http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/21/sony-xperia-z2-4k/

>
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-03-22 04:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2014-03-21 23:15:32, >>SAMEH wrote:

any dedicated sound chip? or any major improvement on the audio sector.. "Hi-Res ready" for example

Z2 already comes with High Res Audio support. No dedicated audio chips.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2014-03-22 03:38 ]
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-03-22 04:48
Wonder when they'll come out with a phone good enough to make me finally upgrade from my Z Ultra.

Sure the Z2 is tempting and all, but I want a "holy shit" phone to replace my Ultra. C'mon Sony, let's see it!
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-03-22 05:55
@random
How bout z3? Will it comes with dedicated audio chip?
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-03-22 06:19
No.

No dedicated audio chip in Any Xperia ever pretty much.
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-03-22 07:34
unless you can shrink size of cap. otherwise, dedicated audio chip is just a waste or makes phone bulky
Wintermute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-03-22 07:59
I, for one, am pleased to hear that the next Z Ultra might have an even larger display, but Randomuser, do you have reason to believe the next Ultra will get the new Z3 design? If it doesn't, I won't cry about it. Omnibalance is still the classiest smartphone design out, in my opinion, but the thought of a glass Arc design does make me drool a little bit.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-03-22 10:50
@Wintermute
i'm sure the z2 ultra it will be a great device but it will have chance to sell only as tablet. most people be it the average consumer or even tech geeks will not agree to carry 6.5" display (more or less) phablet or want to attach a bluetooth headset for calls as daily driver. this inconvenience could be solved when devices will be foldable so you could fold it to half its size like folder and put in pocket - or use it for calls when its folded.
i bet for the next flagship or in 2015 sony will go for 5.4" display for Z because all the QHD panels are 5.4" or more and the compact will get slightly bigger display, so it says it all...
all "2" devices have similar design language, even t2 ultra. this is why they are all labeled with 2...
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-03-22 11:03
High res audio support is nice but I'd also like to see a dedicated S-master amp.

I am not looking forward to a 20MP 1/2.4 sensor. The current sensor already has too many megapixels for the sensor, would have been better for a 16 or 18mp on the 1/2.3. Or perhaps making the module smaller if they could.

Clearly the only reason to go for a smaller sensor is to reduce the size of the unit, which would permit Sony to shrink the bezels even more and claim a slimmer and smaller phone.

Personally I'd sacrifice having a larger top bezel (even larger than the Z1) and reducing the bottom bezel, in order to fit a larger sensor into the body, perhaps a 1/1.8 at 18-20mp, no more. And perhaps improving the size of the overall sensor module to make it as compact as possible yet maintaining the quality. Or make the bezels smaller and add a small bump to the back of the device to fit in the larger module. I'm probably in the minority here.

4k screens in phones is not the way to go now, battery tech has no caught up yet, and it would be wiser to use a 1080p panel with great colours and viewing angles, low energy use and thin design which should/would free up space for either a larger battery or thinner design (probably the latter).

if new ultra will have a larger screen, then i'd really like to see some kind of accessory keyboard which could be used, something like the tab z2 has.

If Z3 brings nothing new to the table, then I will swap for a discounted Z2 later on in the year.
DexterMoser
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2014-03-22 13:12
^I totally agree with you!
What I really want:
Dedicated amp for speaker and headphones (or Qualcomm gets their shit right...).
Bigger sensor. Image quality > bezels!
1080p screen will maintain very good battery life.
But I guess these are childish dreams, haha...

If Z3 will just get this minor camera improvements, I can buy Z2 without any regret
Even though this would be a bit sad...
Galaxy S4 (S600)
Looking forward to the Sony Xperia Z4 (or 5)
Feynman about Beauty
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-03-22 13:38
@ascariss
all in all i agree.
@DexterMoser
http://appleinsider.com/artic[....]el-horserace-with-2014-iphones
"One final graphic from Kuo's projections show Sony will launch a 21MP 1/2.4" CIS in the last quarter of 2014. Although the pixel count is nearly triple that of Apple's current iSight camera, the introduction may hint at the direction in which the company will be pulled by component purchasers as the megapixel race continues."
i'm not sure what the last line means but according to it, no new sensor until probably Q4 2015, like randomuser said.
aside of design and s805, let's safely bet on incremental upgrades like dual LED, 32 gb internal, bigger battery, IR, etc.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2014-03-22 13:38 ]
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-03-22 14:53
I seriously question why Sony would make their already excellent sensor smaller....it's just illogical. If anything I would have expected them to make a 1/2.2 sensor.
They better have enhanced optics (without any soft spot like the Z1(c). Also optical/sensor shift image stabilisation to make up for the smaller sensor.

Better yet, I hope they dont use a smaller sensor at all.
If the so-called "arc design" requires a smaller sensor, scrap it and come up with something new!!!
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2014-03-22 13:53 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-03-22 15:03
The answer is simple. It's all about the thin race now. Sony's priority is also thinner devices, hence there is no room for bigger sensors or xenon or special DAC.

As for the lens, yes that's something Sony should look into. Corner softness is a major issue even on the Z2. I see no improvement on that front over Z1 and Z1C.

miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-03-22 15:56
i really wonder why samsung does not seem to have the random softness/blur problem
Wintermute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-03-22 17:48

On 2014-03-22 10:50:58, amirprog wrote:
@Wintermute
i'm sure the z2 ultra it will be a great device but it will have chance to sell only as tablet. most people be it the average consumer or even tech geeks will not agree to carry 6.5" display (more or less) phablet or want to attach a bluetooth headset for calls as daily driver. this inconvenience could be solved when devices will be foldable so you could fold it to half its size like folder and put in pocket - or use it for calls when its folded.
i bet for the next flagship or in 2015 sony will go for 5.4" display for Z because all the QHD panels are 5.4" or more and the compact will get slightly bigger display, so it says it all...
all "2" devices have similar design language, even t2 ultra. this is why they are all labeled with 2...

Well, with all due respect, I don't care about what the average user wants, I want my 6.7" ZU 2!! In all seriousness, though, I don't think the Ultra is meant to sell to the average person. They have the Z2 for that, and the Z1 Compact for people who want smaller phones.

Also, has it been confirmed that the next Ultra will even be the Z2 Ultra? Since it probably won't be coming out until the Z3 is almost here anyway, it seems more logical to me to make it the Z3 Ultra, and not the Z2 Ultra. That would just make it sounds outdated. They really need to get their three Z phones lined up, in my opinion. Right now, their premium lineup is the Xperia Z Ultra, the Z1 Compact, and the Z2. It LOOKS to an average person like there are generations of smartphones there, but they really all use basically the same hardware, and represent the premium tier of their respective sizes. Come IFA, they need an Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Ultra. Then hopefully they won't lag too long in putting out the Z3 Compact. Keep it all simple for their consumer who is looking to buy one of your devices.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 187188189 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic