Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung profit outlook misses estimates

Author Samsung profit outlook misses estimates
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-05 07:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Is Samsung losing its touch now and the magic is gone ?
Samsung profit outlook misses estimates http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23192664

Brought to you straight from the event horizon of a quantum singularity.
winnerzero
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-07-05 08:41
Best news I've read all week... Maybe people have started to realize how inferior Samsung products are...
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-07-05 10:02

On 2013-07-05 08:41:05, winnerzero wrote:
Best news I've read all week... Maybe people have started to realize how inferior Samsung products are...

good one! If Samsung are making "inferior" products and still managing to make an ACTUAL profit, then other phone makers must be making some horrendous products.

So Samsung's growth maybe slowing, bound to happen, nobody has the sort of growth they've had forever, even Android's growth has dropped a gear, seems to go hand-in-hand. These are just profit projections though, and the final numbers wont be out until end of the month. Profit does seem to be higher this time compared to the same time last year according to Bloomberg, it's STILL going to be a record quarter for Samsung, the numbers are just not as high as analysts estimated. Other OEMs would love to be in this position, plenty money in the bank and STILL turning RECORD profit during a slump, so it's actually not such great news for those who hate Samsung, sorry guys! Apple are said to be going through the same.

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]-8.33B-in-profit-in-Q2_id44935

EDIT:

ALL TIME HIGH AGAIN IN H2?

To be sure, Samsung's 9.5 trillion won ($8.3 billion) operating profit forecast, up 47 percent from a year ago, is a record and it is expected to report higher earnings in the current and fourth quarters as sales of its latest Galaxy S4 phone pick up and new products hit the stores. Prices of memory chips, another industry which Samsung holds the lead, are also expected to remain strong.

"Samsung's got diversified businesses. When one business lags, it's got others outperforming and propping up the overall profit," Jung at Dongbu said.

http://www.reuters.com/articl[....]guidance-idUSBRE9630T920130705
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-07-05 09:39 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-07-05 13:51
Heh, yes its such a silly thing to say.

I know these companies put a lot of time and money into analysing the market, but no company can continue to grow indefinitely. If theres only 1 million people in the market (for example), you cant sell more than 1 million units unless people buy more than one.

Its good to know its a healthy start to the year again for them, which in turn is better for us as consumers. Imagine if there was no HTC or Samsung, Android would be in trouble with Sony, ZTE and the other budget OEM's pushing back at Apple.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
titus1
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-07 07:39
Samsung's peaked at S3 & Note 2...

I think people are starting to puke. Samsung should at least slow down a bit, just a bit...to look at how they flooded the market with every segment imaginable. Confusing people with their Note and Tab, which is honestly one and the same. Not to mention the messed up octa S4.
titus1
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-07 07:44
There...
[ This Message was edited by: titus1 on 2013-07-07 06:49 ]
renz2030
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-07 07:51
sir,

help po, how to configure my nokia 5130c-2 for free mobile internet. smart and globe user po aq.
please nmn po..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi