Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z1

Previous  123 ... 166167168 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-26 16:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@Moogoo Congrats on finally getting your Z1! Using ATT or T-Mobile at the moment? Also, looking forward to your camera test!

@Sponse I don't know about you, but this is what I currently have open at work and I'm currently using 10.4gb of ram.

3 Chrome browsers with 19, 26, and 19 tabs for each browser
    IE with one tab open
    Access
    Outlook
    5 Excel Spreadsheet
    Active Directory
    Notepad
    AV running in the background

Good chance you're using virtual memory hence it shows such a low RAM usage. Mine's disabled since I have 20GB of ram in my work box.
[ This Message was edited by: MNX1024 on 2013-09-26 15:58 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-26 17:05
@vikeviki - i don't have a walkman.. so sorry. i can/will review the walkman app though. but i am not an audiophile by any means and don't even own a set of hifi headphones. of course, that might change in the near future..

@sponse - to be honest, i haven't even looked at the screen yet! i am letting it charge fully before i even start doing that. plus, I am taking my time to chronicle it all in photos and possibly a video later, if i can find something to hold my XS in place. but rest assured, i will do a full analysis on the screen.

@MNX - thanks man. i am still on AT&T, though i haven't switched the SIM over yet. will do that once it's fully charged. apparently, i need to stick on the front screen protector (antishatter sheet?) kinda disappointed cause the whole point of this sheet is that sony put it on at the factory and it's seamless. if i have to put one on myself i might as well get a 3rd party one that won't show fingerprints galore.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-26 17:08
@Moogoo The antishatter sheet is already on the device. That's just an extra screen protector . I messed mine up since it's a dry application and dust got on the adhesive side. So I just tossed it out and just used the antishatter sheet that's already on it. Though the sad part is that there's 3 hair line scratch on it already.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2013-09-26 17:08
@vikeviki

I don't know why Sony did it, but if the M-series is sold here in europe, I will grab it to use with my Z1.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-26 17:12
@mnx ah ok ha. well, i will stick on the extra screen protector if it's anti-fingerprint. otherwise it's useless. but i may stick it on either way to keep the screen clean until i can get a 3rd party one..

i can't get over how pretty it is. i am on the edge of my seat.. waiting for it to fully charge before i turn it on and experience everything in all its glory!

btw, has anybody in the US been able to get the free content from xperia privilege? also, has anyone in the US gotten the updates to firmware and InfoEye?
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-26 17:16
@Moogoo Yeah, it's a beauty! Have not been this excited over a phone for a long time. The bezel actually help! Can't image it having smaller bezel, which may look nice, but probably won't function as good. The screen protector is not anti finger print. Got the update to info-eye, but no firmware update yet. And still no bonus stuff from Xperia Privilege
[ This Message was edited by: MNX1024 on 2013-09-26 16:18 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-26 17:20
Friend of mine saying he is loving his Z1 and it's the best Sony ever so far. What the Z should have been. Even showed me the front camera pics in sunlight and they were great qualify too.
Phone?? What phone??
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-26 17:21
@MNX - interesting you got the info-eye update but not the firmware one.. and thanks for the heads up on the screen protector. i will just apply it temporarily to keep the screen clean until i can decide on a 3rd party one. there are SO MANY now and they're all virtually the same! what a change in just a few years..
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-09-26 16:22 ]
moogoo
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-26 17:24
Forgot to mention that the faces I get from my coworkers when I do the following with my Z1:

Whenever I'm near a faucet and see a coworker, the following action is performed. I stare at them like I have something to say while my Z1 is in my hand. They talk to me, I ignore them while playing with my Z1 for about 1-3 seconds, then suddenly drop my phone in the sink or run it in the water.

Man, the faces and reactions I get are priceless!
sponse
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-09-26 17:25
@MNX1024

OK i shot down the virtual memory, and used just the physical ram:

i have manged to reopen all the metro apps, windows media center, VLC playin the full hd video, 30 tabs on chrome
from which 12~ were playing videos on youtube, one of them was in full hd, then i got a message from windows saying the pc is running low on ram, check it out: 3.0gb were in use, 1 gb free!

needles to say that my system is 64bit, so it uses more ram than 32bit (windows with its process was using alone almost 900mb)

so yeah, my point still stands: who needs more than 2 gb on a smartphone ?

i have also tried opening tabs on 3 chrome browsers, total of 66 tabs, without loading web pages, and i had just 2gb in use...

but you are right, turning off the virtual memory, have made the computer snappier, but also, i have noticed increased ram usage, so i have tried rendering some thing in photoshop, while using chrome, and yeah it got the point when it was using 3.5gb of ram.

so yes if you want to do some really heavy stuff on the pc, however on the phone, i can't see how we can even make a use of 2gb... let alone 3..
[ This Message was edited by: sponse on 2013-09-26 16:34 ]
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-26 17:45

On 2013-09-26 17:25:59, sponse wrote:
@MNX1024

i have manged to reopen all the metro apps, windows media center, VLC playin the full hd video, 30 tabs on chrome
from which 12~ were playing videos on youtube, one of them was in full hd, then i got a message from windows saying the pc is running low on ram, check it out: 3.0gb were in use, 1 gb free!

needles to say that my system is 64bit, so it uses more ram than 32bit (windows with its process was using alone almost 900mb)

i have also tried opening tabs on 3 chrome browsers, total of 66 tabs, without loading web pages, and i had just 2gb in use...

but you are right, turning off the virtual memory, have made the computer snappier, but also, i have noticed increased ram usage, so i have tried rendering some thing in photoshop, while using chrome, and yeah it got the point when it was using 3.5gb of ram.

so yes if you want to do some really heavy stuff on the pc, however on the phone, i can't see how we can even make a use of 2gb... let alone 3..

it's for apps and heavy gamers. apps/games are closed/exit/shutdown if you don't have enough ram and you decided to pick up calls/texts/browse on Android phone. not sure about iPhone. maybe ios7 is very memory hungry and gave them trouble for not having enough ram?
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-26 17:52

On 2013-09-26 17:24:45, MNX1024 wrote:
Forgot to mention that the faces I get from my coworkers when I do the following with my Z1:

Whenever I'm near a faucet and see a coworker, the following action is performed. I stare at them like I have something to say while my Z1 is in my hand. They talk to me, I ignore them while playing with my Z1 for about 1-3 seconds, then suddenly drop my phone in the sink or run it in the water.

Man, the faces and reactions I get are priceless!

that's the evilest thing i've ever heard of.. i like it.
moogoo
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-26 18:05

On 2013-09-26 17:25:59, sponse wrote:
@MNX1024

Browser, easy multitasking, screen with the resolution bigger than the PC, videos, games, UI etc.

My Z still occassionally reflows the homescreen....

Yes you need this 2GB. 1 GB is too little today.
a w a r e
sponse
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-09-26 18:23
as i said, 2gb is great, BUT THERE IS NO NEED TO 3GB.
let me explain, on your mobile, if you really use your 3gb of ram, fully, multitasking games and another apps running in the background, the battery will die on you in a matter of 2 to 3 hours max!! so that will defeat the purpose of being a MOBILE phone... no ?
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-26 18:30

On 2013-09-26 18:23:33, sponse wrote:
as i said, 2gb is great, BUT THERE IS NO NEED TO 3GB.
let me explain, on your mobile, if you really use your 3gb of ram, fully, multitasking games and another apps running in the background, the battery will die on you in a matter of 2 to 3 hours max!! so that will defeat the purpose of being a MOBILE phone... no ?

But who says I need it all the time?
a w a r e
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 166167168 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic