Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia Lumia 925 PureView Announced

Author Nokia Lumia 925 PureView Announced
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2013-05-14 17:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

Nokia Lumia 925 PureView Key Features:

- 3G Network: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 ( HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps)

- 4G Network - LTE 800 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 (LTE, Cat3, 50 Mbps UL, 100 Mbps DL)

- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Dual Band, DLNA, Wi-Fi HotSpot, Bluetooth v3.0 With A2DP, EDR, MicroUSB v2.0 And NFC

- Dimensions: 129 x 70.6 x 8.5 mm

- Weight: 139 Grams.

- Large Display 4.5" Amoled WXGA HD+ (~334 Ppi Pixel Density) With Corning Gorilla Glass 2

- Screen Color Depth 24 bits

- Synaptics ClearPad Series 3 (Premium Mobile Touch Solution)

- 16 Or 32 GigaBytes Memory Internal (Not Expansive Memory)

- 1 GigaByte Ram

- CPU Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon S4 Dual - Core Krait 1.512 GHz (SemiConductor Technology 28 nm)

- GPU Adreno 225 (Dual - Core Graphics @500 MHz)

- Windows Phone 8 (Portico) Upgradable To Windows 10

- MS Office

- Internet Explorer 10

- Nokia Maps And Nokia Drive

- 8 MP AF Camera PureView Phase 2

- CamCorder FullHD 1080p @30 FPS

- 1.2 MP Wide Angle Front Chat Camera (720p Video Capture)

- HD Voice

- Dolby Mobile Sound Enhancement And Dolby Headphone Support

- Radio FM

- Standard Battery Li-Ion 2000 mAh

- SkyDrive (7GB Storage)

- Qi Wireless Charging

- Available In Black, White And Gray Colors

New interpretation of world's most innovative smartphone captures the best low light images

Nokia today introduced the Nokia Lumia 925, a new interpretation of its award-winning flagship, the Nokia Lumia 920. The Nokia Lumia 925 introduces a metal design and showcases the latest PureView camera innovation, new features and third party applications coming to the Nokia Lumia range.

The Nokia Lumia 925 includes the most advanced lens technology and next generation imaging software to capture clearer, sharper pictures and video, including the best low light images. The Nokia Lumia 925 also introduces the new Nokia Smart Camera mode, coming as an update to all Lumia Windows Phone 8 smartphones. Nokia Smart Camera offers an easy way to capture ten images at once and edit the pictures with options like Best Shot, Action Shot, and Motion Focus for creating the perfect high quality image.

Nokia also announced Hipstamatic's new app, Oggl, will arrive on Nokia Lumia smartphones, allowing people to take and share high quality pictures with like-minded creatives and photography enthusiasts from around the world. In addition to sharing photos on Oggl, users can simultaneously share photos on social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Tumblr, Flickr and Instagram.

"We keep innovating," said Jo Harlow, executive vice president of Nokia Smart Devices. "We're advancing experiences on the Nokia Lumia portfolio whether that means great new benefits for an existing Lumia owner, or bringing new showcase devices like the Nokia Lumia 925."

The Nokia Lumia 925 introduces metal for the first time to the Nokia Lumia range, bringing appeal and unique benefits like increased robustness. The polycarbonate back comes in white, grey or black. A wireless charging cover can be clipped onto the back of the phone to take advantage of Nokia's extensive wireless charging accessories and ecosystem. Covers, sold separately, come in white, black, yellow, and red.

Leading Nokia services, such as the HERE suite of integrated location and navigation services and Nokia Music for unlimited streaming of free music playlists, add to the great proposition offered by Nokia's latest smartphone.

Technichal Specifications Digital Camera Lumia 925 PureView:

* Lens: Zeiss Vario Tessar Wide Angle 26mm
* Construction Lens: 6 Elements, 1 Group. All Lens Surfaces Are Aspherical
* F-Number: f/2.0
* Focal Length: 3.73mm
* Focus Range: 8 Cm - Infinity
* Iso Sensitivity: 100 - 4000
* Shutter Speed: Max - (4s) / Min - (1/16000s)
* Features Digital Camera: Touch Focus - Manual Focus - Face Detection - Lenses Applications - Nokia Pro Camera And Geo - Tagging
* Flash: Double Led Short Pulse High Power (3rd Generation)
* Reach In Shooting Of Flash: Up To 3 Meters
* AF Light: Yes (Double Led Short Pulse High Power 3rd Generation)
* Optical Image Stabiliser: Yes (Barrel Shift With Tri Axis Gyroscope)
* Stabiliser Performance: Up To 3EV (8x Longer Shutter Speeds)
* Sensor: CMOS BSI SONY
* Format: 1/3”
* Surface: (4.80 mm x 3.60 mm)
* Pixel Size: 1.4 Microns
* Total Pixel Are Used: 3553 x 2448 - 8.7 Mpix
* Maximum Effective Pixels Resolution: 3552 x 1998 For 16:9 / 3264 x 2448 For 4:3.

Technichal Specifications Digital Camcorder Lumia 925 PureView:

* Maximum Resolution Digital Camcorder: FULLHD 1080p (1920 x 1080)
* Quantity Frames Per Second During Recording Of Video: 30 FPS
* Recording Codec Used To Do Video: MP4
* Video Bit Rate: 20.3 Mbps
* Recording Audio Codec Used To Do Video: AAC Stereo (HAAC Microphones)
* Audio Bit Rate: 256 Kbps
* Audio Sampling Rate: 48 KHz
* Light Assist For The Record Video: Yes (Double Led Short Pulse High Power 3rd Generation)
* Features Digital Camcorder: Optical Video Stabilization And Continuous Autofocus
* Other Features: Rich Recording Sound Technology (140dB Without Distortion)

Sample Images Camera Lumia 925 PureView

[ This Message was edited by: on 2014-11-15 02:30 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-05-14 17:37
Nice

Can't wait to see camera samples and also interested in seeing the AMOLED screen on this

Good design too, Nokia and Sony the only two companies that make consistently good looking phones
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-05-14 16:38 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-14 18:21
Look,this is a refresh of their flagship which is thinner and lighter and has new camera features as well as better software. It is also a refresh before the Microsoft Windows phone 8 GDR2 update comes in later in the summer. It's going to be carrier tested this month. The new update will bring the change for better hardware on Windows phone. As i previously said the main big camera phone won't be till maybe autumn as Nokia have said they are planning something much bigger 808 style. Also the internal storage depends on region there is a 32 gig variant. And this is the first camera phone with 6 elements in the camera for the 925. Nokia actually listened to complaints about the design of the 920 that it was too heavy and big. There is improvements. If people were expecting 2 gig ram and 1080p with silly quad core or moneky core then well WP does not need this and even support it yet.

Nokia Lumia 520 white
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2013-05-15 01:54 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-14 18:31
@emerson_shei please change your specs list as there will be a 32 gig variant. The internal memory differs on region

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/[....]4/nokia-925-review-first-look/

The camera software for image processing is new and improved,with the new 6 lens arrangement(a first for mobiles)new Smart Camera app with cool new software tricks,slimmer profile with much lighter weight than the Lumia 920 with aluminium strong frame and polycarbonate,better AMOLED display over LCD,new wide angle front camera plus much more. It is a decent refresh imo. Here is the new camera app

http://www.wpcentral.com/noki[....]a-update-windows-phone-8-lumia
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2013-05-14 17:41 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-14 18:43
Is it just me or is that woman on the beach shot look as though she is floating?? The flag shadow looks like her towel shadow on the sand and she is floating

Nokia Lumia 520 white
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2013-05-15 01:55 ]
Sylwester
Samsung Galaxy Note
PM
Posted: 2013-05-14 19:43
This illusion of levitation is brilliant! I gave fooled
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-14 19:51
I was expecting more from Nokia, I honestly thought we'd see a Xenon flash, I thought Lumia925 was going to be the international version of the Verizon 928, now I know Verizon must've made Nokia fit the 928 with that Xenon flash. The 925's camera does sound great though, as for design? A lot of people complain that Samsungs look the same, but Nokia seems to be doing the same thing, there hasn't been a change in design since the MeeGo N9, the Lumia 800, 820, 900, 920 and some others look almost exactly the same, I simply cannot tell them apart, I'm not bothered but something I've realized each time I see Nokias in a phone store.

So who's getting the 925? I'd love to see what that camera does in the hands of some of the capable Esato members.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2013-05-14 19:59

On 2013-05-14 18:31:05, Bonovox wrote:
@emerson_shei please change your specs list as there will be a 32 gig variant. The internal memory differs on region

The 32GB version is a Vodafone exclusive in the UK and several other countries, so when you don't want branding on your phone (like me), you might only be able to get the 16GB version. A downgrade from the 32GB in my 920, as is the fact, that wireless charging isn't possible out-of-the-box anymore, you'd have to buy an extra shell, which makes the phone thicker again.
But then again it's 100 euros cheaper than the 920 was at launch, so clearly not meant to be the next flagship.

Other than that it's a nice phone.
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-14 20:02
Ah no many of the Lumia's do have slightly tweaked designs and the back of this looks different to the Lumia 920 and it is more squared compared to 920. The 620,520,720 and 820 all have deisgns of their own too. It is a flagship refresh & I knew it wouldn't be the big one that won't come just yet will be later this year. I also did expect Xenon too. Anyway i wouln'd say all these look the same

Phone?? What phone??
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-05-14 20:31
I think this looks good and it will certainly entice those people who are now looking to get a new phone, I'm certainly interested in one but only if I can get the 32Gb version with a wireless charging cover

But I have to agree with some of the others here why has Vodafone got the 32Gb exclusivity or is it just the black one? I mean if Nokia want to shift these things then let all the networks have them
Brought to you straight from the event horizon of a quantum singularity.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-14 20:36
That happened before with exclusive deals with EE. But other stores are getting the handset like Carphone,O2,Phones4U etc but hopefull the 32 gig version should make it's way to others or online. Nokia should know this will make sales suffer
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-14 21:43
Nokia answers questions about the 925

http://www.wpcentral.com/noki[....]bout-lumia-925-design-hardware
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-05-14 21:52
Its nothing ground breaking or new though.

Im disappointed also. I really want a Lumia phone with an 808 camera module. But this ? its just a 920.

When I read the specs, by the time I get to the end of whats new I have to start reading again. Talk about a minor and boring update. The design is nice, but I prefer the polycarbonate of the 920 with its seamless design.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2013-05-14 20:52 ]
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-14 21:54

On 2013-05-14 20:31:23, Del wrote:
I think this looks good and it will certainly entice those people who are now looking to get a new phone, I'm certainly interested in one but only if I can get the 32Gb version with a wireless charging cover

But I have to agree with some of the others here why has Vodafone got the 32Gb exclusivity or is it just the black one? I mean if Nokia want to shift these things then let all the networks have them

I think it's a matter of networks having a chokehold on Nokia, they know Nokia needs their business so the bigger networks like Verizon and Vodafone agree to stock their devices ONLY if they get some sort of differentiation.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-14 22:19

On 2013-05-14 21:52:01, etaab wrote:
Its nothing ground breaking or new though.

Im disappointed also. I really want a Lumia phone with an 808 camera module. But this ? its just a 920.

When I read the specs, by the time I get to the end of whats new I have to start reading again. Talk about a minor and boring update. The design is nice, but I prefer the polycarbonate of the 920 with its seamless design.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2013-05-14 20:52 ]

It's just a lighter,slimmer update with refreshed design. It has some new features and better camera software. Like many other manufacturers they have rehashed the flagship. As I already said,Nokia have said they do plan to have an 808 style camera on WP sometime in near future.
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi