Previous  123 ... 233234235 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-06-02 19:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2014-06-02 18:16:02, AbhiD999 wrote:
That's not a tablet/mini tablet for sure as some people are assuming here!
Why would a tab have a cam key ? It's not only illogical but something that has never happened and most probably wud not happen in future either.
I just hope it's smaller than current ultra and more of flagship phablet competitor rather than some unbaked niche device.

I agree, also the timing lines up with the previous ultra.
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-06-02 19:15
If I remember correctly the Z Ultra teaser showed it from the side and also having a camera key, well guess what? ^_^
They can intentionally add/remove some stuff, no legal obligation for the revealed device to be the EXACT same as in the teaser.
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-06-02 20:13
Here we go!
So ultimately Z3 will be a HUGE disappointment in terms of specs!
I just hope Sony names it Z2s or something like that. It just doesn't deserve Z3 moniker
jonfensu
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2014-06-02 20:38
@Milu Z3C ..... Wo, wo Stop it you!
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2014-06-02 20:38

On 2014-06-02 18:54:58, milukugiuniu wrote:
Ive just learned some latest info about Z3 and Z3C. So I got up in this midnight and posted for your guys without any delay:

1 Z3 will be similar to Z2 in terms of HW spec. The differences will be design, bazel and thickness. The carema will get improvement more or less.
2 The surprising device for 2nd is Z3C, which will be anounced by the end of Aug. Z3C is super-beautiful device with super-high screen ratio. The front side bazel will be super-thin and the black grid between the bazel and screen will be super-thin as well. The optical component will be thinner than that of the current ones.

The white device will have white bazel. The screen is 4.6 and 720P. The bazel is plastic-made with unique surface treatment(Im not allowed to tell the details)and the feeling is awesome. It will have new designed dual-speaker. Unfortunately, the CPU remains no change.

I myself will get Z3C for sure.

If that is true my next phone will be a compact too
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-06-02 20:43
When, is the main question.

@Abhi

You can thank our good friend Qualcomm for this. They got cocky and Apple smacked them upside the face with the A7 and Cyclone.
AbhiD999
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-06-02 20:57

On 2014-06-02 20:43:48, -XYZ wrote:
When, is the main question.

@Abhi

You can thank our good friend Qualcomm for this. They got cocky and Apple smacked them upside the face with the A7 and Cyclone.

Hehe. . . True!
But still Sony had the choice of S805 and QHD(to compete with upcoming monsters). I still don't understand why they decided to stick with s801.
It's like going back to SE Xperia days. Always behind the competition.
The only way they can save their face now is to name it some Z2 'x' version.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-06-02 22:37
Why it hard to understand, Android newly design Kitkat is taking less hardware resources, mobile cpu is now overpower as well as heat issue remain severe problem. Sony can save a chunky cost of development and maintenance software suite if they really decided to skip SD805.

SD805 is very last generation of 28 nanometers chipset and will not included baseband chip within a silicon, which will need to re-design pcb board to fit it in (of course, extra cost and man-power)

Only small buyer in market that response to greater hardware which now totally overkill with QHD thing, it take more to adjust new graphic icons and layout to fit with resolution as well as wallpapers, you may see it as small thing but these are true hidden cost that need to pay for whole software development.

Buyer tend to focus on overall experiences and features that manufacturers brought into the table not overkill hardware race anymore, this is 2014 not 2012!!
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-06-03 01:02
People often forget about thermal constraints. We're dealing with tiny, thin black (or other coloured) boxes, which don't have any ventilation and no heatsink.

A SoC without an integrated baseband for LTE is gonna drain more power and heat up more. Simple stuff.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-06-03 02:55
Just my thoughts for the current (on and off) topics.

Z3 specs were always going to be an incremental increase and therefore a 'disappointment'. When releasing an updated flagship every 6 months it's not easy to be fresh every single time and I refer yet again to history in that every major flagship is followed by an incremental 6 moth update.

The problem Sony has given themselves is that they are naming them with full model numbers (Z1, Z2, Z3 etc) instead of a more obvious incremental numbering (Iphone 4, 4S, 5, 5S). This causes confusion but they can only blame themselves for it after using every letter available in incomprehensible prefixes and suffixes in their earlier android models.

I have faith that Qualcomm have not been sitting on their laurels and getting arrogant or complacent. I'm certain they will have simply diverted resources to the next big thing and the last in the line of the old development is suffering slightly because of it.

I fully expect them to have a mind blowing new chip under close guard ready to market within 18 months. It makes no sense for them to have simply stood still when they've built up loads of money the last few years and just as competitors like Intel are trying to push them.

Anyone with any business sense would push their R&D harder for the next earth shattering chip technology, even if it means sacrificing some of their older roadmaps. The only way a company stagnates so much is if they have total domination, almost nil competition and the market has saturated for a long period of time e.g. Microsoft with Windows, stood still because they were no longer pushed, then when Google and Apple start to push into their domain they're panicking and they end up releasing half baked ill-though out products (Win and panic buying dead horses (Nokia).
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
winnerzero
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-06-03 03:08
Will z3 or z3c come in inbuilt wireless charging?... Or will it be like z2's wireless charging where u have to buy a case?... Will any xperia ever get wireless charging?...

I cant wait for the reveal of the zultra successor. Like many others, it was the lack of flash that stopped me...
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-06-03 05:41

On 2014-06-03 03:08:03, winnerzero wrote:
Will z3 or z3c come in inbuilt wireless charging?... Or will it be like z2's wireless charging where u have to buy a case?... Will any xperia ever get wireless charging?...

I cant wait for the reveal of the zultra successor. Like many others, it was the lack of flash that stopped me...

Z3 most likely won't support wireless charging. Although you might use that accessory as with Z2.

The Z4 will feature wireless charging without need of external accessory.
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-06-03 05:48
Should we expect Z4 around CES 2015 or later?
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-06-03 05:52
MWC as with Z2.

It's likely to sport a 5.5 inch QHD panel.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2014-06-03 04:53 ]
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-06-03 06:02
when are S810 suppose to be available? H2 2015?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 233234235 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic