Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 185186187 ... 414415416  Next
Author SONY XPERIA Rumors 2014
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-03-18 11:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
There are hardware requirements for double tap to wake. Not sure if Z Ultra has it.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-03-18 12:02

On 2014-03-18 10:38:01, alexander87 wrote:

Sad thing is they're missing out on including some key features from Z2 4.4.2 like TAP TO WAKE (pretty much confirmed by the person testing the FW) -_-, does someone know if for this feature, the touchscreen/digitizer has to be synaptics enabled?

P.S.: talking about ZU here, but my guess is they won't port it to Z1 too
[ This Message was edited by: alexander87 on 2014-03-18 09:39 ]

We should wait till the release of the official ChangeLog! We can never know till the official firmware get released! We still didn't saw the PCRB certification after all! even if after the latest leaks my hopes lowered a bit!
Personally I think that many features will not make it into the update for the older devices... 4K, Timeshift Video, Tap2Wake, Motion Gestures...! But I'll be happy to be wrong!
[ This Message was edited by: CrownedAkuma on 2014-03-18 11:03 ]
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-03-18 12:10

On 2014-03-18 11:58:18, Ricky D wrote:
There are hardware requirements for double tap to wake. Not sure if Z Ultra has it.

that'd be awkward, AFAIK this feature was enabled (not by sony) but by some devs on XDA working on AOKP for the Z series, and not a kernel mod, just enabled this from the source code.
this feature is really nice to have, especially on big phones and you also avoid power button wear
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-03-18 13:15
Hey guys, I downloaded a free app call Gravity Screen which turns your screen on when you pick it up, and turns it off when you put it down. Thought you might be interested.
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-03-18 13:29

On 2014-03-18 13:15:45, goldenface wrote:
Hey guys, I downloaded a free app call Gravity Screen which turns your screen on when you pick it up, and turns it off when you put it down. Thought you might be interested.

would you mind observing if it drains your battery more quickly?
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-03-18 14:11
I'll give it a test too!

thx golden
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-03-18 16:46
@golden You aren't promoting your own app, are you?
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-03-18 17:09
No, it's not mine. The link I found on GSM Arena, I think.
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-03-18 17:29
But seriously, that could kill your battery faster.
milukugiuniu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-03-19 08:48
what's this?

itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-03-19 09:13
^Miro?

smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2014-03-19 09:15
^^Miro
T610i-K700i-K750i-W700i-W810i-W560i-P1i-W910i-G900i-W595i-X10mini-Cedar-Xperia U-Xperia S-XZ Premimum
milukugiuniu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-03-19 09:28
The 4.4 update will start to be rolling out to Z1, ZU & Z1 compact next week. Followed by Z/ZL.
[ This Message was edited by: milukugiuniu on 2014-03-19 09:29 ]
Smaug
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-03-19 13:14
For those interested in news related to Xperia suppliers, Japan Display's IPO was yesterday. A rough debut unfortunately. Shares closed down 15%, making it the worst debut of an IPO in Asia Pacific since 2008. Sony sold a large portion of their shares in JDI. The Innovation Network Corporation of Japan retains about 35% ownership.

The IPO or Sony's selloff of ownership is unlikely to have any material change in terms of supply to Xperia phones. Sony takes about 9.4% of JDI sales so while they are a major customer, they are far from the biggest (Apple). It is probably safe to assume that with Xperia's new-found focus on offering outstanding displays, Sony is willing to pay for consistent quality by continuing to purchase quality JDI screens.

There's a number of interesting articles out on JDI right now. I won't post them all, but here are some relevant notes:

------

Some differences between the former rivals—such as varying areas of technical expertise—actually helped make the combined teams stronger. Sony excelled in touch screens, Toshiba in high-pixel technology and Hitachi in building images that don’t change from any viewing angle.

“It was fun to see all the tricks being revealed,” said Yoshiharu Nakajima, a former Sony engineer and senior general manager of the R&D division. Once they grasped each other’s secrets, they tried to install all the best technologies in the display.

One tricky part was installing Sony’s in-cell technology, which integrated touch sensors into the liquid crystal display to make the whole device thinner. That technology was later installed in Apple Inc.’s iPhone 5.

While the company’s first two years have been about how best to unite the three companies’ technology, the next phase for the engineers is creating completely new technologies so Japan Display doesn’t get stuck in price wars over commodity products.

------

Exciting times lie ahead. Here's hoping Sony continues to use the best JDI offers (and no more display lottery).
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-03-19 14:05
http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2[....]peria-z1-and-xperia-z1-compact

So The KitKat update is rolling for Xperia Z1, ZU and Z1 compact, followed by Z, Zl, ZR and Tablet Z... it seems to be lacking tons of features... We'll see this is bad anyway! at least Tap2Wake and new camera algorythm!!!

"The next Sony software rollout for Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 Compact starts right about now*…

We’ve been working to build new Sony experiences on Google’s KitKat release to create some neat / sweet features (if we say so ourselves) – in addition to a few performance tweaks here & there, some of the functionality you can look forward to includes:

Google’s Android 4.4; KitKat as standard – bringing performance & UI optimisation…

We’ve added our tweaked Status Bar and Quick Settings… now more intuitive and customisable (and pretty easy on the eye)… cleaned up to ensure you only get the notifications you really need

If you’ve got a Sony PlayStation 4, you might recognize our new user interface – we’ve added the same sleek launch animation and livewallpaper across the lock and home screens

We’re also uplifting Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, TrackID TV, Sony Select, Smart Social Camera and…

Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration* – a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, better download speeds, and more!

Our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – skin up to 280 assets across your Xperia smartphone with a variety of styles, and more to follow soon…

Next up, we’ll start rolling Android 4.4 KitKat for Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia Tablet Z – and Xperia ZR – from mid-Q2.

And… we’re also excited to tell you that we’ll make Android 4.4; KitKat available for Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia E1 and Xperia M2 – we’ll be back with more details; bespoke feature sets and timings as things progress.

*As usual, timing & availability may vary by market & carrier"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2[....]ble-boarding-pass-with-vueling

New very useful app for the SmartWatch 2... for the people who are always travelling

Launching the world’s first wearable boarding pass with Vueling

Some *more* exciting news this morning – we’re launching the world’s first wearable boarding pass with Vueling, via SmartWatch 2.

It’s the first ever (yep, ever) “boarding pass” that you can wear… panic stricken at forgetting to print your boarding card? The ungraceful fumble through security juggling bags, items and devices? This new app will make starting your journey that bit more seamless – using a 2D barcode, it puts flight information and boarding passes on your wrist.

This new app from Vueling and Sony will be one of the latest exclusive additions to SmartWatch 2’s 300+ strong application portfolio – it hits the Google Play Store from the end of this month.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last but not least.... It's PlayStation related... but who cares, I'll put it here...
Sony tonight will launch his VR Headset for the PS4... Project Morpheus... they already have support from the major Software House (Crytek, Epic, Criware, SquareEnix, EA) plus their internal software house (God Bless Them)...
http://blog.eu.playstation.co[....]+%28blog.eu.playstation.com%29
It lloks futuristic and nice (design wise better than Oculus Rift)... it has good specs and will work in tandem with the PSEye, the PSMove and Dualshock 4 to track your movement, plus all the internal sensors... I'm looking forward to it
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 185186187 ... 414415416  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic