Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Apple and Samsung to ship 110 million tablets in 2013,double all other international brands combined

Author Apple and Samsung to ship 110 million tablets in 2013,double all other international brands combined
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-03 11:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

Apple and Samsung tablets will dominate the market this year as the two companies are expected to ship a combined total of 110 million tablets in 2013, according to DigiTimes supply sources in Taiwan. The information comes from panel makers reporting growing orders from both international and Chinese vendors.

Brand-name international companies apart from Samsung and Apple are expected to ship 50 million tablets this year, while Chinese white box tablet shipments are said to be double that amount at 100 million for the year.

The majority of white box tablet makers are located in China and produce affordable Android tablets, selling them for a fairly low margin because of the fierce rivalry in the market.

Manufacturers like AU Optronics, Innolux Corporation and Chunghwa Picture Tubes are expected to grow their profits as a result of the higher tablet production this year.

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]tional-brands-combined_id42587
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-05-03 10:50 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-03 19:50
Compared to Microsoft so far shifting a mere 1.5 million Surface tablets. They are too expensive the Surface tablets are
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-05-03 20:13
I still have to try out a Surface, but I must say, it looks like one very cumbersome tablet, both the RT and W8 one.

I'm thoroughly enjoying my iPad4, I don't see myself leaving it for a long time, not with the sheer amount of iPad Retina apps available from local newspapers and magazines to Rollingstone, Forbes etc... I can see why Apple still dominate this market, but Samsung are making inroads, especially with the Note tablets, if Samsung Hub continues growing the way it is we may see a repeat of what's happening in the smartphone market.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-05-03 22:41
It seems too big to carry round even though i love Windows 8/RT etc.
Phone?? What phone??
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-05-04 06:01
I had a play with a mates galaxy tab 10.1 and sheesh its slow and laggy. Too much bloatware on Samsung tablets to be honest, my Sony Tablet S feels like it runs quicker than it. In matter of fact my mate wants to swap his tab for mine. I said no thanks. The Tablet S has been so reliable my only gripe is it battery is a bit poor but hey its got IR so its a remote control for my sky and tv as my rubbish sky remote died!!

Interesting to hear what the surface 2 tablet will be like though, Microsoft really need to get it right this time round though! Apples ipad in my mind is the same as the iphone, same boring design, dated OS and restrictions, and then rip off people with the mini, no thanks!
[ This Message was edited by: chunkybeats on 2013-05-04 05:01 ]
elpasco
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-05-04 06:11
that was a great news but i would like to know that whether they decrease the rate of the phones
sadii
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-05-30 13:32
awesome
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi