Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 295296297 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-07-31 12:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^ All sony needs is to focus on is high end, 1 low end that is super cheap but better then xperia e1 and one mid range that is also relatively cheap but with good internals and fast updates to rival moto g.
phones like xperia m2, c3, t3 have no real value cause last year flags costs about the same. in short, they should make less devices but put all their efforts in them and make each of them count.
when people ask me to recommend them about a low/mid/last year flag i don't recommend them xperia phones. from low to high: a chinese phone>moto g>last year flag>current flag. as of now sony is ONLY competitive in the high end category. they are not competitive even in last year flag cause z1 to be honest has pretty unlikable display and that shatter film and that bulkiness look so i wouldn't recommend it to people. from sony i would only recommend z2 and z1c as of now.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-07-31 11:08 ]
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-07-31 12:23
They should abandon the low-end market, keep the mid-range for now. They released too much phones they couldn't support. My Xperia L testifies.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-07-31 12:31

On 2014-07-31 12:06:41, itsjustJOH wrote:

Back then you'd probably be one of those that would be sad about news like this. Oh, how one phone can change a person.

A phone didn't change me. I was forced to change by Sony's stupid decisions. And the results of those decisions are seen now and will become even more clear very soon.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2014-07-31 11:34 ]
napahlm
T610
PM
Posted: 2014-07-31 12:47
So... When can we expect the Z3-family annoncment? Read reports that samsung is showing Galaxy Alpha on monday. Sony shouldnt be many steps behind?
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-07-31 13:00

On 2014-07-31 12:31:05, randomuser wrote:
A phone didn't change me. I was forced to change by Sony's stupid decisions.

I have to say strongly agree with this, as I'm keep losing passionate about Sony.
I will keep consider Sony device as priority but not too engaging in detail with them.

Latest decision that Sony's shoot their own foot is World Cup 2014
keep push hard on their BRAVIA while XPERIA (one of three core businesses) out of scene.

Also, even I'm exciting to see Sony's implement on beautiful material design
but Google allowance apps access to sensitive information in Play Store is killing me off little by little.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2014-07-31 12:06 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
stook
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2014-07-31 13:33
@napahlm
nordic sale/launch date should be in week 39, so the announcments should be before that
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-07-31 13:45

On 2014-07-31 12:47:33, napahlm wrote:
So... When can we expect the Z3-family annoncment? Read reports that samsung is showing Galaxy Alpha on monday. Sony shouldnt be many steps behind?

Sony's ifa press conference is on the 3rd of september, so that is when it will be officially announced, but I would imagine some sort of teasers from sony's end, so a week before that, late august for teasers.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-07-31 14:08
I've said for a long time Sony need to give up the mid and low end.
They aren't big enough to handle the low-margin (or even loss-leader) strategies enforced by the main competitors.
The Moto G is a fantastic phone. I'm sure Sony could make a phone just as good, but they can't afford to keep the price as low.

Focus on the high end, where they make the most money. Maybe they can't get Apple levels of success in the immediate future, but the Sony brand isn't worth naught, so they should take advantage and try to get the Xperia brand up near the top.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-07-31 14:48
Well unfortunately when we do a reality check, we realize Sony is not Apple after all to survive by selling only high end devices. In which case they will be selling what, 1.5 million units per quarter?

Sure sounds like a great plan.
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2014-07-31 15:31

On 2014-07-31 14:48:58, randomuser wrote:
Well unfortunately when we do a reality check, we realize Sony is not Apple after all to survive by selling only high end devices. In which case they will be selling what, 1.5 million units per quarter?

Sure sounds like a great plan.

You are absolutely right. After three years Sony mobile still doesn't have a strategy on how to sell more mobile devices. The big downfall are quality and price. I know several people in US who get a Z1s for T-Mobile and returned it because the phone kept dropping calls.
Almost ever product Sony has released lately had quality issues and was priced higher than competing products.
If the trend continues Sony will go out of business.

randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-07-31 16:04
I see them going out of business very soon. Next quarter figures shouldn't be any different and Q4 will be worse with Z3 being a generation behind competition and the other Xperia models being no good.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sony quits the phone business as soon as next year.

We've actually come full circle actually.. I think Sony's market share now is the same or even lower than Sony Ericsson's when Sony acquired
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2014-07-31 15:06 ]
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-07-31 16:13
Eh... no worry everyone will be stop at sideline for sometime because someone will call big time out
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-07-31 16:29
Sony can concentrate on high end, but shouldn't abandon low-mid range devices completely.

I think by saying or leaking such a thing their aim is to influence public opinion in developed markets that Sony is a premium brand with quality devices.

The truth is, as randomuser quite rightly points out, that they make money in the emerging markets. A lot of the second line Xperias do well (relatively speaking) in China, Brazil and India. It would be suicide to cut them off.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-07-31 16:39

On 2014-07-31 16:04:01, randomuser wrote:
I see them going out of business very soon.

How soon is "very soon". And by out of business, you mean the entirety of Sony? Cause the PS4 seems to be doing pretty well. I don't buy Sony just up and dying any time soon.

Next quarter figures shouldn't be any different and Q4 will be worse with Z3 being a generation behind competition and the other Xperia models being no good.

"Generation behind"? That's rather disingenuous. SD805 is the same generation as 801, but with a bigger GPU, and no integrated LTE baseband. Performance will increase, but power efficiency will decrease because of the lack of an integrated modem. Whether or not that puts Sony at a disadvantage remains to be seen.
At the very least, the Z3 will look a lot better than the Note 4, which will make at least SOME difference, if not a huge one.

The iPhone is the iPhone and the fact that it will have superior hardware is just cause Apple have a huge silicon budget and they've outpaced the only reliable SoC vendor; Qualcomm, in terms of CPU design. Not much Sony can do about this, except get mad at Qualcomm for being so bloody lethargic.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sony quits the phone business as soon as next year.

This statement surprises me. Is Sony's market share contracting so fast, that SMC will no longer be profitable within 12 months? If the unit sales (and by association the revenue) goes down, but making smartphones is still profitable, why would they shut it down? Particularly after gaining a lot of mindshare in places like Europe. I'm seeing Z2's and Z1c's everywhere in England these days, which is insane given how I'd never ever seen anyone else with an Xperia device prior to 2012.

We've actually come full circle actually.. I think Sony's market share now is the same or even lower than Sony Ericsson's when Sony acquired
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2014-07-31 15:06 ]

The market is also a lot bigger than in 2012. Samsung's market share has also decreased. Windows Phone is a better OS than it ever has been and MS will be aggressive after acquiring Nokia. Chinese and Indian companies are dominating emerging markets, and the Motorola are eating up the low-mid tier with the Moto G and E.

Comparing Sony's overall position in today's market, to SE's position in the market in 2011 isn't really possible.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-07-31 16:42
@XYZ

In case you missed, XPERIA never made money for Sony. And even for Q2 Xperia remains the only business in RED. Even the TV business is in black now.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 295296297 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic