Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy S5 Announced

Previous  123 ... 242526 ... 414243  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy S5 Announced
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-04-21 21:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The S5 does yet again appear to be the best all round Android phone for 2014. Im more disappointed with HTC than impressed by any other manufacturer this year. I really do not like the M8, I cant get my head around the low resolution camera, lack of OIS and larger size for apparently less phone. The cameras can be acceptable in the S5, Z2 and G2 but the M8 camera I really cant get on with. There needs to be a certain level of quality available regardless of function or features but the M8 just lacks it from the start.

On 2014-04-20 23:20:54, hello1000 wrote:
Camera and screen are just better on the Z2,

Better than what ? the Z1 ? yeah probably. As for me being a Samsung fanboy, I'd still rather have a Nokia phone over a Samsung any day. Sadly, Nokia don't make flagship Android phones. So if anything im more of a fan of Nokia than any other manufacturer.

Stroll on to another website where they might want ya' pal.

Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-21 21:24

On 2014-04-21 21:12:44, etaab wrote:
The S5 does yet again appear to be the best all round Android phone for 2014. Im more disappointed with HTC than impressed by any other manufacturer this year. I really do not like the M8, I cant get my head around the low resolution camera, lack of OIS and larger size for apparently less phone. The cameras can be acceptable in the S5, Z2 and G2 but the M8 camera I really cant get on with. There needs to be a certain level of quality available regardless of function or features but the M8 just lacks it from the start.

On 2014-04-20 23:20:54, hello1000 wrote:
Camera and screen are just better on the Z2,

Better than what ? the Z1 ? yeah probably. As for me being a Samsung fanboy, I'd still rather have a Nokia phone over a Samsung any day. Sadly, Nokia don't make flagship Android phones. So if anything im more of a fan of Nokia than any other manufacturer.

Screen color gamut, more than S5 and more realistic colors what you get from a LCD rather than AMoled .
Camera, even the Z1 make better pictures than S5 camera and the Z2 has better camera upgrade components.

If i rtead your message and you claim that S5 has better screen or camera without any facts, yes than i call you a fanboy just like the other biggest Sammy fan.

And there is more, what the Z2 pull the S5 under the mud, speakers and premium materials and software way better than Samsung has like UI part.

And soon no more Nokia as well anymore, it will be renamed in Microsoft mobile .
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-04-21 21:44
Sadly you're right about Nokia, Microsoft will probably ruin what I love most about Nokia.

As for the rest, I disagree. I haven't seen a Z2 yet (but then, have you ?) but the whole LCD vs AMOLED debate has always been a none starter for me. I haven't once been able to see the complaints that Samsung phones deliver fake colours on images. To me they always seem to be simply brighter than the duller contrasts of LCD panels. The only areas where the colours are much more colourful is in the UI icons. For example, the Google Chrome icon on my homescreen looks much nicer on a AMOLED screen than a LCD panel. In other words, pictures taken with the camera look fine, its only the icons which really have crazy deep and rich colours. But then I also prefer that to dull boring user interfaces like Sony's.

Another example would be my current homescreen wallpaper, its a picture from my holiday last year taken on my N8. The colours on my S3's super amoled screen make the wallpaper look exactly how it looked when I was there in person. I doubt a LCD panel could give me that same sense of recreation of that memory.

I think all of your opinions are based on very little personal use. I just think you would accept anything from Sony even if it was remarkably inferior to a Samsung product. If the Z2 came out with a 256k colour screen, you'd still try to convince people it was better than the S5's.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-04-21 22:01
Wow hello1000 great to see you defending Sony here but no one is bashing the Z2 just giving their opinion on what they think is their honest opinion. I have seen the Z2 and the GS5 at the same time and both screens are probably the best in the business right now. Sony have stepped up their game in screen department and answered all the critics about previous Xperia displays. The GS5 is amazing as well side by side there is virtually nothing in it between the two. Both have very deep blacks but AMOLED is probably better in that field but the Z2 seems to have a very slight advantage in colour reproduction and available colours across the gamut. Again though I stress the difference is minimal only those with a well trained eye will spot. Bottom line is Sony is now a major player in mobile display and Samsung have improved the already great AMOLED display to make it more natural looking which ever device people get you will not be disappointed it's as simple as that.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-21 22:39

On 2014-04-21 21:44:49, etaab wrote:
Sadly you're right about Nokia, Microsoft will probably ruin what I love most about Nokia.

As for the rest, I disagree. I haven't seen a Z2 yet (but then, have you ?) but the whole LCD vs AMOLED debate has always been a none starter for me. I haven't once been able to see the complaints that Samsung phones deliver fake colours on images. To me they always seem to be simply brighter than the duller contrasts of LCD panels. The only areas where the colours are much more colourful is in the UI icons. For example, the Google Chrome icon on my homescreen looks much nicer on a AMOLED screen than a LCD panel. In other words, pictures taken with the camera look fine, its only the icons which really have crazy deep and rich colours. But then I also prefer that to dull boring user interfaces like Sony's.

Another example would be my current homescreen wallpaper, its a picture from my holiday last year taken on my N8. The colours on my S3's super amoled screen make the wallpaper look exactly how it looked when I was there in person. I doubt a LCD panel could give me that same sense of recreation of that memory.

I think all of your opinions are based on very little personal use. I just think you would accept anything from Sony even if it was remarkably inferior to a Samsung product. If the Z2 came out with a 256k colour screen, you'd still try to convince people it was better than the S5's.

I must disagree with you here. I do love AMOLED panels but the over saturated settings(which I know can be changed) do not make the scene of an image or photo look natural at all. I have seen plenty of LCD panels with beautiful natural colours. More often than not using an AMOLED screen & taking a camera photo has resulted in colours that do not match the scene I am looking at.
Phone?? What phone??
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2014-04-21 23:45
stellar audio quality as well.. the only phone that fares better is the new HTC

On 2014-04-20 22:33:27, Sassho wrote:
Hey , I not say SGS5 camera is best. SGS5 camera nice wide lens , noting more.

Still not as wide as the Nokias

On 2014-04-21 21:44:49, etaab wrote:

What makes you say that ? the new CEO is very much in line with what's going on and he knows what's important.. he is consumer driven more so than bottom line driven like Ballmer.. I think they are in good hands unless they start loosing engineering talent.
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-04-21 23:50
Dust & Water Resistant - Samsung Galaxy S5 Official Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygHwsG-FZ-A
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-04-22 08:27
Nothing impressive but still nice to see day-to-day examples of how you can benefit from IP67 protection, not that they're first on market with it...
DexterMoser
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-22 10:52

On 2014-04-21 23:50:31, emerson_shei wrote:
Dust & Water Resistant - Samsung Galaxy S5 Official Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygHwsG-FZ-A

What Samsung was trying to say is that you only need the S5 if you have kids

Well seriously they should have focused less on parents playing with their children, which by the way isn't that common nowadays. But I guess there'll be other ads.
Galaxy S4 (S600)
Looking forward to the Sony Xperia Z4 (or 5)
Feynman about Beauty
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2014-04-22 13:06
Compare Lens wide in SGS5 , Z1 Compact , Lumia 1520
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-22 20:04
This guy smashes his GS5 & the battery goes all wild and flies off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88rSfzvGSU8
Phone?? What phone??
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-22 20:09

On 2014-04-22 20:04:53, Bonovox wrote:
This guy smashes his GS5 & the battery goes all wild and flies off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88rSfzvGSU8

S5 don't get bash anymore

Realy fun this, a phone get to revenge

The design is really over though, the reason why the screen will not crack at the first two bash is the way how the phone is design very stellar on the table without weak holes in the design.
[ This Message was edited by: hello1000 on 2014-04-22 19:12 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-22 20:12
I thought that was funny the noise it made and how it flew off
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-04-22 22:42

On 2014-04-21 22:39:14, Bonovox wrote:
I must disagree with you here. I do love AMOLED panels but the over saturated settings(which I know can be changed) do not make the scene of an image or photo look natural at all. I have seen plenty of LCD panels with beautiful natural colours. More often than not using an AMOLED screen & taking a camera photo has resulted in colours that do not match the scene I am looking at.

Wheres this over saturated setting ? My S3 has four settings, dynamic, standard, photo, movie. In that order, from most colourful to least. So im assuming you mean the dynamic setting.

Personally I have mine on dynamic all the time as I love the colours, but like I mentioned in my previous post, never do my images ever seem over saturated from the pictures ive taken. If anything, the ones taken with the phones camera are white and over exposed compared to my old N8 for example.

I think you might have had a faulty phone when you used such a phone with an amoled display. Even my N8 has an amoled screen, but its not affected by this over saturated accusation. I think the media have simply dreamed up an issue that doesn't exist to downplay the technology in defence of other products.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-04-22 23:10

On 2014-04-21 21:12:44, etaab wrote:
The S5 does yet again appear to be the best all round Android phone for 2014.

Indeed, it is.

He can't, we are the only ones who could be bothered to make the effort to decipher whatever rubbish he's trying to talk, thats why he keeps coming back, shame.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 242526 ... 414243  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic