Previous  123 ... 313233 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-12 18:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-11-12 13:22:32, XperiaJunkie wrote:
^ just read that before they are stating it wont be released before the new year which is a shame as I am looking at one for a Christmas present for my girlfriend she keeps using my Z1 reading e-books in the bath so it will be ideal for her.

Get her the Z1 Mini if available
(gift obstacle resolved)
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
karim128
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-12 19:43
@my ninja
In order stop going in circles, i'll will bring proof. Look at the iPhone 5 (not the 5s) review at Anandtech. When exploring Swift, Anand did a pretty good job comparing it with Krait and A15. Once you read all he had to say about Swift (4 or 5 pages IIRC), you'll understand how little A15 and Krait share in common (I know the last sentence sounded weird ). There are even diagrams comparing the architectures. In fact, most of the review was dedicated to A6 and (more importantly for us in this particular context) how it compares with the competition.
When I said don't compare smartphone and desktop, what i meant wasn't "don't compare their capabilities". I agree with you that smartphones are like little computers and in the future, their processing power will be enough to the mainstream, that is, anybody besides hard-core gamers (as opposed to casual, "facebook" gamers ) and professionals.
But what i meant is, it is normal that Intel is ahead when it comes to process nodes on the desktop, because new process nodes aren't at first optimized for low power platform (like smartphones/tablets) so the new process nodes always comes first to the desktop and then to the smartphones. So comparing Intel's 14nm with what smartphone makers have in store for next year is an unfair fight. What would be a fair competition, is comparing when Intel brings the 14nm Atom and when the other ARM manufacturers gets to there. I'll agree that Intel is still at an advantage, but not that much ahead, and judging by their last offerings, having better process nodes only offsets the disadvantages on x86 and their questionnable GPU's. It's a shame that they brought a smaller GPU than the competition despite that.
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 02:08

On 2013-11-12 18:02:40, sami92a wrote:

On 2013-11-12 17:54:51, Indiandawg wrote:
Hello Guys! It's been long I haven't been here around, hope you all doing good.
I've got just another sad news, my XZ is dead.

I wanted to ask you guys if there is a new phone coming soon by sony, like the successor of Z1 or any other flagship phone?

Z1S

That won't be the flagship phone. I remember Randomuser talking about One Sony, is it still on under rumours? Also I've been reading about Z2.
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-13 02:34
'One Sony' is a business philosophy on product strategy rather than a single device.

Although, if push came to shove, the first device under the philosophy of 'One Sony' would be the Z1.

Going back to your original question, personally, if my Z broke down now I'd look at Z Ultra or wait until March when we should have a clearer picture of what's on the table for 2014.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2013-11-13 01:44 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 03:43

On 2013-11-12 19:43:12, karim128 wrote:
@my ninja
In order stop going in circles, i'll will bring proof. Look at the iPhone 5 (not the 5s) review at Anandtech. When exploring Swift, Anand did a pretty good job comparing it with Krait and A15. Once you read all he had to say about Swift (4 or 5 pages IIRC), you'll understand how little A15 and Krait share in common (I know the last sentence sounded weird ). There are even diagrams comparing the architectures. In fact, most of the review was dedicated to A6 and (more importantly for us in this particular context) how it compares with the competition.
When I said don't compare smartphone and desktop, what i meant wasn't "don't compare their capabilities". I agree with you that smartphones are like little computers and in the future, their processing power will be enough to the mainstream, that is, anybody besides hard-core gamers (as opposed to casual, "facebook" gamers ) and professionals.
But what i meant is, it is normal that Intel is ahead when it comes to process nodes on the desktop, because new process nodes aren't at first optimized for low power platform (like smartphones/tablets) so the new process nodes always comes first to the desktop and then to the smartphones. So comparing Intel's 14nm with what smartphone makers have in store for next year is an unfair fight. What would be a fair competition, is comparing when Intel brings the 14nm Atom and when the other ARM manufacturers gets to there. I'll agree that Intel is still at an advantage, but not that much ahead, and judging by their last offerings, having better process nodes only offsets the disadvantages on x86 and their questionnable GPU's. It's a shame that they brought a smaller GPU than the competition despite that.

quickly, and ironically (for me at least wrt our public conversation) in that article shows that intel is planning on dropping a 14nm atom next year.. similarly i expect the Ex6 to be at 14nm however who knows if samsung will be able to shoehorn it into an actual device.. instead of merely production samples.

as for reading about swift, i did.. the whole article actually (if anyone is interested: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6330/the-iphone-5-review and its empirically different to the A9.. for the sake of esato (well this thread in particular) i will relent on the S800. (i still dont agree but we will put an end to this as its predominantly off topic)

i guess i am a fan of the newest/latest/greatest... i do hope that we can see a WQHD/Ex6(aka A53/57)/4GB/256GB device in 1H14 and my personal preference is that SONY be the one to drop that hammer... i doubt it.

referencing the Z1 and the quiet rumors of the Z2 i doubt that sony will implement or even have the desire to implement the latest and greatest HW.. i fear an incremental update the the Z1.. they (one sony) do not see the benefit of having the BEST in a singular device.

Audio - 24/192
Video - 4K recording .... shoot i would be thrilled for 120fps 1080p
Display - off angle coherency.. i wish they would begin to utilize JDI in a meaningful way (WQHD)
Storage - 16GB is from 1996.. a jump to 256 would be relevant for 1H14 but because of the other devices, i doubt they have incentive to do so.. again samsung has 128GB chips 2x would be $46 @ $23 per 128GB chip (to production costs..) but because the market only asks for 12GB (usable, theres no business incentive to up the storage, esp with the idea that SD cards can compliment internal storage) which is a joke, as the access speeds are wildly incomparable.

regardless of this one mans opinion, it was a good discussion, i am happy to share points of view anytime. thanks Karim, HxH, & even you XCute
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 04:52

On 2013-11-13 02:34:33, Ricky D wrote:
'One Sony' is a business philosophy on product strategy rather than a single device.

Although, if push came to shove, the first device under the philosophy of 'One Sony' would be the Z1.

Going back to your original question, personally, if my Z broke down now I'd look at Z Ultra or wait until March when we should have a clearer picture of what's on the table for 2014.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2013-11-13 01:44 ]

I did thought about Z Ultra but I felt Z1 has better specs and also Z Ultra is big enough for me. March announcement means April-May release. Little long. Let's see where I land up.

Thank you everyone for the help
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 05:57
@ninja

Thanks anyway, and I apologize if any harsh words slip out out my tongue.

For me, to describe true-octa is to use all 8 core online in same time, while Ex5 5420 is not it still 4x4 config even CCI fixed but not make a full use of it due to some problems as mention before.

I don't expect Hi-Fi audio and 4K for now, far off in reality perspective.
Audio files even best in business like iTunes still not offer that HQ, don't even think about 4K.

Only expect 32GB + MicroSD supported plus software know-how from Walkman and Alpha Nex team.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2013-11-13 05:02 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-13 08:55

On 2013-11-11 16:51:16, karim128 wrote:

The ARM reference is the A15, Krait falls below this reference point because of what reason? they designed their own chip, based on what ARM had at the time, their goal was to get a family of SoCs to market ASAP for mind.market share, this 'rush' paid off as they are assumed to be the only/best player for mobile SoCs. Again your comparison i dont think particularly suits this discussion.. could just be me however.

Gosh, please don't repeat the same arguments when i've already said they were wrong. There is no reference, everybody is free to either use A15 or desing their own core, and Krait is not based on an early A15, it is a pure Qualcomm design, from scratch, the only thing it shares with A15 is the instruction set, in other words they can execute the same programs.

For someone with 11 posts you sure do come across as a bit arrogant. Perception goes a LONG way in reading your post ... specifically what I've chosen above as not to loose context.

A15 is a reference design that is LICENSED, including the instruction set ... so NO nobody is "FREE to use it as they choose, you must license it". Krait is no exception if it can run the same instruction set and Qualcomm has LONG been on Arm Holdings, Inc's tender in this VERY regard.

You are correct that A15 is not entirely nor the core of the Krait chip design ... Qualcomm chose to license what it wanted, required, or just outright saw what was fit.

Again perception is the KEY when reading the section of the post you've read above ... yet nothing can go against the facts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krait_(CPU)
Krait is an ARM-based central processing unit included in Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 and Snapdragon 400/600/800 (Krait 200, Krait 300 and Krait 400) System on chips. It was introduced in 2012 as a successor to the Scorpion CPU and has architectural similarities to ARM Cortex-A15.

^ So you're incorrect in stating " Krait is not based on an early A15, it is a pure Qualcomm design, from scratch .."

http://www.anandtech.com/show[....]-s4-msm8960-krait-architecture
Qualcomm has an ARM architecture license enabling it to build its own custom micro architectures that implement the ARM instruction set

^ However the next part of that sentence is ... " ... the only thing it shares with A15 is the instruction set, in other words they can execute the same programs."

You're mixing opinion with facts and this contrues your statement. You need to completely use the facts as such they are... not mix and match. It almost seems I'm doing so with splitting your sentence above yet there is no other way to clarify you're mixing a lot up.

BTW, Arrogance is never good for anyone and telling someone not to post just because "YOU" said their wrong shows that. There is no place for this on Esato, never was accepted 7yrs ago, should be now, not by you, myself nor ANYONE ELSE. I'm all for correcting someone or BEING corrected by anyone I'm man enough to admit and accept when I'm wrong, but being arrogant when you too are also wrong is hard for anyone to stomach.

peace.

However the next part of that sentence is ... " ... the only thing it shares with A15 is the instruction set, in other words they can execute the same programs."
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
mobisekim
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 11:17
Sony Xperia Z1S(D5503) for certification in Ukraine
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.ph[....]45&view=findpost&p=26615347 />
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.ph[....]13845&view=findpost&p=26617284
[ This Message was edited by: mobisekim on 2013-11-13 10:24 ]
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-13 11:28
GSMarena reporting that a Amazon are selling cases for the Z1s which is due for release on the 26th of November
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_[....]vember_26_launch-news-7172.php
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
profyler
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 11:29
good news boys:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/11/13/xperia-z1s-aka-z1-mini-pictures-leak-confirms-d5503-model-number/
mobisekim
X2 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 11:31
В России и в Украине он выйдет через 3-3.5 месяца
aussiefella
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 11:40
Oh yeah thats what im talking about.
Gimme some z1s action!!!

If its released nov 26, does that mean it'll be announced earlier?
[ This Message was edited by: aussiefella on 2013-11-13 10:44 ]
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-11-13 11:47
If it is released on the 26th an annoucment should only be days away. We only have 13 days till the 26th it would be great if it was available in the next 2 weeks, although I cant see it happening everything that is possible to cross is crossed lol.
One reason I cant see it launching on the 26th is it will have 4.3 before the Z1 the current flagship and that is due to get it in December but on the other hand Sony will know that if it is launched with 4.2.2 people will automatically knock it down to have older firmware.
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2013-11-13 10:51 ]
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
aussiefella
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-11-13 11:58
Xperia zr was released in june so a release for z1s in november makes sense (6 month cycle)

BTW the photos of the screen look really good. Great colours and viewing angles for dodgy shots.
[ This Message was edited by: aussiefella on 2013-11-13 11:00 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 313233 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic