Previous  123 ... 363364365 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-05-07 06:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@moogoo and @XperiaJunkie

When using the smartband, ie connected to the phone, can you use another bluetooth device like bluetooth headphones? Or can only one be used at a time?
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-07 08:41
@ascariss yeah you can have upto three things connected at anyone time for example Smartband, Smartwatch and a Bluetooth device like headphones or loudspeaker.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-05-07 16:37
Excellent, that is good news, I am still on the fence if I should order it, no idea if it will be that useful, can't seem to find any good or any reviews of it online.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-07 21:32
i don't know if it's really something you get for usefulness or just a novelty for fun. i think it's more of a novelty than anything. the sensors in it are not accurate enough to detect everything with any real precision. it still tells me information that just isn't accurate in the lifelog app and that's disappointing. I do, however, like the smart wake up feature. Maybe it's just gotten lucky, but I do wake up with the vibration and i seem to be sort of awake already.. hmm..

as far as using it to control music and stuff, I haven't really tried it but I'm sure it works ok as long as the band stays connected. Again, that is my biggest peeve and I hope it's something that can be fixed with an update.. either to the band or to my Z1.

i wear it all the time though and i barely notice it.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-05-09 14:57
For a long time I've been holding off updating to 4.4.2 on my Z1, now I finally did it.... I feel like an idiot for doing it. Did not realize that with 4.4.2, Google removed the ability to write to external sd card for third party app..... This is a feature I use extensively. Sony also split the quick setting and notification into two different pane, that's really annoying as I always need to turn things on and off quite frequently. All and all, not satisfy with this update.
Lightspeed_x
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-05-09 16:52
@MNX1024: Try swiping down the notification menu with two fingers, to go directly to the widget/settings section.

I know, its still not the same, but at least it gets closer.

I think that the SD Card issue should be user-selectable by app, that way, I still could use Astro to manage my files instead of File Comander or something like that.
Xperia Z2 4.4.2 Kitkat
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-05-09 17:12
@Lightspeed_x I know about the two finger, but it's pretty annoying, especially during one hand usage. I use ES File Manager because I actively deal with compressed files, no such option to enable write access and asked the developer, they're trying to find a work around at the moment. I also torrent on a regular basis too, which my files goes to my microSD card all the time...... This is just straight up frustrating. Probably flash back to the previous firmware once I have the time.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-09 17:27
You can at least move all the media to SD in memory settings.
a w a r e
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-09 18:55
i kind of wish i was still on jb too. there are a lot of features of kitkat that I like, but there are many that i dislike. and this firmware doesn't seem all that stable. i'm not sure if it's my provider or not, but my signal isn't as strong as before. often times I will lose all signal completely. i also, do not get 4G where I used to and only get H, not even H+. it's frustrating cause things just don't load as quickly anymore.

I hope the bug fix update coming down the pipeline will resolve these issues. the SD card thing is a pain, but hasn't been a real big issue for me yet.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-05-09 22:23
I hope that Sony would allow third party apps write access to external sdcard for their new update. Aside from that, they should also merge the notification and quick setting back into one pane. If they at least do those two, it would make me real happy.

Though the external sdcard issue is really giving me trouble because I literally use my phone like a computer. Do too much things that would require write access to the external card. Using file commander to rearrange things is alright, but other stuff like torrenting and decompressing files are way too much of a pain. I have to download/decompress in the internal memory, then use file commander to move it to my microSD. Heck, using a video file as an example. When I'm done watching my video I can't use my video player, in this case MXPlayer, to delete the file right away. Or, when downloading anything exceeding my internal memory's available capacity would be impossible now........ These are just some of the issue I'm experiencing.

Sorry for the rant, this really got on my nerves. Though it is partly my fault that I didn't check what the update entails....
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-11 01:58

On 2014-05-09 22:23:38, MNX1024 wrote:
I hope that Sony would allow third party apps write access to external sdcard for their new update. Aside from that, they should also merge the notification and quick setting back into one pane. If they at least do those two, it would make me real happy.

It's Googles fault not Sonys as Google made the change to SD card access as part of Kitkat.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2014-05-11 06:22
Guys, go update the Walkman software. I found that after updating the Walkman, the camera application does not seem to hang or crash. It's good news!

Update. The sensor still overheats. Use sparingly!
[ This Message was edited by: tai020381 on 2014-05-11 06:21 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-05-20 21:58
so it's been awhile now since i've updated to kitkat and i did a clean install. but as i add more apps and use it day to day like i have before, my Z1 seems to be slower and slower. responsiveness is not as snappy when going to the app picker and back. going home from at app causes a slight lag and often times, even unlocking my phone will cause a delay where the wallpaper needs a moment to display.

is anybody else having these issues? I am considering doing another fresh install but I just hate the thought of having to reconfigure and re-add everything.

this is disappointing. I hope there's an update coming that will fix this. I wish I had stayed on 4.3.. these additional features that came with kitkat are simply not worth it.
moogoo
owlsfan_72
T68i
PM
Posted: 2014-05-20 23:03

On 2014-05-20 21:58:50, moogoo wrote:
so it's been awhile now since i've updated to kitkat and i did a clean install. but as i add more apps and use it day to day like i have before, my Z1 seems to be slower and slower. responsiveness is not as snappy when going to the app picker and back. going home from at app causes a slight lag and often times, even unlocking my phone will cause a delay where the wallpaper needs a moment to display.

is anybody else having these issues? I am considering doing another fresh install but I just hate the thought of having to reconfigure and re-add everything.

this is disappointing. I hope there's an update coming that will fix this. I wish I had stayed on 4.3.. these additional features that came with kitkat are simply not worth it.

I'm having the same issues. The phone was super smooth on 4.3, but has the same slight lag that you mention on 4.4.2
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-05-21 20:36
Camera sometimes slows down to a crawl and the same problem as before appears, takes a while before the camera opens up. Sometimes the screen resets itself and widgets and app reappear. Definitely needs fixing.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 363364365 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic