Previous  123 ... 154155156 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 02:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-09-25 00:17:12, moogoo wrote:
@monkeypantz - give it some time. as someone who has had many sony phones, and have followed them throughout the years, they tend to improve the camera a lot through updates. it will get better and better. you'll see

My BT get used a lot when I'm out because every time I take a shot of someone and show them the result they want the picture because it's so good

as for the RHS Blur - I don't see it guys, the focal point of the shot is in the center and as you go out to the sides and distance changes you are always going to get a little blur, we don't notice it in close-up shots as the subject matter is normally big and right in the center of the image - this is a phone guys not a DSLR - lets get a little perspective here, don't forget the QX100 is almost the same price as the Z1
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-25 02:43
^what you're referring to is bokeh, but that only effects things in front of and behind the focal point. the blur we're talking about on the right side is applying to objects at the same distance as the focal point. bokeh effect is not about center of the frame vs. right or left side. it's about distance from the focal point to the lense.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
monkeypantz
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 02:48
@moogoo Fedex called me asking me to fill in the paper. I was given a direct number to work with a representetive on the paper. She asked me if i was able to fill in the form or if they should contact handtec. I was told that contacting the seller would result in a delay. I am not sure why it was delayed after all as customs cleared rather quickly.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-25 02:51
@monkeypantz - oh i see. well i guess i will be getting a call tomorrow morning if i get a call at all. it's supposed to arrive at 10:30am and i'm assuming it will arrive in the country in a few hours..

hopefully there is no delay for me!

you should call fedex and ask what's going on.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
monkeypantz
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 03:01
I just called in and it was a standard answer international packages go through customs etc. etc. Why would they offer 1day int. shipping if they know they cant handle it ?.

Anyway , from what he told me there are no taxes / duties due whatsoever. So thats GOOD news. I ordered a second phone for my partner from Clove.co.uk which was shipped by DHL, it seems to have cleared customs with no problems and no FCC documents reuqired.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-25 03:03
^cool. i'll let you know if i have any FCC doc requirements. also good to know there are no duties or fees

my CC converted the cost to $789 USD after shipping. quite a chunk of change. but for something i use everyday for almost everything.. it'll be worth it. especially since i plan on keeping it for at least 3 years minimum.
moogoo
monkeypantz
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 03:06
Yeah I will be selling my iphone 5 which will bring me 350-400, plus selling the smartwatch about 100 adds up to nearly 500, the phone being 770 for me, thats not too bad
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 03:57
Okay guys, here are the test shots. Test consist of 4 shot of the same scene from Superior Auto, Manual, Camera MX, and Cymera. The later two are high ranking free camera app I found on "Play Store".

Here's the link to my flickr set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14364501@N04/sets/72157635863785593/

From what I can tell, this is most likely a software issue. The blur on the right side doesn't really appear in all shots. I do noticed that it does come up on shots with bright lights. Usually within the spot of the bright light or very near the light source. Do let me know what do you guys think.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-25 04:23
unfortunately.. it seems like it's there in every shot i've looked at, but in varying degrees. sometimes it's worse, sometimes not so bad. but it's definitely there. but the fact that it's not consistently the same "smudge" would lead me to believe that it's software and not hardware, which would be more consistent.

EDIT: nevermind.. i looked it up and it seems like android API lets you access the native jpeg engine on the device.. didn't look TOO deeply into it, so if someone knows different, please correct me.
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-09-25 03:47 ]
moogoo
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 04:47

On 2013-09-25 02:36:52, Geoffxx wrote:

On 2013-09-25 00:17:12, moogoo wrote:
@monkeypantz - give it some time. as someone who has had many sony phones, and have followed them throughout the years, they tend to improve the camera a lot through updates. it will get better and better. you'll see

My BT get used a lot when I'm out because every time I take a shot of someone and show them the result they want the picture because it's so good

as for the RHS Blur - I don't see it guys, the focal point of the shot is in the center and as you go out to the sides and distance changes you are always going to get a little blur, we don't notice it in close-up shots as the subject matter is normally big and right in the center of the image - this is a phone guys not a DSLR - lets get a little perspective here, don't forget the QX100 is almost the same price as the Z1

also some little perspective...

the 13 MP gs4 and note 3 without fancily-named lenses seem to take sharper photos based on the many samples i've seen. sony shouldn't have released it if it's not ready. can't anyone from their company see the flaws? don't they look at competitors' products? if they don't try to compare what they're offering against what others are offering, they don't have any right claiming the things they were claiming. they shouldn't have done that "independent" photo comparison.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-25 04:52
I doubt the independent photo comparison was done at 100% resolution with everyday people staring at pixels. Scaled down to normal "sharing" size, the pictures look pretty good. they have good color and exposure, decent white balance, and metering. it's just that all of us here are pulling up 100% images and staring at individual pixels to compare. obviously, the everyday user doesn't do that.

I absolutely CANNOT wait to get my hands on my Z1. I love all the samples but I have a problem where I simply don't trust anything until I've seen it/experienced it first hand. I'll be taking extensive photos and attempting to figure out this right side blur thing and determine once and for all if it is SW or HW.

Keep a look out for my flickr link later this week..
moogoo
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 05:25

On 2013-09-25 03:57:53, MNX1024 wrote:
Okay guys, here are the test shots. Test consist of 4 shot of the same scene from Superior Auto, Manual, Camera MX, and Cymera. The later two are high ranking free camera app I found on "Play Store".

Here's the link to my flickr set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14364501@N04/sets/72157635863785593/

From what I can tell, this is most likely a software issue. The blur on the right side doesn't really appear in all shots. I do noticed that it does come up on shots with bright lights. Usually within the spot of the bright light or very near the light source. Do let me know what do you guys think.

guys I believe that the area round a camera lens should always be none reflective matt black - have Sony designers made an error putting that shiny chrome ring round the lens, is it possible that under certain conditions bright light from the anywhere in front of the lens is causing a flare effect across the glass reflected off the ring - might be worth noting the position of the sun etc when taking these shots, it could explain why only certain ones are affected.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-25 05:48
^nah.. my XS has silver around the lens area and it doesn't have these problems.
moogoo
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 05:59
As far as I could remember, the n8 also had this issue having random blur spots due to the light reflecting on the chrome ring directly to the lens.

Anyway, I believe any other flaws are through software. XperiaJunkie's shots proved the Z1 has the potential. Also as pointed out earlier, we are looking at 20mp shots, the 8mp shots for the most part are fine. the lowlight shots on high ISO proves the sensor's capabilities in lowlight.
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-09-25 05:00 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-25 07:22

On 2013-09-25 04:52:27, moogoo wrote:
I doubt the independent photo comparison was done at 100% resolution with everyday people staring at pixels. Scaled down to normal "sharing" size, the pictures look pretty good. they have good color and exposure, decent white balance, and metering. it's just that all of us here are pulling up 100% images and staring at individual pixels to compare. obviously, the everyday user doesn't do that.

I absolutely CANNOT wait to get my hands on my Z1. I love all the samples but I have a problem where I simply don't trust anything until I've seen it/experienced it first hand. I'll be taking extensive photos and attempting to figure out this right side blur thing and determine once and for all if it is SW or HW.

Keep a look out for my flickr link later this week..

well people are expecting great quality from a top camera manufacturer. while many may be satisfied with photos without looking into the pixel details, there are those who would appreciate details up close. after all, sony is bragging about their new camera. wouldn't it be great if you can capture a lot of details with your smartphone camera? if other companies can do it, why can't the great camera maker sony do the same? saying that others are just pixel peeping is just rationalizing sony's halfhearted efforts. if people just want "normal sharing" photo sizes, why the hell does sony have to put 20 MP in a smartphone camera?

but please show us that others are just incapable of making the most of the z1's camera. i really want to see the best of what sony's tech can offer. or at least i want to see a convincing evidence that sony really failed again this time. i trust your objectiveness in assessing the z1, moogoo.
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2013-09-25 07:11 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 154155156 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic