Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 198199200 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-04-10 10:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
So, can we expect a Z2 Ultra around about the end of June? Slimmer, faster and lighter?

Will there be the possibility of a led flash this time around?
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-04-10 11:56
I do not remember who talked and argued about new versions of walkman and video app, similar to the What's New style...
But well... Here it comes...
http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]A+XperiaBlog+%28Xperia+Blog%29
At least for the Video part...
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-04-10 13:04
^Got the update on my XL. Shame I can't use Video Unlimited, not available in my country.
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-04-10 13:16

On 2014-04-10 13:04:20, itsjustJOH wrote:
^Got the update on my XL. Shame I can't use Video Unlimited, not available in my country.

How does it look/feel?
I always liked the sony APPS... especially walkman, so how does this update of the video app look?
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-04-10 13:46
Looks nice, can pinch in and out now like on Albums. There's also a preview of the video you last played on top, dunno if it was there before since I don't use it often. Still can't play my .mkv videos though, not sure if its my phone or Movies, so I guess I still won't be using it. Uninstalled Video Unlimited, requires account manager from Sony which is not available in my country. Can't do anything about that.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-04-10 15:37
The apps update on my phone, but video unlimited is not available in poland sadly. But on a brighter note, playstation mobile will finally be available in Poland in late June this year, so yay.
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2014-04-10 17:17

On 2014-04-09 05:07:37, milukugiuniu wrote:

I heard that 1 WP had been canceled.
[ This Message was edited by: milukugiuniu on 2014-04-09 04:08 ]

Its happening.. its a matter of time.

On 2014-04-10 09:05:20, Wintermute wrote:

On 2014-04-09 14:47:08, Away wrote:
I strongly doubt Sony is running after sales for wp8. They are going there because Google is becoming more and more closed with Android. Manufacturers are preparing, just in case...

Not to start a big digression, but not only do I disagree that Google is "closing" Android" off, but I also contend that you've got it backwards. It's GOOGLE who is preparing, just in case--just in case manufacturers (mainly Samsung, of course) try to fork Android and cut users off from Google's ecosystem. Remember, they make their money when people use their services. Hardware manufacturers will always have some OS to use, but if Samsung were to fork Android, without plugging into Google Play Services, providing their own app store, etc., and use it on their next Galaxy S and Note phones...remember, Samsung has about 63% market share among Android manufacturers. That's a HUGE number of users who could be taken away from Google virtually overnight by Samsung.

Of course they are. The more control they have the better for them..

Google is first and foremost and advertising company. 90% + of their revenue stream comes from advertising.. take a look

http://cms.searchenginewatch.[....]google-earnings-wordstream.png

That's why a lot of their services are "free" .. they subside most of their software development with money generated from advertising. Its a very elegant model.

All android is really is a ad distributing platform using their services.

They can't let other companies have control over that.. replacing their services with other ones like Amazon (kindle) and Nokia (X,XL) have done is the last thing they want, but they also know that there are a handful of companies that have the infrastructure to even attempt such a thing.

Here:

http://arstechnica.com/inform[....]d-fork-android-its-unforkable/

http://arstechnica.com/gadget[....]source-by-any-means-necessary/

The OEMs, such as Sony, are getting the short end of the stick.. most of the money from android goes to.. yes, you guessed it.. Google. That's why Samsung are investing into Tizen ...

I am not saying that Microsoft's solution is any better. It will probably be based on the same solution since they made it free.. but there is no other way to compete with G.
[ This Message was edited by: cu015170 on 2014-04-10 16:18 ]
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-10 17:42
unfortunately, sony doesn't seem to be growing its PS OS for mobile, so sony will have to take it or die.
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-04-10 17:47
Were they even developing an OS in the first place?
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-04-10 18:36
Content is key and Sony only need to figure it out how to distribute their media & entertainment strength into Android platform, but they never made it happen due to very decentralized in upper management.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2014-04-11 04:07
I finally took Xperia T2
Arisato
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2014-04-11 04:52

On 2014-04-10 17:42:21, supercoolman wrote:
unfortunately, sony doesn't seem to be growing its PS OS for mobile, so sony will have to take it or die.

Well that's still a question! I hope they don't forget their vita OS but they're alreader late enough. Also a PS OS isn't necessarily a success unless they do EVERYTHING right. Does anybody know something on this? viveftp ?!

@ vikeviki
That phone looks nice. Enjoy it
[ This Message was edited by: Arisato on 2014-04-11 03:56 ]
Wintermute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-11 08:07

On 2014-04-10 17:17:21, cu015170 wrote:
Of course they are. The more control they have the better for them..

Google is first and foremost and advertising company. 90% + of their revenue stream comes from advertising.. take a look

http://cms.searchenginewatch.[....]google-earnings-wordstream.png

That's why a lot of their services are "free" .. they subside most of their software development with money generated from advertising. Its a very elegant model.

All android is really is a ad distributing platform using their services.

They can't let other companies have control over that.. replacing their services with other ones like Amazon (kindle) and Nokia (X,XL) have done is the last thing they want, but they also know that there are a handful of companies that have the infrastructure to even attempt such a thing.

Here:

http://arstechnica.com/inform[....]d-fork-android-its-unforkable/

http://arstechnica.com/gadget[....]source-by-any-means-necessary/

The OEMs, such as Sony, are getting the short end of the stick.. most of the money from android goes to.. yes, you guessed it.. Google. That's why Samsung are investing into Tizen ...

I am not saying that Microsoft's solution is any better. It will probably be based on the same solution since they made it free.. but there is no other way to compete with G.
[ This Message was edited by: cu015170 on 2014-04-10 16:18 ]

Yeah, I'm aware. Why you think it supports your point, I'm really not sure. For starters, Google apps such as Google Now, Gmail, Calendar, the new Google dialer, etc., all plug into Google's proprietary back-end, and this cloud-connectivity is what really gives them their power. I don't know why on earth anyone would think that Google's making these proprietary apps closed-source is in any way equivalent to "closing Android," but it does show you don't really understand the difference between Android and Google. Android is an OS. If you compile barebones AOSP, you've still got a full operating system. It might not be fancy, or full-featured by 2014 standards, but it works, and it's totally open to anyone to use, end of discussion. The cloud services, however, are Google's, not Android's. Hint: if the same apps are available on iOS, then closing that app =/= closing Android. The confusion comes from the fact that these apps are so ingrained in our day-to-day use, and are given to us by the same people who give us Android, but make no mistake: they are not the same thing, and never have been.

So no, they care nothing about "controlling Android," and this is evidenced by the fact that they DON'T control Android. This whole Google Play Services takeover is living proof of the fact that they don't control Android. What they are doing is exactly what I said above: they are securing their revenue streams against a potential "hijack" by a manufacturer who forks Android. Amazon is already doing this. They are taking Google's work (Android) and they are cutting Google totally out of the loop and plugging it into their OWN proprietary back-end. Nothing wrong with that, since Android is open, but it's not what Google wants, since they make their money via advertising. In other words, their recent actions are a defensive move designed to keep manufacturers from just piggy-backing off of Google's work. They don't want to "control" it, they just want people to continue to be able to access their services from any mobile device. I don't blame them one bit, personally.
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-04-11 09:16

On 2014-04-11 04:07:11, vikeviki wrote:
I finally took Xperia T2

Nice, how's it?
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-11 13:15
This whole "closing Of android" business is nonsense.
If you're tied into Google's services, doesn't mean Android is. Amazon have proven that all you need to displace Google's ecosystem while using Android, is an equivalently powerful ecosystem of your own.

Sony has PlayStation, some movies and some music and obviously games too. But their software is often lacklustre to the competition and fails to deliver on most accounts.

I really don't want them to put Vita OS on a phone, cause it is a seriously ugly and shitty price of software that would get destroyed on the market by much more refined, feature rich and altogether more aesthetically pleasing software.

Just continue making, Xperia devices and the margins on the hardware alone, should be more than enough. If they continue to grow smartphone sales.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 198199200 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic