Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z1

Previous  123 ... 919293 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
ZappyDen
Model not set
Joined: Sep 05, 2013
Posts: 89
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 09:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Can anyone please tell me about LED notification light Position on Z1??
where is it ?
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
Joined: Sep 13, 2011
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 09:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
On top



It's transparent, visible from both front and back of the device
ZappyDen
Model not set
Joined: Sep 05, 2013
Posts: 89
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 09:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^thanx
Nice
Jubei1
Model not set
Joined: Feb 19, 2013
Posts: 99
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 09:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-09-15 09:06:00, randomuser wrote:

On 2013-09-15 09:02:50, Jubei1 wrote:

On 2013-09-15 04:23:13, unknownC151A wrote:
The one who started spreading that the Z1 uses the leftovers panels from the Z and ZL is total bullshit.
I can confirm no such thing occurred.
Practically, if you think about it, how Triluminos works is by emitting a blue LED light into this quantum dots of reds and greens.
Conventional LCD screens like the one that canes with the Z have its white LED shine past the RGB panel.
So if that donkey "source" is correct, Sony have to tear open the leftovers, modify the existing panel for it to be compatible for the blue LED.
It's simply not practical, or perhaps, pure stupidity.


Triluminos for mobile doesnt use quantum dots. Its a software enhancement, read the white paper


I couldn't find any such mention in the Whitepaper. Can you take a snap of the portion and post ?

Triluminos cannot be emulated with a software. You cannot expand the color gamut with a software.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-09-15 08:09 ]




Thats the point. There is no mention of quantum dots, on the Bravia tvs its mentioned everywhere. And if it is a hardware addition why the massive difference in screen quality? The old "its a prototype" argument?

And you can change color gamut through software. You just have to calibrate the screens, Apple increased their color gamut to sRGB standard for iPhone 5
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
Joined: Oct 15, 2012
Posts: 459
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 10:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-09-15 09:57:58, Jubei1 wrote:

On 2013-09-15 09:06:00, randomuser wrote:

On 2013-09-15 09:02:50, Jubei1 wrote:

On 2013-09-15 04:23:13, unknownC151A wrote:
The one who started spreading that the Z1 uses the leftovers panels from the Z and ZL is total bullshit.
I can confirm no such thing occurred.
Practically, if you think about it, how Triluminos works is by emitting a blue LED light into this quantum dots of reds and greens.
Conventional LCD screens like the one that canes with the Z have its white LED shine past the RGB panel.
So if that donkey "source" is correct, Sony have to tear open the leftovers, modify the existing panel for it to be compatible for the blue LED.
It's simply not practical, or perhaps, pure stupidity.


Triluminos for mobile doesnt use quantum dots. Its a software enhancement, read the white paper


I couldn't find any such mention in the Whitepaper. Can you take a snap of the portion and post ?

Triluminos cannot be emulated with a software. You cannot expand the color gamut with a software.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-09-15 08:09 ]




Thats the point. There is no mention of quantum dots, on the Bravia tvs its mentioned everywhere. And if it is a hardware addition why the massive difference in screen quality? The old "its a prototype" argument?

And you can change color gamut through software. You just have to calibrate the screens, Apple increased their color gamut to sRGB standard for iPhone 5


I hate idiots, who come marching here, acting like a boss, praising the iPhone and start posting crap without researching.
Poor guy. You should be ashamed of yourself.

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/lcd[....]ure-quality/article/triluminos
http://www.technewsnow.com/ne[....]rgb-led-lighting-to-sony-hdtvs
[ This Message was edited by: unknownC151A on 2013-09-15 09:11 ]
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
Joined: Jun 01, 2013
Posts: 408
From: 東京
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 10:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^I think you mean praising?

Otherwise I disagree with the language, but there is nothing I can do.
We are lucky to have some freedom of speech, everyone decides what to do with it.
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
Joined: Sep 13, 2011
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 10:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Somehow I can't agree with the assumption that Triluminos for mobile is software based. If Triluminos could be replicated using a software then surely Sony wouldn't be giving millions to QD vision and just using the software solution on their BRAVIA sets and VAIO laptops.
moogoo
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: > 500
From: NYC
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-15 10:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
"there is no mention of quantum dots" -- what a silly argument.

If Sony had to explain how their technology worked every time they used the branding on their products, that would mean their branding and/or tech isn't very impressive.

and i agree with random.. if it could be software based, there's no reason for them to spend the money on hardware for their vaios and TVs. they could increase their margins by so much more if they used software.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Website: https://www.mikedoesitall.com
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
Joined: Sep 13, 2011
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 10:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This is the Triluminos explanation for BRAVIA by Sony. No mention of Quantum dots. Exact same words are used for Z1/Z Ultra QD Intro vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9srJtqGjsI0

EDIT: Bravia Product Page

http://store.sony.com/webapp/[....]&productId=8198552921666519123

No mention of Quantum Dots here too, but that doesn't mean we assume Triluminos BRAVIA sets also use software

EDIT2: Same for VAIO. No Quantum Dots written anywhere

http://www.sony.com.au/produc[....]tcategory/it-personal-computer
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-09-15 09:30 ]
motvikt
T68i
Joined: Jun 03, 2009
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 10:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-09-15 10:06:38, unknownC151A wrote:

On 2013-09-15 09:57:58, Jubei1 wrote:

On 2013-09-15 09:06:00, randomuser wrote:

On 2013-09-15 09:02:50, Jubei1 wrote:

On 2013-09-15 04:23:13, unknownC151A wrote:
The one who started spreading that the Z1 uses the leftovers panels from the Z and ZL is total bullshit.
I can confirm no such thing occurred.
Practically, if you think about it, how Triluminos works is by emitting a blue LED light into this quantum dots of reds and greens.
Conventional LCD screens like the one that canes with the Z have its white LED shine past the RGB panel.
So if that donkey "source" is correct, Sony have to tear open the leftovers, modify the existing panel for it to be compatible for the blue LED.
It's simply not practical, or perhaps, pure stupidity.


Triluminos for mobile doesnt use quantum dots. Its a software enhancement, read the white paper


I couldn't find any such mention in the Whitepaper. Can you take a snap of the portion and post ?

Triluminos cannot be emulated with a software. You cannot expand the color gamut with a software.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-09-15 08:09 ]




Thats the point. There is no mention of quantum dots, on the Bravia tvs its mentioned everywhere. And if it is a hardware addition why the massive difference in screen quality? The old "its a prototype" argument?

And you can change color gamut through software. You just have to calibrate the screens, Apple increased their color gamut to sRGB standard for iPhone 5


I hate idiots, who come marching here, acting like a boss, praising the iPhone and start posting crap without researching.
Poor guy. You should be ashamed of yourself.

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/lcd[....]ure-quality/article/triluminos
http://www.technewsnow.com/ne[....]rgb-led-lighting-to-sony-hdtvs
[ This Message was edited by: unknownC151A on 2013-09-15 09:11 ]



Seriously chill with the language. This is not the first time you are extremely hostile against people with different opinions
motvikt
T68i
Joined: Jun 03, 2009
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 10:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-09-15 10:23:38, randomuser wrote:
This is the Triluminos explanation for BRAVIA by Sony. No mention of Quantum dots. Exact same words are used for Z1/Z Ultra QD Intro vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9srJtqGjsI0

EDIT: Bravia Product Page

http://store.sony.com/webapp/[....]&productId=8198552921666519123

No mention of Quantum Dots here too, but that doesn't mean we assume Triluminos BRAVIA sets also use software

EDIT2: Same for VAIO. No Quantum Dots written anywhere

http://www.sony.com.au/produc[....]tcategory/it-personal-computer
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-09-15 09:30 ]



Swedroid mention in their first look that Trilluminos is a marketing name for "better screens".
http://www.swedroid.se/vi-pro[....]a-flaggskepp-xperia-z1-honami/

Swedroid is extremely credible and they wouldn't write something like that without talking to Sony first. (Swedish sites usually get more detailed information from the representatives because they talk the same language)
miromiromi
Model not set
Joined: Jul 25, 2013
Posts: 480
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 10:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Seriously chill with the language. This is not the first time you are extremely hostile against people with different opinions


please understand, that's a normal reaction to people who come here posting some incredible arguments. people here argue on opinions and subjective topics, not facts. you can't just come here "preaching" your own version of silly "facts" if you can't offer solid proofs that those are indeed facts.
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2013-09-15 10:07 ]
moogoo
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: > 500
From: NYC
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-15 11:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@motvikt - i don't speak swedish so i can only comment based on google translation. it says "Sony has borrowed Triluminous name from its more exclusive TV sets where the backlight as the name implies is based on tri-color LEDs. This is not the case for mobile screens backlighting remains solid - the name refers to the case of a new and improved LCD panel."

That doesn't seem right to me.

According to the engineers who lead the triluminos for mobile project "Replicating the way they work together on mobile, as they do in BRAVIA TVs was tough". So, either its the same exact tech they use in the Bravia TVs on a smaller scale. OR, they've done something that gives the same effect using a filter of some sort (which i think some videos mention using, but who knows if they know the truth or not).

link to engineer interview: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2[....]s-display-x-reality-to-mobile/
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-09-15 10:08 ]
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Website: https://www.mikedoesitall.com
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
Joined: Sep 13, 2011
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 11:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@aurelius

Z1 speaker is actually louder than HTC One but quality is lower than HTC One.

Could you upload 2 or 3 20 MP camera samples please?

And also 1 low light shot using Handheld Twilight Mode?
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-09-15 10:08 ]
moogoo
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: > 500
From: NYC
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-15 11:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^i already requested that.. but i don't think he saw it

I wonder if the sound quality from the headphone jack of the Z1 is better than the HTC One..

In real use, I would think that is more important..
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Website: https://www.mikedoesitall.com
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 919293 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic