Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 434445  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy Note 4
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 12:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Probably, I don't see why not. The problem lays with the developers of apps and such - will they actually use it once enabled ?

Due to the current and continuing issue with Android fragmentation, I think it'll take another 12 months before we see any action on that part.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 13:37

On 2014-10-05 11:52:12, etaab wrote:

By assuming Samsung chose plastic because its cheap, you're showing a negative opinion of Samsung, which sounds more like " fanboyism ".

So yeah, my insult still stands, stop being intentionally stupid.

That plastic is cheap has nothing to do with fanboyism. It's just a fact.

(My main phone right now is an old SE G700 which is all plastic and it doesn't get cheaper than that.)

And that you find it necessary to spoil the tone of this forum with insults shows clearly who the fanboy here really is.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 13:43

On 2014-10-05 12:02:36, luwi wrote:
Guys i'm planning to get the exynos version of note 4. Do you think there will be a chance that samsung will enable the 64bit functionality once android lollipop becomes available?

IMO if you really want 64 bit you should buy a phone next year. I doubt that Samsung will enable the 64 bit on the current processor but even if they do apps have to be optimised to take advantage of the 64 bit which could take a really long time - especially if android L will not get rapid expansion.
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 14:15
Thank you guys for your feedback. I'm just taking the advantage of exynos with snapdragon since as we know that future of android will be on 64bit functionality. If samsung can enable it on right time, it will benefit us note 4 users.
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 14:22
And why would they enable 64bit on current gen SoC if next year they will have new line of Exynos made from ground up to be 64bit enabled? Technically possible but from marketing PoV rather improbable.

If they wanted it to be 64bit they would market is as such and not keep quiet about CPU's used. Besides, that would differentiate note 4 (32bit snapdragon vs 64 bit exynos) and they don't need this kind of confusion among customers.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 14:41
^agreed . I don't think they will do it as well
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 15:21
Since we are thinking that they will never enable the 64bit functionality of exynos version, the only deciding factor for us choosing between two processors running both as 32bit will be the performance itself. It seems exynos still better option though.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 15:43
To be completely honest I don't think anyone iof us knows for sure if t will be enabled . I don't think so and it doesn't make sense like the other poster said but who knows? They could always surprise everyone - if I could put my money on it though I would say no I don't think they will

It seems that Samsung optimised both to have similar performance . I think exynos could be faster because it is newer architecture but the software has to be optimised to take full advantage - and I believe that Samsung will optimise them to have similar performance. If you are into rooting the phone the snapdragon one will get better support . I also think that more apps will be designed better optimised for the snapdragon 805 so this could be an advantage

But a lot of what I just said is me guessing. The truth is that regardless of the version you end up buying you should get top performance . It certainly felt that way when I played with it in the Samsung store
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 16:07
It is highly unlikely we will see 64 bit running on Androids before next year when manufacturers start using the Snapdragon 810 which will be 64 bit. As of now most major Androids use Snapdragon SoC and none are 64bit. The current best Snapdragon Soc is the 805 which is not 64 and it is only found in a few androids such as the Note 4 and the LG G3 cat 6. With most phones using 32 bit chipsets app developers won't put much resource into switching over to 64 bit and therefore it won't be of much use to Samsung to activate the 64 bit architecture.

We probably won't see 64 bit apps and support until around this time next year when the software and hardware optimization will be on par and Android L would have become much more prevalent. Most new androids out at this time such as the HTC 1 M8, the Galaxy S5, LG G3 might not even get Android L until sometime in the new year and they still won't be running 64 bit hardware any way.

See this article about Samsung's 5433

Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-06 13:14
Samsung have been known to up the performance of the current product line in the past, look at how they upgraded the SGS3 with an LTE version, more ram and as such a newer more up to date version of Android.

Personally, I couldn't care less. By the time app developers get on board the 64bit bandwagon another year will have passed by and late 2015 released phones will be ready for the upgrades.

@ AbuBasim - whatever ! Mr Hypocrite !
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2014-10-06 13:38
Finally, note 4 demo units now available in dubai and i managed to play on it. Nice phone but im still undecided whether to get white or black...
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-06 14:10
Lucky you, ive still not seen one in the flesh.

They're both very good looking phones, but I chose black because ive not had a black phone for four years. Black also looks smaller to the human eye. The white version looks bigger than the black even though its not.
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2014-10-06 14:13
Thanks etaab for the inputs.

Dont worry bro you will love it in flesh for sure.
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-06 15:29

On 2014-10-06 13:14:11, etaab wrote:
@ AbuBasim - whatever ! Mr Hypocrite !

Hypocrite? That from Samsung's biggest fan who feel b*tthurt when plastic is described (correctly nonetheless!) as cheap! The reality distortion field does indeed not only emanate from Apple.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-06 23:14
^ I agree that Samsung has used cheap plastic in the past but something like Note 3 feels anything but cheap and the Note 4 feels even better. I don't know how many Samsung phones you have owned but I can tell you that they normally feel well built and last long . And the plastic cover means that you get replaceable battery which for some people it is important
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic