Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z1

Previous  123 ... 152153154 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-24 22:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@moogo Yeah notice that blur too. Do hope it's not a hardware issue too. And no, my hands were not shaking . This is why I want RAW .

@sponse Everything is auto, no image stabilization enabled. Just in case you don't know, the manual mode I'm talking about is actually SONY's regular "auto" mode.....
[ This Message was edited by: MNX1024 on 2013-09-24 21:19 ]
sponse
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-09-24 22:20
try to limit the iso. you will get much less nois.
btw, i also have notice in the union square shots, that your right frame is totally blur!
TRY to contact sony asap and ask about it, send them the photo, i am very afraid that it will be a bad cheap lens problem. (but on the other hand, sony advertises it as the G lens... go figure.. )
tyko
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-09-24 22:25
Unfortunatley I think its a hardware problem. The blur is always on the right side, seen this from alot of different users. Unless the software distinguish the right side from left and post process them differently, which is very unlikely
[ This Message was edited by: tyko on 2013-09-24 21:26 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-24 22:38
@tyko - would seem like it.. but what are the chances an entire production line has the same defective lens? I don't really know honestly.

@MNX - can you try a different camera app from the play store? Maybe it uses its own processing algorithm and not Sony's. Worth a try. That way we can tell if its software or hardware..

Also, have you updated to the latest firmware?
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-09-24 21:40 ]
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
tyko
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-09-24 22:39
If this is indeed a hardware issue, how the hell can sony let it slip through the quality control? Gsmarena had the same extensive right side blur btw.

@moogoo
Since the blur is always there, although it seems to vary to what degree, it must be a hardware issue. Cannot see this as being software related. Perhaps sony has rushed it and are forced to untighten the quality control. Who knows....
[ This Message was edited by: tyko on 2013-09-24 21:51 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-24 22:41
^exactly. seems like quite a major hardware defect to let it slip through QA. Something like this would mean there's a flaw in the lens somewhere? or maybe a part of the sensor that's defective..

I'll have to do some extensive testing when i get mine! I hope it's not hardware. Would suck to have to send it back right after I got it..
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-09-24 21:42 ]
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-24 22:48
@tyko Mind linking me to some shots from other users that are having this problem? Might need them if I want to make a case for a return with Clove.

@moogoo Going to try that when I get off work. Any specific camera apps you would recommend?

The thing about this blur, after scrutinizing some of my shots, it seems to only appear under certain situations.
sponse
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-09-24 22:49
yeah it is hard to imagine that they would have produced millions of defected lenses..
and they couldn't have used a cheap lens because of the branding... (it will impact the G lens brand badly).
and there should be some hardware quality control and assurance...

so it could be just bad software, or really bad software, or just bad luck to some people to have actually got defect units.

or it could be that sony has messed up badly, but it will be like shooting them self in the leg..

for me, I guess it the software, that somewhat messes the whole scene.
as with the xperia z, the whole frame at the release was blurred due to bad software optimization... and now they have fixed it....
[ This Message was edited by: sponse on 2013-09-24 21:52 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-24 22:54
@MNX - true that it only seems to be really evident in certain situations. I honestly haven't noticed it too badly until I looked at your shots. Of course, I haven't scrutinized every single sample shot that's been out since the announcement either.

I would just use a high rated free camera app. I have camera zoom FX, which is one of the best ones out there for Android. extremely feature rich. I think it's 2.99, but there may be a free/trial version.
moogoo
tyko
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-09-24 22:59
@MNX1024

In your case i would show photos which doesnt have this extensive blur, that would show that your is defective. I cant give you a link, but go to flickr and search z1. Far from all photos have this extensive blur, but to my eye there is always some softness in the right hand side in photos ive seen.

@ sponse

Yes, the whole picture was blurry with the xz, not just one side. I dont know software programming but i imagen it would be difficult to treat different areas in photos with variable alghoritms. Otherwise the soft corners that always appear in photos from mobiles would be solved.
[ This Message was edited by: tyko on 2013-09-24 22:07 ]
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2013-09-24 23:03
If this is a hardware defect then any quality control Sony mobile had/has just went out the windows since this right side blur defect seems to be showing up too often to be a minor error/defect. The only way to fix this would be a full replacement of the device unless Sony feels they are up to the challenge to just replace the lens somehow.

I do hope this isn't a sensor problem/defect since that would definitely need a full replacement of the device.

I seriously hope it is a software issue/algorithm which can be fixed with a FW update, possibly this supposed update that is meant to come soon.

Now I am hesitant to go and buy the phone tomorrow :/
sponse
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-09-24 23:04

@tyko some times you will get soft corners on wide lenses (unless you have a lens that cost as much as the xperia z1 itself)
it's a know issue with wide lenses.
but then again it applies only to the corners and not to the whole right frame.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-24 23:10
I'll do some testing when i get my Z1 tomorrow. See if i can reproduce the blur somehow and narrow down IF and WHEN it does occur. Of course, if it's NOT always there, then it can't be a hardware issue.. so it must be sofwtare based on the specific situation. But, if it's always there in the same area of the frame, then clearly it is hardware. Sony should honor a full replacement with zero cost to the consumer (shipping and/or otherwise)
moogoo
tyko
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-09-24 23:20
Can you try and take a photo of two identical objects standing left and right in the picture frame. And you shouldn't be standing to close to the objects either.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-24 23:25
^good point tyko. to attempt to reproduce this blur, you should stick to wide angle shots. close up/macro shots will create a bokeh effect and mask the right side blur. You'll need to try a wide angle shot with a center focus. focal point should be a far off object, not something close to you.
moogoo
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 152153154 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic