Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > The Official Esato's Phone Camera Shootout Competition January 2014: "Capture the moment"

Previous  123 ... 789 101112  Next
Author The Official Esato's Phone Camera Shootout Competition January 2014: "Capture the moment"
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-01-28 20:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@ Marly - my emotional reasoning behind my opinions do not come from a sense of loyalty to cupcake, they're driven by wanting a fair competition for all which this competition has not been many many times in the past.

Ive seen the rules bent for some members and kept strict for others. Ive seen pictures win or at least get higher votes when they shouldn't have been allowed in at all. Ive also had a major issue with images being staged to win the contest, which is something ive always felt strongly should not be allowed. I always refer to the colours theme as an example, when someone wrote Esato in coloured candy sweets - fake, staged, no skill at all. How is that competition ?

I think ive come to the conclusion that this competition is all too amateurish and isn't very professionally held, policed or managed. The inconsistencies ive become aware of illustrate this to me. Ive entered less and less this past few months because ive felt this way. Ive won photo competitions on other media sources, such as Instagram and Flickr, but not once have any of my pictures come close on Esato. I suggest this is due to the way its held, as mentioned.

Ive always felt, like many others on here, that the theme maker should be able to decide what pictures qualify and which do not. However, this month I completely disagree with 9_Destiny as he has suggested examples of what qualifies and yet denied cupcake's even though it meets the requirements as she outlined herself - which is hypocracy at its finest, ergo one rule for one, one rule for another.

Ive removed my entry, theres little point in entering a competition which is meant to be for fun only but appears to have corrupt undertones deciding the direction is goes every month.

Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
9_Destiny
HTC One
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-01-28 22:07
I completely disagree with you etaab. I’m not a hypocrite. Your girlfriends shot presented static landscape with no perspective to change. Instead thinking of picking another shot you both just offend on me removing your shots from the competition. That’s childish. I participate with this competition 2 years since January 2012. As a OP I had only 2 examples of pictures which I’ve decided to judge due to the mismatch with the month’s theme. I’m not a sadist who irrationally decide what’s right and what’s wrong. I’ve put arguments explaining why in my opinion picture was invalid and the difference between your girlfriend’s shot and those which I’ve put as examples.

Your judgment about me and this competition is highly biased and emotional. Case with Sylwester’s rainbow was up to you and cupcake as a hosts of “A lot of them” topic. You did nothing to qualify/remove his photo and now you are pissed of that I dare to do it. You said that this competition is too amateurish, isn't professionally held, policed or managed. So tell me where the hell you’ve been as a advisor of your girlfriend during “A lot of them” theme? You said something about hypocrisy? It’s not the first time of your complaining about this competition and picture of other contestants just because you're not pleased with results.

I’m sorry that I’ve hurt your and your girlfriend feelings. I had no idea that my statement about single shot will bring all this mess. Being OP is not an easy job. It sometimes requires to make tough decisions even those which can't please everybody.
9_Destiny
HTC One
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-01-28 22:11
Picture of flying bird.

Original
alenn
Nokia N900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-01-28 22:44
Etaab is definitely being childish. Yeah, running away from the issue won't help much either.
Great shot 9_Destiny!!!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-01-28 22:49
I don't really care whether you agree with me or not. My opinions of this competition are gained through my observations whether they involve you or not. You're highly hypocritical as you have posted instructions which related to cupcakes picture, but now you back-peddle and claim the picture is not that. The landscape was static ? the lake was not frozen, it was well above freezing. But you're saying it simply was not moving at all ? Im not a physicist, but im sure if I was one I would not refer to water which is open to constant variables such as air pressure, evaporation, life intervention, kinetic energy within molecules or any other infinite affects, as static.

Just answer me one question please: was the lake frozen ? yes or no ?

Im sure a physicist would say theres more movement in her picture than any captured thus far. Do you understand the stupidity of how you draw us to discuss this based on your hypocritical remarks regarding what does or does not qualify ? The problem is, your argument against cupcakes picture is weaker than my argument for it by a considerable stretch.

Secondly, you and hihihans decided amongst you that cupcake's picture was not valid, therefore she removed it based on your decisions, that's called compliance. That's not childish. I removed mine for the reason ive already stated. If you actually researched my comments before making that comment you'd see I have not entered the competition much this past six or so months. If I have, ive entered pictures which were in no way intended to win as they were not my best efforts due to personal issues with time, work and social life. I just wanted to participate as cupcake joined this site to show some interests in what interests me. She has enjoyed it more than I have, which is why she has entered every month, whilst I have not.

You make too many simple assumptions about me. My argument with the rainbow image happened after the competition had closed. If, once again you took the time to research my comments you will have noticed I only got chance to complain in the following months theme chosen by Sylwester. Not only did he enter past the deadline for entries, but he also entered a picture which was not valid. I was away and did not know who had won. Not to mention it might have been my idea, but it was Cupcake's theme, she should have been the one to complain prior to the competition closing. This is certainly not the first time ive complained about this competition, again as you claim.

As for hurting my feelings, or cupcakes, you haven't. You just cannot seem to grasp that people have opinions based on events which have happened historically. You cannot tell them its just this month or last when its been going on for probably well over a year. Cupcake joined at a time when I was getting sick of the competition and was considering not bothering.

@ alenn - that's the typical childish response I'd expect from you. I remember how easy you are to follow the crowd a few months ago when you voted for my picture and then decided actually it wasn't valid and crap. You wanted to change your vote. Remember ? because I do. If you don't want to vote for my pictures, then I don't want your vote if your opinion is so easily swayed. " Running away ! " that's childish.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2014-01-28 21:50 ]
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2014-01-28 23:16
It's just a pity that you complain that the rules are not tight enough and when I try to fix that you refer to pics that are the reason why I'm trying to keep it strict.
You are right that it's all very unprofessional. I am just a volunteer.

Anyway, in about an hour or so I close this for entries.
alenn
Nokia N900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-01-28 23:20
And I wouldn't expect anything less than this.
Go on, squander about quoting and discussing, you won't really change anyone's opinions and the OP's mind.
Oh yeah, turn around information against everyone and tag everyone with your opinions.
Cause that's all you do, whine about.
NHF.
cupcake30
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-01-29 00:30
We don't want a 'change of mind', hence why I removed the photo, we are just sticking to our opinion and thoughts, which we are entitled to do so.... Simple!

Good luck to all entrants!

Happy Photography

TeeGee
Nokia Lumia 925
PM
Posted: 2014-01-29 00:34
Come on, peeps, this is a phone- not an photo-forum, this competition should be fun, and only fun. Winners don't get eternal fame, nor a prestigious award, or 50.000 dollars (or pounds, euros, whatever), only the honour (?) to pick next month's theme.

And it looks amateurish? Well, surprise: all participants, members and mods, are amateurs, the only pro here is laffen and he never bothered with the photo competition, he even doesn't seem to have time to bother with Esato at all, so we should be grateful, that at least hihihans and tranced are willing to spend some of their free time to keep Esato friendly.
[ This Message was edited by: TeeGee on 2014-01-29 00:18 ]

Live and let live, how hard can it be ?
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2014-01-29 00:36
^^ Spot on!
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2014-01-29 01:00
Capture the Moment.

Capture a vote

1. XperiaJunkie - Sony Xperia Z1

Original

2. chunkybeats - Sony Xperia Z

Original

3. DACHA - Sony Xperia Z1

Original

4. alenn - Huawei Y300

Original photo.

5. emporium - Sony Xperia V

Original

6. blackvodka - Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Original

7. goldenface - Sony Xperia Z

Original

8. Kirankj1724 - Samsung Galaxy S3

Original

9. mochuothp - Sony Xperia Z

Original

10. NOZ - Sony Xperia P

Original

11. 9_Destiny - HTC One

Original

Voting rules are as usual:
Only one vote, no change, not yourself.
Winner will be announced as soon as its februari

Remember, Have fun.
[ This Message was edited by: hihihans on 2014-01-29 00:03 ]
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2014-01-29 01:06
Forgot to vote last month. so let me be the first this time: DACHA.
Who could resist that smile
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
TeeGee
Nokia Lumia 925
PM
Posted: 2014-01-29 01:11

On 2014-01-29 01:06:51, Marly wrote:
Who could resist that smile

Well, as the father of two, I can't, so DACHA it is

Live and let live, how hard can it be ?
9_Destiny