Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014

Previous  123 ... 270271272 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-07-12 17:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I personally believe this very near final design, at first glance it may look just another Z1/Z2 but carefully closer look the design again you'll see new design of full alloy round body-frame no rubber inserted aside anymore instead of flat design from previous two, also small cut on each corner what is that?

I really hope for fine metal cut but that dual front speakers could not finish something like that, just NOOOOOOOO. Z2's speakers is lot much better.

New design rumors could be this improved form of Omni Balance, not a major overhaul?
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2014-07-12 17:32 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
milukugiuniu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-07-12 18:05

On 2014-07-12 14:42:41, kurtdean wrote:
^ nothing new just the side bezels getting smaller and perhaps the body will be thinner

You are correct.
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-07-12 18:40
This is far from what I imagined of a completely new design for Z3 as what had been claimed by those with connections from inside. It kinda looks like they just added a rubber case to a Z2.

On 2014-07-12 13:51:48, amirprog wrote:
@itsjustJOH
I don't see any surprise in that size comparison considering sony's design language and the rumors. z4 may be even taller in dimensions then note 3 assuming it will most likely carry 5.5" QHD display, unless sony change their design language entirely and build fat phone with all slim bezels (top, bottom, sides) like g3.

I know the flagships are increasing in size like the Z series of Sony, but I never realized how close they are now to what many people considered two years ago as "ridiculously too big" aka the first Note.
[ This Message was edited by: itsjustJOH on 2014-07-12 17:42 ]
Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2014-07-12 18:53

On 2014-07-12 17:54:00, HxH wrote:
full alloy round body-frame no rubber inserted
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2014-07-12 17:32 ]

Still just the frame with two glass panels sandwiched, something apple did with... iphone 4... in 2010! Until they do full metal body like HTC or apple, it's still the same shitty thing
[ This Message was edited by: Ebato on 2014-07-12 17:54 ]
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-07-12 19:23
I would be disappointing if the rumoured "new design" was just repositioning of the front firing speakers (which may actually produce better quality sound), and making the edges rounder.
Not really a "new design" as opposed to a refinement.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-07-12 19:28
when did we start to care quality from phone speaker(s), who start the sh!tty trend totally lame.

@Ebato

I may not write that clear enough, but I didn't mean full body just a full alloy frame (somehow led to think of Xperia ion's day) that no rubber inserted.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2014-07-12 18:31 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-07-12 19:56

On 2014-07-12 19:28:11, HxH wrote:
when did we start to care quality from phone speaker(s), who start the sh!tty trend totally lame.

No more shitty than the core-counting and clock-speed counting and pixel-counting trends that seem to be floating around. A good set of speakers is another pro to add to a list.

@Ebato

I may not write that clear enough, but I didn't mean full body just a full alloy frame (somehow led to think of Xperia ion's day) that no rubber inserted.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2014-07-12 18:31 ]

Yes, but nobody sees that. What we have here is an aluminium frame and another glass sandwich.
Obviously a flat body maximises space-efficiency, but its not exactly what we expect when people have been claiming "completely new design".
rickrz
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-07-12 21:10
If this is new design, someone definitively missed the common sense of new.
I was hoping for some new, beautiful (something like maia's prototype that we saw last year) mixing NXT and Omnibalance design, I guess Sony is just following the trend doing minimal changes to the design every year, just as Apple, HTC, Samsung..

Guess I'll just save me some money and get the Z1 Compact (for those interest, is listed 350US$ today on ebay) or I'll try to sell my ZL to someone in Brazil and then buy Z1C or even the iPhone 5s

Anyway.. little bit offtopic, but I can't seem to be able to change my cellphone icon in my profile here on Esato, I've been trying since I registered, but I don't find any "save changes" icon when I change my cellphone, can please someone help me?
maiaramdan
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2014-07-12 21:28
to be honest i am so disappointed by this design and as everything is clear now about the Z3 i told those words before to randomuser but i was afraid to post them, i don't want to repeat my mistakes, but there was a real new design language make the phone appear as if it's one glass block with ZL front design

thanks God i didn't post it in the past but as everything is clear now regards the Z3, this was one of the designs
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-07-12 21:29
@rickrz
If the one you're talking about is the design with those trapezoidal stereo speakers with LED lighting surrounding it and a big ass camera at the back, I have to say it ain't even near beautiful. And the NXT design with those LED strips, really did not find it attractive. It's unique and that may had made it appealing, but not really beautiful. I say the Omnibalance design is their best, just got a bit boring when they started implementing it on every phone. Plus it's been more than a year anyway. I also like the Arc, Ray and the unfortunate SX.

Oh, and did you click "save preferences" at the bottom of the preferences settings page?
[ This Message was edited by: itsjustJOH on 2014-07-12 20:32 ]
rickrz
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-07-12 21:41
@itsjustJOH

Yes, I'm talking about those
I do have the ZL and S versions, and if I could, I would totally just upgrade my Xperia S and keep the design, although I find the Z versions (specially the Z and Z2 versions) beautiful, I think it's time to an upgrade in terms of design.I'd like to see some integration with the NXT and Omnibalance design, a little bit more worked then the SP. As far as the old models go, its the X10 that draw my attention to Sony, and I still find it beautiful, regardless the huge bezels. I had the Xperia Arc too, and everytime I looked to it, it remembered me of Elvis since the top bezel was so huge.

And there was no "save preferences" at the bottom of the preferences settings page :C

Edit: nervemind, I was going to the wrong page finally got it, thanks!
[ This Message was edited by: rickrz on 2014-07-12 20:45 ]
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-07-13 03:30
I'm going to plant my flag firmly in the came who believes that device is not the Z3, but some regional variant of the Z2, or something like that.

I know I'm likely setting myself up for disappointment (well not really since I wasn't planning to get the Z3 anyways), but I suppose I was just hopeful that Sony would continue the trend of following up on feedback from consumers and do something more special than what we're seeing. While I don't personally mind larger bezels, it's one of the major gripes people have with the Z series of phones so far. Not to mention unless the phone has a great oleophobic coating, it'll be a fingerprint magnet again.

At least with the more rounded design it'll feel better in the hand. I would just hope that there'd be something MORE to the Z3 than what we've learned so far. Built-in wireless charging would be a great start to justifying the phones existance. Maybe larger internal storage capacities finally? Don't really see any sign of an IR blaster, so that's out - at least on the pictured device.

So anyone else going to join me in the NotZ3! Camp?
[ This Message was edited by: vivftp on 2014-07-13 02:40 ]
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-07-13 04:13
@vivftp

Your theory sound good, but why would they change it at that point to be just a regional variant of the Z2? You could say Verizon, but I think there would be a big ass Verizon logo on it. Plus, we already have seen images of the possible Z2 Verizon, which is basically the same, except for the logo.

Also, the actual regional variants we have out there are the Japanese ones (they kinda don't count), Chinese (slight port location moved, plus plastic borders) and Brazillian (Digital TV (1 seg) is basically the only difference). I mean, the images we have seen show a MUCH bigger change compared to those. Why waste precious resources on that? I want a resonable explanation from Sony if that comes up as regional variant.

Again, I think it is the best theory, and the one I want to belive, because it is the least worst. Anyway, I'm not even sure why I'm complaining like that. My next phone will be an OnePlus One, and that won't change for around another 2 years, give or take. Tablet? My Tablet Z will have to stay good for another 1.5 years, at least. Maybe I just want Sony to succeed?

Anyway, let's talk about Software: Do you think Sony will apply their whole idea of what's the best over Android L or they will step back and do smaller UI modifications, and focus on added functionality, better performance and battery life?
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
funkadopest
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2014-07-13 05:22

On 2014-07-12 21:28:39, maiaramdan wrote:
....but there was a real new design language make the phone appear as if it's one glass block....

something like this?

Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2014-07-13 19:25
That kind of design is years away. It's like with car concepts, MB, BMW etc show you a concept at a show, and you love it, but then you see the production model and it's the same old shit that looks nothing like the original idea
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 270271272 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic