Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Previous  123 456 ... 434445  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy Note 4
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-09-16 21:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I think phonearena also did a display comparison between the S5 and a few other flagships. In fact a number of sites used Phonearena's findings in articles afterwards. The screen on my Note 3 is incredible so I think that the Note 4 will be outstanding.
Let us wait and see
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-09-16 21:48
@ Bonovox - heh, I was going to suggest the same thing. The thing about a company doing so well as Samsung, they probably ask companies to review and publish their findings as they are probably very confident of their own products.

Where as Sony for example, would not want the screen from the Xperia Z from early 2013 publishing, as it was terrible for such an expensive flagship at the time. Thankfully, the new Z has a much better screen.

I also love their little dig at apple !

Im not a fanboy by any means, if Sony, HTC or Google / LG / Moto released a phone as attractive to me specs wise as this, they'd get my money. As of now, nobody comes close to the Note 4 for me other than the G3. So cant wait to get the Note 4 !
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-09-16 22:03
Exynos 5433 is indeed A53/57, 64bit

Samsung's Exynos 5433 is an A57/A53 ARM SoC

AnandTech
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-09-16 23:16
Oh I seen that video dig the other day a good subtle piss take
Phone?? What phone??
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-09-17 00:13
Yes I did read somewhere that the Exynos is 64 bit. Interesting that they would make one version 64 bit and not the other. Any way, I waiting for a system dump on the snapdragon version so that some of the goodies can be ported to my Note 3.
iPad Air 16GB
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-09-17 13:21
Phonearena review of the galaxy Note 4 screen
iPad Air 16GB
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-09-17 17:26
@etaab
Is Sony the only ODM they could publish results of? What about LG, HTC, Motorola? They have nice screens that get a lot of praise in the reviews, so why wouldn't they want to publish their measurements?
Besides, they released the review of Xperia Z and nothing after that.

@skblakee
It looks promising, I have to admit. Would like to see what Erica Griffin has to say about this screen and guys from anandtech, unfortunately GSMArena is out of the equation.

About 64bit part, it seems that even though it really is 64bit, low level drivers expose only 32 bit mode and probably even after Android L update it won't use 64bit part. Have a look here, during this whole discussion Nebuchadnezzar made many valid points as to why it is rather unlikely that 5433 will run in 64bit mode.
Additional bit of information about 32bit mode for 5433 from Anandtech.
[ This Message was edited by: Wishmaster89 on 2014-09-17 16:28 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-09-17 20:52
I am not sure what other reviewers can change about the fact that Note 4 has excellent scores in screen quality. If it display mate and phonearena were basing their articles on opinion I could see a point but since it is all based on measurements this whole thing is ridiculous
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-09-17 22:08
Well for one, they could get different scores and that would affect their final verdict (not saying it will happen).
But as of right now one website seems to confirm what was published by displaymate, so let's wait for the others to see if their measurements will give them similar results.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-09-17 23:12
Wishmaster89, i think the problem is, you're the only one in here downplaying any positives about the phone, first the screen, now the cpu. Like aussieland1 said, these sites are basing their finding on tests, so lets take what they say and use it to make informed decisions such as whether we would want to buy the phone or not. Whether its better than the iPhone 6+ or not.

You've discussed in an adult manner and sorry to sound so cynical but is this not just a case of another bitter Sony phone owner posting in a Samsung thread ?

Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-09-18 03:15

On 2014-09-17 17:26:52, Wishmaster89 wrote:

@skblakee

About 64bit part, it seems that even though it really is 64bit, low level drivers expose only 32 bit mode and probably even after Android L update it won't use 64bit part. Have a look here, during this whole discussion Nebuchadnezzar made many valid points as to why it is rather unlikely that 5433 will run in 64bit mode.
Additional bit of information about 32bit mode for 5433 from Anandtech.
[ This Message was edited by: Wishmaster89 on 2014-09-17 16:28 ]

Yes even though the SoC is 64 bit they don't seem intent on activating it. I thought at first that the put it there and was holding on for Android L to come. Unfortunately not.
One of the things allowing the iPhone to be so fast with only a dual core, sub-2Ghz SoC is its 64 bit architecture. These Android flagships need to go 64 bit
iPad Air 16GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-09-18 06:45
Etaab

+1

skblakee

According to AnandTech, although 64bit seems disabled the CPU still takes advantage of the A53/A57 power and efficiency, hence why it runs at a max of 1.9GHz vs. 2.7GHz of the Snapdragon 805 and still be more powerful than the Snapdragon. Also remember the Exynos 5433 is a 20nm CPU not 28nm, so it still has a huge advantage over any other chip currently available and lets not forget the beastly Mali760 GPU.

Early benchmarks show that the Exynos Note 4 effortlessly beat the S805 variant, and got very close to the NVidia CPU, the only thing that helped the NVidia chip win was that it was running on a device with HD1080P display vs. the Exynos Note 4 with a 2K display.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-09-18 09:54
@etaab the problem with Sony is it seems to be ignoring or not doing so well in the US market.
Phone?? What phone??
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-09-18 11:31
I didn't downplay any positive thing about the screen, read once again what I wrote and stop acting like you're defending your own dignity. I said it earlier, and I'll repeat it once more, I don't have problem with the fact that screen is as good as they say, I just raised concern about basing opinion about something you haven't even seen after reading only one review from site that in last 12 months always praised Samsung for it's screen (yes, when writing my first post I was talking only about what displaymate said). Not once have I said anything about phonearena, apart from the fact that I'd like to see how they find the screen. If you all like to jump on the happy train, by all means, I will try not to even come near this thread and shatter your perfect picture.

About CPU. Please tell me in which part have I said anything negative about it? I just posted information's about the fact that it runs in 32bit mode and not 64bit. If it's not sharing of findings I don't know what it is. In my short sentence, not even once, have I alluded that use of 32bit mode will hamper the performance. So what is your problem with me posting this information? Besides, this whole thing explains why Samsung didn't say anything about CPU used for 5433 in the first place.

And please etaab, stop bringing up Sony vs. Samsung in this thread! Have I even once said that Note 4 is crap and Sony rules or anything like that? For what it's worth I don't give a crap about Sony losing money and lowering their sales prognosis for the rest of the year. But I see that my presence here is not wanted.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-09-18 12:10
I think people should judge screen quality with their own eyes and not any sort of website. I can't see any difference between 1080 and 2K on small screens, I keep my phone dim and I use less colourful themes so I don't need brightness and contrast to be that awesome. Like my Professor says to me, "people want to quantify everything and throw out numbers but how is that relevant to what is happening in real life? - you can learn so much more simply by observing and judging with your own eyes". He refers to cancer cells but it applies to everything. I have no doubt that the screen will be excellent but what's more important is how that affects battery life and so on, it's not something to argue about.

Secondly, I don't see any real difference between 32 and 64 bit today but I imagine that I will in the future.

Thirdly, Sony rules yeah! Sony ftw!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic