Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Some nice wallpaper for the Z2T

http://news.softpedia.com/new[....]-Xperia-Z2-Tablet-434392.shtml

pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-04-15 15:31
The only reason that stops me of buying this tablet is that the headphones jack is on the same side of the dock.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-04-15 18:18
Not considered Bluetooth?
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-04-15 19:26

On 2014-04-15 18:18:16, goldenface wrote:
Not considered Bluetooth?

Have bluetooth speakers (SE MBS-400) but have better Bose PC speakers that I wanted to use it with,... must see it first in real how high it stands above the dock,maybe an L formed plug will fit.
Bit strange that Sony did not think about that...
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-16 04:17
I think Smaug posted in the last page that a fairly slim 90º jack/adaptor will do the job for you
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-04-17 10:06

On 2014-04-16 04:17:54, Ricky D wrote:
I think Smaug posted in the last page that a fairly slim 90º jack/adaptor will do the job for you

Yes... saw it too late,thanks ... I think this one will do.
Smaug
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-17 12:07

On 2014-04-16 04:17:54, Ricky D wrote:

The headphone jack I used in my photo is from a Sony XBA-2, which is actually fairly big and chunky. I also tested the dock with a smaller L-shaped jack from my phone's hands-free set and it doesn't even touch the table.

The DK39 dock is highly unlikely to allow a straight headphone jack, but most L-shaped connectors should work just fine (although the tip may just touch the table).

@pt020

That looks perfectly fine. You shouldn't have any issue with it.

I got the dock for free, but it is very useful. Would recommend it to any Z2 owner if you can pick it up for cheap. I've got my eye on the BSC10 Bluetooth speaker dock, but we're still waiting on its release.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-17 15:08
I'm looking for the speaker dock too, but I read some prices around the £100 mark for release which is pretty expensive.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Smaug
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-17 17:09

On 2014-04-17 15:08:16, Ricky D wrote:
I'm looking for the speaker dock too, but I read some prices around the £100 mark for release which is pretty expensive.

Even more, sadly. Several UK retailers list it as £130 on pre-order.

For that amount it had better be carved out of a single nugget of solid gold and sprinkled with diamonds. Sure, Sony have decent quality audio equipment but they aren't Harmon.
u2jewel
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-04-18 21:52
A quick review and opinion after one month of use.

I love it. No regret in buying it.
Battery life is good, screen is good, ergonomics is good, looks good, feels good (very light), sounds good thanks to front facing speakers, and finally, tastes good!

But in hindsight maybe Wi-Fi version was enough for me, because having tested out xperia link app hooked up with my Z1C, I can read and reply to all sms from the phone, get LTE speed internet connection shared, receive call notification while using the tablet...making me wonder why I needed the LTE version, since if I have the tablet on me, I will definitely have the phone on me too. The 32GB internal storage would have been more useful maybe, especially with bloody kit Kat restriction on sd card use. I patiently wait for a root method that does not require bootloader unlocking.

The latest firmware update did address the unresponsive screen issue partially. As mentioned by other fellow users here, double tap can be unresponsive at times, yet just holding the bezel area and slightly touching screen can at times wake the thing up.I am positive that it is a problem that can addressed with future updates. Let's just hope that Sony can crack it on the next attempt. Sometimes trying to close unneeded tabs in chrome browser can be frustrating too!

Does anyone else get bothered by slight squishiness on the right hand side bezel? All the other borders are solid, this one on the right slightly less sturdy...It creeks sometimes when holding it single handed.

But to all those on the fence..
I repeat. It's good. If mine got stolen tomorrow, I'd go and buy it again, without thought. Maybe the Wi-Fi version though!
u2jewel
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-04-18 22:07
Need advice and opinion from other users....

I was given a screen protector. The shop applied it beautifully for me. Maybe this is aggravating the response? I know I will suffer from fingerprints if I decide to remove it, because this one I have, (sorry, don't know the name or brand) is very effective at keeping prints away...

Remove or not to remove?
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-19 02:32
I don't have a protector. I find the glass wonderful under the finger. Smooth and soft to touch, also much less prone to fingerprints than the pre-applied shatter-proof protectors of old.

I'm crossing fingers on scratches, though from my experience the glass Sony uses is pretty good against scratches.

Without the protector and with the FW update the device is 'ok' touch responsive, not perfect, but it does seem to be getting better with use, perhaps it was just a case of working into the device.

On a separate note, over on xda someone stated that the Z2 Tab was originally supposed to support pen input, but the support as pulled, hopefully only at a FW level. Which means that we'll have to wait for an easy root option and patch to open up the pen input (like Z1 users do).
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2014-04-21 09:20
Hi everyone!

I am thinking to upgrade my Xperia Tablet S 32gb to the Z2 and wondered if the charging port on the Z2 was the same as on the Tablet S.

I have a USB adaptor that plugs into the Tablet S that allows me to connect a flash drive. Wondered if I can use the same on the Z2 !

Thanks!

Ofiaich
esato since Nov, 12, 2001
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-21 12:25
@ofiaich

The Z2 Tablet uses the new magnetic port for charging or a regular micro-usb port for either charging or data transferral.

I believe the Tablet S has it's own proprietary port at the bottom for docking, data and charging. This is not going to be compatible.

The micro-usb on the side is quite standard to most smartphones and will be usable with the Z2 Tablet too.

This tablet is amazing by the way. Even compared to the Tablet Z. Well worth the upgrade.

Only disappointments are the touch sensitivity won't allow pen input (hoping for a root hack) and in android 4.4 manual management of the sdcard is blocked (plugging into the PC allows full control and root also allows control).
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2014-04-22 00:21
Thanks Ricky D !

I will think about the Tablet Z2 ! I have a new Sony TV and can also mirror easily to the TV!

I will sleep on it, but might buy tomorrow! Wish I could find one in store!

Ofiaich
esato since Nov, 12, 2001
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic