Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple iPhone 5S Announced

Previous  123 ... 111213  Next
Author Apple iPhone 5S Announced
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 03:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Its actually better that they didn't increase the pixel count and instead they increased the sensor area and the pixel sizes. It am willing to bet that it will produce better images than any of the current android flagships.
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 04:15
Actual photos taken with the iPhone 5S

Source: Apple USA

skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 04:57
This was not an exciting event at all. Sure a nice new fingerprint scanner which I like but other than that what is there to be excited about? Most will upgrade to this not because it is a worthy successor to the 5 but because upgrading is what many do when their contracts expire or they want a new iPhone. Nothing about this make the 5s stand apart from the current crop of phones.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-11 06:24
Woah!! Those pictures look damn stunning if real and untouched!

If Xperia Z1 cannot match or best; especially with light refraction in water (would love to see Z1 do that with a pot of light beneath water and at night to really test low light).

Of the camera I'm really keen to see what the skin tone algo does with my skin, being black and not the same tone one my face. Every camera point and shoot or SLR hasn't come close
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-11 06:45
admittedly, these sample photos do look great. i'm just wondering if apple did something to make them look that way. i'm not saying photoshop or post processing. but, i dunno. take thousands of photos and pick these top few? haha.. i guess i just have no trust in apple's business tactics.

but these are indeed great quality photos

i wonder why sony didn't create their own mini gallery of samples to show off the Z1's camera..
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-11 08:18

On 2013-09-11 06:45:17, moogoo wrote:
admittedly, these sample photos do look great. i'm just wondering if apple did something to make them look that way. i'm not saying photoshop or post processing. but, i dunno. take thousands of photos and pick these top few? haha.. i guess i just have no trust in apple's business tactics.

but these are indeed great quality photos

i wonder why sony didn't create their own mini gallery of samples to show off the Z1's camera..

Hmm, the same skepticism should be applied to All the competition. What you should consider is of the sample photos of the Z1 none comes close to these quality shots, or like you said why Sony themselves didn't create an official gallery; therein lies the rub!
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 15:32
Well atleast they didn't copy Samsung with there
13MP or they'd prob be up in court over it!

4S camera is pretty good I've taken some good pics
With it interested to see if this 5S is any better saying
Those pics above are the real deal!

Is anyone purchasing this phone when it comes out?
I think it's out 20th Sept, iOS 7 is out 18th in full!
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-09-11 23:02
The problem is, there is nothing new at all. I remember using biometric security measures on old Windows PDAs about 10 years ago. Compaq made a couple of PDAs with finger print scanners. The second problem is, they will have to put this feature into every future flagship otherwise it'll be seen as a step backwards.

If this years dull iPhone update doesn't wake more Apple zombies up, nothing will. I don't think Android has any competition in Apple now. Its Googles's market, free to take now.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-12 08:20
I'm on Nexus 4 currently as of yesterday. I cannot understand how Android got so damn popular on pricing alone - I've only downloaded a handful of apps, and judging by the nature of y banking app it seems a LOT on Android are web snippets that consistently loads data just to change a screen (my sign in screen should be instant, secure the connection in the background but the sign on screen is hardened by the bank and the same for any clients in this language and region so why the need to connect and download any data from the internet before Im shown the sign on screen?(app: TDBank)

Also, battery doesn't last nearly as close as my former phone the Z10 and it cannot dream to test iPhone's.

At the end of the day its about how quickly, how long, and how well the features in your smartphone is when you're using it: its the final measurement called an experience and is only perceptible after a full week or month.

Nexus 4:
Where is my built in dictionary?
(Note Apple now makes you download in iOS 6, prior it was preinstalled)
Sign in with your Google ID, witness pictures and other data get restored if accepted. Goto Gallery on this phone and try to delete these photos, go ahead I'm waiting, still waiting to see if you can ... Waiting ... You CAN'T! you have to launch and wait for these pics to goto Google+ via the built in app (a manual action BTW) before you can delete them; unbelievable!!! )
Just two simple examples of what I think Apple is talking about "an experience" with the iPhone. At the end of MY day in IT I don't want to troubleshoot ANY computing device , none!

So I may just sheep on the grey market kijiji if I cannot get used to or enjoy my Nexus 4.
PS: so many ppl complain you cannot drag and drop music onto iPhone without iTunes. Well I cannot either out of the box for Nexus4 WTF?? I have to download some app due to MTP or some jazz?!
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-12 08:45
This IS the Cook Apple. He's decided to be boring and stick to the Jobs strategy. Well, that strategy has been out of date since about 2 years.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2013-09-12 12:09
Lol supa fly. Maybe you should just stick to something you
Like, my other half is bored shitless of android

Etaab I think I might just get the 5S cos its gold lol
There that's what u wanted us to say right
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-09-12 23:48
Like ive always said, I like iPhones, they're actually brilliant devices.

I don't like iOS7 though. I don't like the new flat icons, the horrible battery meter and the dots in the upper right corner wasting space.

Bring back skeumorphism I say.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-13 00:55
Apple have upped the battery to a massive 1,570mAh
Phone?? What phone??
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2013-09-13 06:30
I am bored with Android. I tried to give it the chance but it just isn't for me. I am now trying to decide which OS is going to be my number two after BB10.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
daviep
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-13 15:10
tariffs for the 5c seem pretty steep,what are they going to like for the 5s

Link text...
[ This Message was edited by: daviep on 2013-09-13 14:11 ]
galaxy note8
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 111213  Next
Goto page: