stems from first hand experience

aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-18 21:12
Lemmy

I don't think Tsepz post was referring to you but the one I directly replied to initially

Tsepz

I like it , the battery doesn't seem as good as 5s but is still pretty good. I had 6 plus as well but decided to get note 4 and keep iphone 6 . Iphone 6 plus is nice and everything but wanted to have a smaller phone next to my other 2 phablets. (Now I am thinking I could have bought sony z3 compact and kept iphone 6 plus) but oh well. Yeah iPhone 6 is great, other than a few glitches in iOS 8 which will hopefully be fixed by ios 8.1 I like it. Camera is good as well - and I have OIS on both lumia 1520 and note 4 so I should be covered for low light photos. Apps are slowly optimized for the new resolution so no major complaints there. And I find I use it more than I was using ip 5s due to larger screen. I don't dispute that 5s has a brilliant size but if you do a lot of web browsing like I do on the phone ip 6 is much better
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-18 21:24
my 3 phones

lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-18 21:57

On 2014-10-18 21:12:24, aussieland1 wrote:
Lemmy

I don't think Tsepz post was referring to you but the one I directly replied to initially

I know Aussie but its just another person here labelling others as ignorant and it is really starting to Fu** me off.

Great collection of phones by the way !! I really wish I had the money to enable me to keep my 1520, its such a good handset.

Glad your enjoying the iPhone aswell !!

Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-18 21:58

On 2014-10-18 20:27:53, lemmy31 wrote:

On 2014-10-18 20:00:49, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Precisely.

It's one thing if someone says they don't like Android or iOS for A,B,C, but to say a phone is not good because it runs Android is pure ignorance and desrves slamming, that's the sort of general statement a fanboy makes.

There's a big difference between an opinion and a loose claim.

I did give my reasons for not liking Android !! you haven't used anything but an Android handset for quite a long time now so you cant really offer any sort of realistic opinion or even loose claims
I'm not a fanboy at all, I've owned and used more handsets running differing OS's this year alone to know that I cannot stand using Android handsets so how can I be ignorant !! My opinion comes from first hand experience not ignorance.

Please tell me the different mobile phones OS's that you have spent time with this year in order to form opinions that the rest of us can take seriously or maybe your the one making loose claims

I really hope you enjoy using your Note 4, without doubt its a fantastic handset........but it runs Android and so for me its just no good I'm afraid....in my opinion of course

Please let this thread get back to discussions about the iPhone 6 and not Android OS......run along now until you have something relevant to contribute to the discussion that stems from first hand experience

I didn't call you ignorant or a fanboy, neither of my last two posts were directed at you...

I use both Android and iOS daily with my Note 4 and iPad, take both to work and most places I go, so I have a great idea of how both systems work.

No idea how you concluded that my posts are directed at you, and how you skipped the fact that I don't just use an Android handset but also use a iOS tablet, but anyway, as you were...

aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-18 22:08
Thanks Lemmy

Nokia 1520 is unique because of its size , haa a great camera and wp is a great distraction from ios and android. It is really good.

Anyway the iPhone 6 basically just does everything that I expected . As you know ios has probably the best selection of apps, camera is good too plus I have an ipad air as well and the 2 link really well (I wish android phones and tablets would link just as good). Anyway iphone 6 is good enough and people will enjoy it
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-18 22:14

On 2014-10-18 21:12:24, aussieland1 wrote:
Lemmy

Tsepz

I like it , the battery doesn't seem as good as 5s but is still pretty good. I had 6 plus as well but decided to get note 4 and keep iphone 6 . Iphone 6 plus is nice and everything but wanted to have a smaller phone next to my other 2 phablets. (Now I am thinking I could have bought sony z3 compact and kept iphone 6 plus) but oh well. Yeah iPhone 6 is great, other than a few glitches in iOS 8 which will hopefully be fixed by ios 8.1 I like it. Camera is good as well - and I have OIS on both lumia 1520 and note 4 so I should be covered for low light photos. Apps are slowly optimized for the new resolution so no major complaints there. And I find I use it more than I was using ip 5s due to larger screen. I don't dispute that 5s has a brilliant size but if you do a lot of web browsing like I do on the phone ip 6 is much better

Thats great to hear, I'm sure the battery will get better over time as Apple further optimizes iOS8 for the 6 and 6 Plus, I see many 6 users are getting great batt lifetat MacRumors, around 6h usage I'd say is quite good, I'm see roughly 7h for 6 Plus, it can only get better with further updates.

Great collection of phones btw, the best of iOS, WP and Android, lucky bugger
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-10-18 22:19
Nokias windows based phones is easily nr.2 (IOS is nr.1 in my book) every since iphone 4s.

............im so glad Nokia got rid of their crappy Symbian OS and started a relationship with Microsoft mobile.

Nokia is a bit like Apple...they stand for ultra good build quality......awesome software features (for ex the camera software).....and they have very nice design.

ps...seriously..i must give cred to Apple promotion videos..really nice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCqJGoCMlVc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ5n6sxZyEQ
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2014-10-18 21:32 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-18 22:39

On 2014-10-18 22:14:53, Tsepz_GP wrote:

Great collection of phones btw, the best of iOS, WP and Android, lucky bugger

Cheers I guess I need to grow up a little bit - hopefully no more purchases for me this year

Don't get me wrong the battery is still good I just think 5s battery was slightly better (in terms of battery life) still I easily get 1-1.5 days of battery life
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-10-19 17:29
I decided to take the plunge & get an Apple iPhone 6

Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 141516 ... 181920  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic