Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014

Previous  123 ... 323334 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-13 12:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have just asked Sony mobile on Twitter about the release of the Z1s, not thinking I would get a reply the told my to ask my network about stock and availabilty confirmation surely this means an annoucement is very close. My Twitter ID is @craig_ord85 if you want to take a look.

Here is a screen shot I uploaded to flickr for those that don't have Twitter.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/103473117@N06/10835653406/
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2013-11-13 11:33 ]
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
qqqw
K750
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 14:40
So, have u tried asking O2?
SE K750 > Nokia E71 > Samsung S8500 > Samsung N7000 > Nokia Lumia 620 > Moto G
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-13 14:43
Yes I have asked O2 but not yet had a reply from them I will post asap with there reply.
They're in my head
sami92a
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 15:43
Sweet! it looks really nice i can´t wait to hold it
karim128
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 15:51
For someone with 11 posts you sure do come across as a bit arrogant. Perception goes a LONG way in reading your post ... specifically what I've chosen above as not to loose context.

I don't remember being disrespectful to anyone. In fact you're the one being arrogant, scolding me like that and implying that the fact that i had only 11 posts somehow makes me wrong.

A15 is a reference design that is LICENSED, including the instruction set ... so NO nobody is "FREE to use it as they choose, you must license it". Krait is no exception if it can run the same instruction set and Qualcomm has LONG been on Arm Holdings, Inc's tender in this VERY regard.

I never meant that ARM is a non profit organisation, when i said that everyone is free to use it, I didn't mean that is was for free. I meant that ARM licence it to whoever wants to pay, just like I'm free to buy whatever I want. I thought that was clear, ARM isn't the red cross after all.

You are correct that A15 is not entirely nor the core of the Krait chip design ... Qualcomm chose to license what it wanted, required, or just outright saw what was fit.

Which is the instruction set. Did I say that Krait isn't even based on that? Or are you implying that Qualcomm licenced parts of A15 and glued them to Krait?

Again perception is the KEY when reading the section of the post you've read above ... yet nothing can go against the facts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krait_(CPU)
Krait is an ARM-based central processing unit included in Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 and Snapdragon 400/600/800 (Krait 200, Krait 300 and Krait 400) System on chips. It was introduced in 2012 as a successor to the Scorpion CPU and has architectural similarities to ARM Cortex-A15.

The similarities being A)the instruction set and B)Similarities that they share with even non-ARM designs, like OoO execution, which has been a requirement in order to stay competitive since 2011 so that doesn't prove anything. I have even brought the article doing the comparaison between it, A9, A15 and Swift which proves my point.

^ So you're incorrect in stating " Krait is not based on an early A15, it is a pure Qualcomm design, from scratch .."

http://www.anandtech.com/show[....]-s4-msm8960-krait-architecture
Qualcomm has an ARM architecture license enabling it to build its own custom micro architectures that implement the ARM instruction set

^ However the next part of that sentence is ... " ... the only thing it shares with A15 is the instruction set, in other words they can execute the same programs."

I'm not even sure what you mean here. You quote me as saying that they share the same instruction set and then bring that sentence that prove that Qualcomm built their "own custom micro architectures that implement the ARM instruction set".

You're mixing opinion with facts and this contrues your statement. You need to completely use the facts as such they are... not mix and match. It almost seems I'm doing so with splitting your sentence above yet there is no other way to clarify you're mixing a lot up.

BTW, Arrogance is never good for anyone and telling someone not to post just because "YOU" said their wrong shows that. There is no place for this on Esato, never was accepted 7yrs ago, should be now, not by you, myself nor ANYONE ELSE. I'm all for correcting someone or BEING corrected by anyone I'm man enough to admit and accept when I'm wrong, but being arrogant when you too are also wrong is hard for anyone to stomach.

May I remind you that i'm the only one that cared to bring proof? You are the one actually asking me to accept what you said as fact without any proof, that is, apart from that sentence from Wikipedia that say they have some "architectural similarities". I'm man enough myself to accept being corrected , but you're not bringing any significant proof. I'm sorry but Krait ain't based on A15 and isn't archaic or any worse. Get your fact straight.
And i don't remember asking someone not to post.

peace.

On that we agree. And I apologize to anyone for the off-topic.
[ This Message was edited by: karim128 on 2013-11-13 14:59 ]
Michalis3
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 16:59
I really hope that Sony will make a device for 2014 that has similar features and price tag to the Moto G. Something with a 4.3" or 4.6" screen and Snapdragon 400 or 600 for a reasonable price. Z1 S will be a great device but will be priced accordingly to its specs. Lets see when will it be released and for what price.
pattiobear
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 17:09
I'm really hoping that Sony updates the Z1 Ultra along with the Z2. Although that's probably not likely. I'm looking at the Z Ultra, but the current camera kind of kills the deal for me. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
[ This Message was edited by: pattiobear on 2013-11-13 16:13 ]
nodarsixar
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-13 18:14
what is xperia Z1S's price?
NO
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 18:33

On 2013-11-13 17:09:49, pattiobear wrote:
I'm really hoping that Sony updates the Z1 Ultra along with the Z2. Although that's probably not likely. I'm looking at the Z Ultra, but the current camera kind of kills the deal for me. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
[ This Message was edited by: pattiobear on 2013-11-13 16:13 ]

About the Z Ultra succossor, if you scroll back we already talked here that sony needs to change it's characteristic to a full blown premium phablet with zero compromise in hardware (good examples: note 3, lumia 1520), not a phone inside a tablet. sony tries to be unique and thought it will catch a crowd for some reason but it is obviously bound to fail. it turns out to be a half baked costly premium device wannabe.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2013-11-13 18:41 ]
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-13 18:56
Will there be a Z Ultra 2 surely it will depend on sales of the Original does anyone know how well the Z Ultra has done sales wise
They're in my head
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 20:13
I'm probably going to get the Z1s if its out before next year. Else, I'll probably just wait till next year for the Z2 (or Z2 mini if they're smart and announce it in parallel).

I'm mostly interested in the design language they go for this time around....I hope they don't use OmniBalance again. While it is beautiful, I appreciate that Sony have a unique style for each year.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-13 20:30
I wonder if Sony maybe thinking of releasing a slide out qwerty keyboard smartphone like the old Xperia Mini Pro. There has to be a market for this I'm sure the phone wouldn't have to be top spec maybe.

3.7 inch QHD display with X-Reality engine (298 PPI)
8MP Exmor RS rear camera with full HD video recording with LED flash
2.2 Exmor R front camera with 720p video recording
Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.7 GHZ dual core
1.5 GB of RAM
8GB of internal storage with micro SD card support
Android KitKat 4.4
Slide out qwerty keyboard with optical trackpad
2100 MAh battery with stamina mode

As you can see this would easily sit well with low to mid range devices of next year and if priced around £230 them I'm sure Sony will be onto a winner.
Anyone agree?
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2013-11-13 19:44 ]
They're in my head
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-13 20:46
IMO, it should be like this:

5 inch flagship
~4.3 inch flagship mini
~4.7 Flagship, with QWERTY keyboard
6 inch premium phablet
4 inch mid end dual SIM phone
Same as above, but with QWERTY also

That cover almost all categories in the premium section...
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
profyler
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 20:49
Someone can start a Z1S thread already
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-13 20:50
@Felimenta97 agreed with all except I think Sony will still need a sub 4 inch smartphone to compete in the smaller screen segment
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2013-11-13 19:55 ]
They're in my head
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 323334 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic