Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014

Previous  123 ... 262728 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
Zuckabaecka
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-11-08 09:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I hope the Z1 camera app is part of the 4.3 Update for the XZ.
rency0722
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-11-08 10:21

On 2013-11-08 09:56:55, Zuckabaecka wrote:
I hope the Z1 camera app is part of the 4.3 Update for the XZ.

This might not happen since, ever since Z1 was unveiled, they've already told that the camera apk is exclusive to Sony Z1.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-08 13:01
Wonder if the next Xperia will have OIS. They already have an awesome sensor (I kinda want it to have a slightly lower resolution for greater pixel pitch, but I'm no expert), so OIS would just make the whole package better. It would also mean no compromise in FoV for Video stabilisation.

I mean if the Nexus 5, at $350 can have OIS, then...Why can't the latest Sony flagship?
rency0722
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-11-08 16:17
OIS may be on the road to Sony, maybe they're just preparing for the next level of awesomeness after Z1. I think it is not good to release the next flagship with the same camera as for Z1 just added with OIS.
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-08 18:52
I dont know a lot about camera but I read it on XDA that OIS isnt magic, the OIS in N5 doesn't compare to the digital stabilizing in the Z1 at all. I'll see if I can find the post again.
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2013-11-09 21:17
What Do you mean? Have the N5 here.
like.no.other
my ninja
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2013-11-10 10:11

On 2013-11-03 13:26:13, Xajel wrote:
@amirprog, very low chance... while almost all SoC are working on 64bit, only Samsung will have it first... and Sony doesn't use Samsung SoC..

Sony uses Qualcomm and MediaTek now... Both are working already on 64bit chips, but my guess is that MediaTek might be the first as they just use the same ARM designs which is already ready and used ( Apple is already using a modified ARM design )...

For High-ends, only Qualcomm is where you need to look.. and I can't see any info on having a 1H14 release of any 64bit SoC from Qualcomm... they will have an improved Krait platform nothing more ( from the CPU side, GPU side will go higher to 400 series ), But I don't know anything about 2H14 for Qualcomm...

When Apple announced their A7 64bit SoC as the first 64bit mobile SoC, a Qualcomm guy said it's just a gimmick and useless... but after that another respond was better as you can read between the word that Qualcomm are already working on 64bit for a future products... but that should be another arch. than Krait...

For me, 64bit SoC is just something good if you need to keep your phone for 2+ years... and believe me Apple moved to 64bit not because they need now, but because they're preparing them selfs and the developers for a future product where they will need to go higher and higher ( in RAM and performance )... they want the transition be very easy and seamless...

For Android, moving to 64bit now is for high-end devices only where some devices are targeting 3GB+ of RAM and this is because of the nature of multitasking in Android ( that's why Android needs more RAM than iOS ).. so for 2014 we actually might start needing 64bit...

Apple need it now to make the transition in the future seamless and easy for developers and gurantee the compatibility on older devices in the future. imagine iPhone 7 you might have some apps that are 64bit only, then 64bit apps only will be able to work on iPhone 5S also...

Android needs it in 2014 because we need 4GB+ in high-end phones and tablets, I guess Android will have a native side by side apps feature like Samsung phones in a future update, maybe even Android 5.0 where the UI should have a major change ( the jump in the version number between 2 to 3 to 4 always faced a major UI and API change that forced a lot of apps to be rewritten for the new UI/API, and this is will happen again with Android 5.0 jumping from Android 4.x )

And currently the multitasking nature of Android is flying and needs more RAM, how about later when it have native side by side loading of apps ? but I hope manufacturers know this and ready everything to make the transition easy and fast... We don't want our latest 2013 flagships be incompatible with Android 5.0 because they have only 2GB of RAM !! or because they're 32bit SoC...

Qualcomm has NOTHING ready (64bit wise) for 1H14 sorry. the S800 is an between the A9 and A15 its not even an A15, so like i said its a half gen behind. let alone A57/53 that samsung is jumping to (more precisely ARMv8 instruction set) and Q has nothing but market share holding them up.. which in tech is not enough.. plus their node is several generations behind 28nm. in terms of CPUs the s800 is widespread but archaic in terms of currently available tech exynos5 (5420 specifically). they have also been on record denouncing 64bit (the man making those statements has since been reassigned) however the way they announced their chipsets at the end of 12, they havent for 14 in the same way. i dont expect them to have a 14nm node ready the way samsung is skipping a whole node to catch up to apples ideas.. exynos has always been ahead of snapdragon, same with omap(rip).. if it wasnt for the perception from the first 1ghz soc, theyd be as popular as nvidia.. as for scale they have everyone beat and can supply the entire market which is impressive, but that can change quickly, their true anchor is their radio integration less the performance. their GPU choice is also a step behind.

android needs more ram than iOS because of the middle layer of the ecosystem (java/davlik runtime) it creates a HUGE performance hit, where if google JUST used their own release of linux that would alleviate a lot of the 'lag' and short comings of android.

4.4 introduced ART to replace Davlik, so that should be impressive as its the first implementation so in a few iterations it should become the default and have substantial gains, right now they are about the same.. but they still need to get out of the java business and just run a branch of linux, if they did that, android would explode performance wise.. but as of now, android is beholden to its roots.. Id love to see Android 6 like its own version of ubuntu, redhat, or centos.. something without that nagging layer hogging resources.

android needs to update from kernel 3.4.. ffs upstream is at 3.10.. its time.
[ This Message was edited by: my ninja on 2013-11-10 09:19 ]
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-11-10 15:15
so 2H 2014 device should bring more substantial changes then the 1H device. 64 bit processor, wrgb oled display, wireless charging...
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2013-11-10 14:19 ]
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-10 21:19
with all the competitors stepping up the game, we'll see how Qualcomm stand up against that. their are successful simply because they were the first one to do it and did it correctly
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-11-10 22:17

On 2013-11-10 10:11:10, my ninja wrote:

On 2013-11-03 13:26:13, Xajel wrote:
@amirprog, very low chance... while almost all SoC are working on 64bit, only Samsung will have it first... and Sony doesn't use Samsung SoC..

Sony uses Qualcomm and MediaTek now... Both are working already on 64bit chips, but my guess is that MediaTek might be the first as they just use the same ARM designs which is already ready and used ( Apple is already using a modified ARM design )...

For High-ends, only Qualcomm is where you need to look.. and I can't see any info on having a 1H14 release of any 64bit SoC from Qualcomm... they will have an improved Krait platform nothing more ( from the CPU side, GPU side will go higher to 400 series ), But I don't know anything about 2H14 for Qualcomm...

When Apple announced their A7 64bit SoC as the first 64bit mobile SoC, a Qualcomm guy said it's just a gimmick and useless... but after that another respond was better as you can read between the word that Qualcomm are already working on 64bit for a future products... but that should be another arch. than Krait...

For me, 64bit SoC is just something good if you need to keep your phone for 2+ years... and believe me Apple moved to 64bit not because they need now, but because they're preparing them selfs and the developers for a future product where they will need to go higher and higher ( in RAM and performance )... they want the transition be very easy and seamless...

For Android, moving to 64bit now is for high-end devices only where some devices are targeting 3GB+ of RAM and this is because of the nature of multitasking in Android ( that's why Android needs more RAM than iOS ).. so for 2014 we actually might start needing 64bit...

Apple need it now to make the transition in the future seamless and easy for developers and gurantee the compatibility on older devices in the future. imagine iPhone 7 you might have some apps that are 64bit only, then 64bit apps only will be able to work on iPhone 5S also...

Android needs it in 2014 because we need 4GB+ in high-end phones and tablets, I guess Android will have a native side by side apps feature like Samsung phones in a future update, maybe even Android 5.0 where the UI should have a major change ( the jump in the version number between 2 to 3 to 4 always faced a major UI and API change that forced a lot of apps to be rewritten for the new UI/API, and this is will happen again with Android 5.0 jumping from Android 4.x )

And currently the multitasking nature of Android is flying and needs more RAM, how about later when it have native side by side loading of apps ? but I hope manufacturers know this and ready everything to make the transition easy and fast... We don't want our latest 2013 flagships be incompatible with Android 5.0 because they have only 2GB of RAM !! or because they're 32bit SoC...

Qualcomm has NOTHING ready (64bit wise) for 1H14 sorry. the S800 is an between the A9 and A15 its not even an A15, so like i said its a half gen behind. let alone A57/53 that samsung is jumping to (more precisely ARMv8 instruction set) and Q has nothing but market share holding them up.. which in tech is not enough.. plus their node is several generations behind 28nm. in terms of CPUs the s800 is widespread but archaic in terms of currently available tech exynos5 (5420 specifically). they have also been on record denouncing 64bit (the man making those statements has since been reassigned) however the way they announced their chipsets at the end of 12, they havent for 14 in the same way. i dont expect them to have a 14nm node ready the way samsung is skipping a whole node to catch up to apples ideas.. exynos has always been ahead of snapdragon, same with omap(rip).. if it wasnt for the perception from the first 1ghz soc, theyd be as popular as nvidia.. as for scale they have everyone beat and can supply the entire market which is impressive, but that can change quickly, their true anchor is their radio integration less the performance. their GPU choice is also a step behind.

android needs more ram than iOS because of the middle layer of the ecosystem (java/davlik runtime) it creates a HUGE performance hit, where if google JUST used their own release of linux that would alleviate a lot of the 'lag' and short comings of android.

4.4 introduced ART to replace Davlik, so that should be impressive as its the first implementation so in a few iterations it should become the default and have substantial gains, right now they are about the same.. but they still need to get out of the java business and just run a branch of linux, if they did that, android would explode performance wise.. but as of now, android is beholden to its roots.. Id love to see Android 6 like its own version of ubuntu, redhat, or centos.. something without that nagging layer hogging resources.

android needs to update from kernel 3.4.. ffs upstream is at 3.10.. its time.
[ This Message was edited by: my ninja on 2013-11-10 09:19 ]

Someone who finally gets it all. +1 to you.

Cheers!
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
karim128
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-10 23:52
I'm sorry but what you wrote is just pure gibberish.
the S800 is an between the A9 and A15 its not even an A15, so like i said its a half gen behind.

Qualcomm make his own custom cores whereas A15 is designed by ARM, so how can the S800 be an A15? It's like saying an Radeon R9-290X is not even a GeForce 780. And how can it be half a gen behind when it is as powerful but uses much, much less energy? Why are Tegra 4, based on A15, used in much less devices than S800 and S600?

Q has nothing but market share holding them up.. if it wasnt for the perception from the first 1ghz soc, theyd be as popular as nvidia..

If you have seen how Tegra market share been divided by 4 this year, you wouldn't have said that... Perception and marketshare doesn't last and doesn't explain success.

plus their node is several generations behind 28nm.

They have been the very first with 28nm on mobile, ever since the S4 which was in Sony Xperia T.

i dont expect them to have a 14nm node ready the way samsung is skipping a whole node to catch up to apples ideas..

You do know that Samsung manufactures Apple's SoC's, right? How can they be catching up to Apple with a process node? They are catching up with Intel. Besides, going to smaller nodes is hardly an idea, it's a vague as saying let's make better chips.

they have also been on record denouncing 64bit (the man making those statements has since been reassigned)

The fact that he's been resigned prove that he was the only one at Qualcomm thinking that.

their GPU choice is also a step behind. in terms of CPUs the s800 is widespread but archaic in terms of currently available tech exynos5 (5420 specifically).

They're on par with Apple and better than everyone else. Exynos 5 only compares with S600, but is way behind S800.
[ This Message was edited by: karim128 on 2013-11-10 22:54 ]
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-11-11 00:01
How about if we get back to rumours of Xperia phone's.
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2013-11-11 02:00
Possible new Xperia for 2014 or just an old Z1 frame?

http://sonyviet.vn/2013/11/lo[....]ria-hoan-toan-moi-xperia-2014/

Translation:
http://translate.google.com/t[....]oan-moi-xperia-2014%2F&act=url
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-11-11 02:14
^

I'm guessing might be the rumored Z1s which the smaller version of Z1 (although it seems quite large), or might be a Z1 refresh because it looks very similar indeed.

I think the 2014 flagship might be a different design, just like Sony making design changes every year. Hoping any insiders here please shed some light, no more leakage policy seems to be in deep effect
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-11-11 01:16 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-11-11 05:24
Hmm, interesting that they're gonig for a smaller overall appearance on the speakers on the bottom of that unit. Plus what's that on the top of the unit along with the headphone hole? Possible IR blaster?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 262728 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic