Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Welcome the new iOS 7

Author Welcome the new iOS 7
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-18 16:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
So much of excitement

I just hope battery life isn't negatively impacted, my iPad has given me the most incredible battery life I've seen on a modern connected mobile device, as I type this my iPad is at 91% battery, take note I took it off charge at around 10am, it's now 4:50pm and I have been using it heavily to research the subject for my market research uni assignment today.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2013-09-18 17:19
Your battery should be abit improved
My 4S was on the betaware versions
Plus it fixed a lot of issues I had with the
Battery and Camera "if I used camera it would
turn off" Randomly btw 18% and lower lol

@ hans, I'm charging up right now lol
I will wait till later to download the finale
Version anyway at a guess I better Apples
Servers are gunnabe swamped for this!!
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-19 01:57
935mb later and my iPad4 is now officially on iOS7

Loving the bright and cheerful look, with the thin fonts, matte touches etc... It just screams modern! A whole new era for Apple here. It really makes pre iOS7 versions look so archaic, and far too dull.

So far vey smooth, fast and fluid, BUT I did have a freeze when setting the Wallpaper, and there is bits of choppiness here and there, me thinks Apple will be pushing multiple patches to fix this soon, overall though? A job well done

Some screenshots of mine:

tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-19 14:27
Just saw the Gmaps icon and for a second I thought it was Android

Now back on topic, have any of you encountered problems after the update? If your device is jailbroken, using turbo sim or any other hack, did it lose the hack?
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-19 15:12
A friend of mine is saying she can't update her apps via App Store after the update on her iPhone5, very strange.

I've read negative experiences coming mainly from iPad3 users, could explain why Apple had it for such a short run, that seems to be the device suffering the most issues, I'm reading of lag, stuttering and freezing, everyone else seems to be enjoying it.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2013-09-19 16:31
I only had a few probs when on the beta versions
But so far the full version hasn't glitched once it runs
As it should on my 2 year old iPhone lol

Nice screenshots @ Tsepz glad you like it also
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-19 19:40
Simply cannot put my iPad down today, barely done any work on my assignment today, I'm just loving how it looks and how the animations transition from one app to the other etc... It's just fantastic

Leave you noticed that the clock icon is active, with constant revolving ticker like a Rolex? Very nice touch. The UI also just looks great whether it be portrait or landscape.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-09-19 18:44 ]
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-09-19 20:39
I love ios7. Awesome firmware. Colours are fantastic.

The camera works way better. Now you just tap on the OBJECT and IT set lightness perfectly
Safari is also way smarter. So as maps and AppStore.
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2013-09-19 19:40 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2013-10-01 03:18
they released a further update to this 7.0.2
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-10-01 22:15
Hopefully to fix the batter drain issue. My sister who has an iPhone 5 was particularly inconvenienced as she is a solicitor who uses her phone heavily and found it dying half way through the day after updating.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2013-10-10 00:05
Etaab was her phone working fine before the
Update? If so get her to restore it and set up as new
Phone it should work fine after that oh and ask
Her to turn of Background Apps refresh that does
Take a big chunk out of battery when on!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-10-10 00:15
I haven't heard any more complaints so I assume shes fixed it now.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-10-23 10:25
iOS 7.0.3 lets you disable the 'icon fly-in' animation, makes Touch ID unlocking faster

PhoneArena
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2013-10-26 21:59
Got it
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-10-27 20:16

On 2013-09-19 15:12:55, Tsepz_GP wrote:
A friend of mine is saying she can't update her apps via App Store after the update on her iPhone5, very strange.

I've read negative experiences coming mainly from iPad3 users, could explain why Apple had it for such a short run, that seems to be the device suffering the most issues, I'm reading of lag, stuttering and freezing, everyone else seems to be enjoying it.

I'm willing to bet it's because some of those apps on her iPhone/Computer where from a previous Apple ID; that's the ONLY reason why they will not update (well wrong password associated with the account if using Touch ID). Have her try to update in iTunes - and pay special attention to what account is being asked for a password.

I know what I said pages earlier but after using iOS 7 for 3wks now I'm impressed!
Fluidity, speed, and easy to read fonts make this worth it.

The real strength to me about iOS is beyond the hardware and the software; its the infrastructure! I'm a Mac user at home and my last job at Disney allowed me to troubleshoot them so I've learned a lot. The following features are what may keep me tied to iOS for the foreseeable future:
iTunes U! (I'm already learning so much about Psychology and SQL Server based on the courses offered)
- you just cannot beat FREE and QUALITY EDUCATION!! Guys & Girls I emplore you to discover this and expand your minds on fields you may have always wanted.
iCloud & IWorks! A very decent spreadsheet and document editor software that is available to be sync'd using iCloud across iPhone?! This means not only are my PDF's with bookmarks within are sync'd using iBooks, my resume and other documents I'm working on are always up to date. And the data transmission seems to be VERY efficient!!
Podcasts! More audio and video content is top quality in the content and subject of the offerings. I'm enhancing my Latin Spanish learning through this.

Finally it's the headphones!! ControlTalk specifically .... When I had the 3GS/IP4/IP4S I couldn't live without this ... drove me insane as I take the public transit to commute. My ability to control the music in my playlists or the tracks themselves is critical to my sanity

One SPECIFIC GRIPES I HAVE!!
1. SIRI - ALWAYS wants an internet connection, arrgh! This is STUPID for the basic tasks.
Time & Date,
What song is playing,
Read the last message,
Openning an app (eve if that app requires an internet connection for data updates - iOS7 supposedly updates data in the background based on frequency of using the app, it learns this, and when data connection is available before you normally use said app it updates)
- I have to turn OFF SIRI to use the top 3 functions, if not then it's useless in its function when I'm in the subway.

2. Messages:
Since this is combined with iMessage there hasn't been an improvement in a simplistic yet important function. Yes SMS is STILL used the most of any form of communication on 3 continents now for the past 5yrs at minimum. Try sending an SMS when in no signal or connectivity with your carrier = DUH this is normal behaviour in that it'll fail. Now wait 2mins and get top side or back into signal with your carrier and guess what ... YOU have to MANUALLY RESEND IT! BB10, WP7/8, and Android does this on their own because you've already executed the send command. It should not matter that it failed, the fact you wanted to send it precludes you'll still want to and thus iOS should auto send it when in connectivity.

Camera seems to be a lot faster in transitions to layers/shades etc - I've still yet to try camera apps.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi