Author Sony Xperia Z1
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 04:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-09-15 03:51:53, iEducateYou wrote:
@miro
Look I know you are trying to add to the discussion and have every right to voice your opinions. But as you stated in the above post, you are not quite an authoritative figure in the judgement of photographs. That being said, your posts suggest an absolute voice, an authority that you cannot command. Instead of your posts implying that you were dissatisfied with the image in your opinion, it comes across as a final judgement on the matter.

Also who knows why the 'one' photo you saw did not come out as good. Could be the firmware, the settings used, the capability of the photographer, and myriad of other things. The fact is the camera has so far proven itself to be the best in the Android business, and can match 1020 in certain conditions. Even if the software can (and probably will) be tweaked a bit for better photos, the fact remains, Sony has put an amazing sensor, lens combo and its true potential probably hasn't even been realized yet.

precisely what i was saying. don't people here know how to understand what they're reading? you just repeated my points and now you're coming up with a comment that seems to my contend with my arguments. read the posts completely please. there're those parts that state my opinion and there're also those parts that qualify my opinion. many here seem agitated every time something not so favorable is said about sony without reading the full post.

Instead of your posts implying that you were dissatisfied with the image in your opinion, it comes across as a final judgement on the matter.

i don't think so. anyone can say something and nobody here has the obligation to think of it as an authoritative voice. why don't you say that to that member who said my opinion is obsolete?

wew...instances like this make you less proud being a sony fan...being one in a group marred by some irrational people.
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2013-09-15 03:14 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-15 04:21
mama said if i didn't have anything nice to say, then i shouldn't say anything at all..

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 04:23
The one who started spreading that the Z1 uses the leftovers panels from the Z and ZL is total bullshit.
I can confirm no such thing occurred.
Practically, if you think about it, how Triluminos works is by emitting a blue LED light into this quantum dots of reds and greens.
Conventional LCD screens like the one that canes with the Z have its white LED shine past the RGB panel.
So if that donkey "source" is correct, Sony have to tear open the leftovers, modify the existing panel for it to be compatible for the blue LED.
It's simply not practical, or perhaps, pure stupidity.
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 04:30

I think this is gorgeous
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 04:32
Is it just me or the Z1 has better display than the Ultra? Z1 has better whites while Ultra is more yellowish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBS_XDtYXlc skip to 2:31 to see screen comparison. Z ultra is more saturated
[ This Message was edited by: kurtdean on 2013-09-15 03:35 ]
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 04:34
Chill out guys, it is just a phone!

So I have been to the Japan Premiere at the Ginza store yesterday.
I did not spend hours so my feedback is not a complete review.
Warning: the following text contains criticism that may not be appropriate for some viewers.
I added a few pics at the bottom.

Look & Feel:
It looks very good and premium. The metal frame helps make it feel solid.
However, I am not a fan of the glass-like back, a real fingerprint magnet.
In that space I prefer the full metal-like back of the current Fujitsu - I hope they keep it unchanged for the Z1 competitor.

Size (and bezel!):
The size is not too big, and the top and bottom bezels are just what I need to hold it in landscape.
However, I felt it is too thin for me to comfortably hold it when using the shutter button.
While I understand that Sony build phones for the majority, this really makes the shutter button much less useful for me, and I unconsciously ended-up using the screen button when playing around...

Screen:
Vibrant and good viewing angles, nothing to complain about.
The colors seem more natural than on Xperia A, but I would have a hard time give more details as I am far from being knowledgeable in that space.

Camera - general:
I found the images good, although I could not test much.
The top left position of the lens and sensor, combined with the thinness makes it less easy to use.
The design on the Fujitsu is better IMO, with a camera closer to the center, and I touch it less with my fingers.
The best would be what Maiarandam leaked before, which may be the Z2...
I also found that the options in manual mode are limited, no shutter speed or aperture.
The Augmented reality thing are gimmicks, you play with it a couple of times, but are you going to bring dinosaurs everywhere?

Pixel Binning:
I found that the Sony Japan staff knowledge about the product was very poor, with all due respect.
For instance, I showed them that their own website claims that there is pixel binning, and asked how it can be activated, or if it comes by default under certain options. Nobody knew, the apparently most technical one said that all pixels are not used for pictures, but some of them used to measure exposure, etc... LOL!
I told them that this is not what pixel binning means, and they went to make a few phone calls. Final answer: this is not Sony mobile Japan website, but the international website, so even if this is the same camera they do not know about what is written there... Brilliant!
Out of options, I asked if they think it is a mistake of the marketing department, and they said this is very possible...

Stabilisation:
By playing around with the camera app, I found that there is a stabilization option that can be activated for still pictures, even when shooting at 20.7MP. (can be seen in my third picture below).
Activating it did not change anything to the picture quality, maybe because the shutter speed was fast enough, no easy way to tell.
The problem is that the Sony staff had no idea what the option was doing, if it is hardware, software, or corresponds to the steady-shot used in video.
Just nothing.

Bionz for mobile & jpeg engine updates:
Of course did not ask about the timing of future updates, but a general question.
If Sony updates the jpeg engine, is it pushed by Sony directly to consumers or do I have to wait for Docomo to push it?
The answer was clear enough: "Based on the past experience, this is pushed by the mobile network operator to the consumer".
For those who do not know, Docomo has a reputation of being slow in that space.
This is not good, because then you may prefer to wait for the Z2 if you are a docomo (future) client wanting to go for Sony.

QX100 Accessory:
Just a few tests here.
The main point is that I found the pairing process to take too much time.
This may be due to the fact that there were many Z1 and QX around, so setting the right wifi takes more time?
Secondly, I did not find it very comfortable to hold, so I do not think I will purchase it, the RX1R is more expensive but you get a flash and a less clunky experience.

Conclusion:
As I am most likely buying a phone this year, my choice are going to be between iphone 5s, Xperia Z1 SO-01F, Fujitsu F-01F and Sharp SH-01F.
- Iphone will surely be the smoothest internet experience, as I find IOS generally smoother than Android, in particular when I install firefox (for the add blocker option). However I want a 5" screen, so I think I will switch to Android.
- Sony main attractiveness for me was the shutter button + good camera. However, Z1 thinness makes it less important to me, and Camera position makes me touch the lens every time. Adding the bionz refinement being embargoed by Docomo makes me wonder if I should not wait for Z2 if I really want a Sony.
- Fujitsu design look less good than Sony, but they have higher specs. Current model is 5.2" screen, 64GB, fingerprint sensor, waterproof, Sony image sensor (don't know for lens) in a more center placement, combined with metal "unibody style" back. I will wait and see what the Z1 competitor has, (reportedly is on same snapdragon 800) but if it has a shutter key, it could be a winner (for me!).
- Sharp current model already has a IGZO screen, but the body is cheap plastic. Latios said previous models are laggy, I will see what the new model with snapdragon 800 does.

Finally a few pictures:

This is what the Sony building looks like currently, pretty cool no?

This one is for Ramu :

The still shot stabilization option can be seen here:
(手ぶれ補正 - the 4th from the top)

[ This Message was edited by: Shotokan81 on 2013-09-15 03:46 ]
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 04:54

On 2013-09-15 04:32:15, kurtdean wrote:
Is it just me or the Z1 has better display than the Ultra? Z1 has better whites while Ultra is more yellowish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBS_XDtYXlc skip to 2:31 to see screen comparison. Z ultra is more saturated
[ This Message was edited by: kurtdean on 2013-09-15 03:35 ]

It seems to me that here in southeast asia different reviewers got different screen panels too as they have different opinions about the display. This is so confusing because in this video the z ultra definitely has the upper hand when it comes to screen quality yet gsmarena is stating that z1 has better screen!

Also from what I have researched so far, most z1 screens show washed-out display at extreme viewing angles
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2013-09-15 03:58 ]
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 04:59
http://www.unbox.ph/gadget/so[....]-seriously-outdone-themselves/

highlights:

Verdict: The Sony Xperia Z1 is Epic *hit!

Outstanding Battery Life

Superb Camera with Tons of Smart Features

the guy here runs a podcast show and is quite knowledgeable. he got his unit from malaysia.

moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-15 05:13
sony just released the source files for the Z1!

wow! it hasn't even been launched in every region yet.. not even 2 weeks after announcement and they've released sources for developers to play with. That is really commendable, I think.

This is one of the reasons I LOVE sony. They used to be all about proprietary/in house stuff. But these days, especially with their phones, they are so open. It's awesome and while I'm not a developer myself (anymore), I think it shows how much they care about their userbase.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
McKinley
K750
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 05:17
@miromiromi
Those pictures really show how vivid colours are being produced by its display.

Can't wait until I get my hands on my phone.
GH688, T28, T39 and T68
Nokia 6110, 8110, 8850, 6230, N82
Moto V525 and RAZR V3
Samsung T100, S300 and E700
T68, T610, Z600, T630, K700, S700, V800, K750, S600, M600, S500, P1i, K850, X1 X10, Vivaz
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-15 05:19
@McKinley.. i'm so envious..
moogoo
Latios147
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 05:36
@Shotokan: Thanks for going down to Sony Ginza. Hope you enjoyed your visit there. I will be patiently waiting for the reveal of the new Docomo lineup soon. Early October will be a good approximation date.
Rockarel
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 05:37
I love the conclusion from that review haha
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 05:59
Haha thanks Shotokan81
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-09-15 05:00 ]
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-09-15 06:00
Looks like a mini bravia triluminos TV (KDLxxW905) IQ wise to me if my eyes are serving me right.

@Shotokan81 nice review, I can see you didn't use your lumix to take the pics did you?
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2013-09-15 05:04 ]
10 years at Esato
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 899091 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic