Posted: 2013-08-22 09:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
No problemo du 800
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2013-08-24 06:19
Any good battery optimizers out there? I went for 'One Power Guard' but it is too eary to tell since I downloaded it yesterday.

As for the call bloking app I uninstalled it because it doesn't do precisely what it should. This is where my P1i served me with distinction. The apps irritate the hel out of me because the phone will vibrate once before blocking the call. The P1i blocked them without a sound or vibration.

Samsung are on the right track with their call rejection feature BUT it doesn't allow me to reject ALL numbers EXCEPT those in the phonebook. Unless I'm not seeing that option but I can see the feature being taken a step further and improved that way.
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2013-08-24 07:22 ]
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-08-28 17:15
I don't use battery optimizers personally, I just through my phone into power save if I'm not sure if I'll be near a plug, I tried some battery optimizers when I had the X10 and found them useless.

Samsung Galaxy S4 helps drive 55% increase in handset display revenues in 2013

From humble beginnings where 4-inch smartphones used to be considered too big for comfortable usage, the smartphone world has come a long way when it comes to display sizes. When it comes to display makers, the recent trend of larger displays will be a huge advantage this year, as their revenues are set to rise by 55 percent.

A DigiTimes report touts the Galaxy S4 as one of the handsets that are part of the reason for the increased revenues, along with Apple’s iPhone 5. The S4′s display went up 0.2-inches from the S3′s and also saw a veritable increase in display resolution – coupled with the average selling price of an AMOLED screen rising from $48.36 in 2012 to $49.37 in 2013, it’s something that is proving profitable for display makers. By the end of the year, AMOLED screens will have taken 37 percent of the total market, and the Galaxy Note III will no doubt contribute to that share.

SamMobile
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-08-28 16:16 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 00:07
Samsung’s Q3 smartphone sales outlook looking good

Back in Q2, there were several analysts that predicted grim future for Samsung’s mobile division, with many worried that the Korean giant’s Galaxy S4 smartphone will suffer poor sales in Q3 2013.

The latest prognosis for Q3 however has Samsung Securities predicting some 80 million smartphone sales in Q3 2013.

This is a really positive estimate coming from Samsung’s camp – and it’s obviously quite doable, considering that many of the expected high-end smartphone and tablet announcements for September likely won’t go on sale until the second half of the month, and won’t affect the Q3 sales figures.

We’ll have to wait until official publication to see if Samsung is indeed still holding firm, but if last quarter’s figures are anything to go by (when the S4 became the best-selling Galaxy phone), then things are looking up for Samsung.

http://is.gd/JhyrWF

Can't wait for the Note 3 to arrive and keep this great momentum going for ol' Sammy
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 14:30
Samsung never lost its mojo at all as Q3 smartphone sales were hot

It seems like it was light years ago when Samsung's shares started falling amid questions about possibly declining sales of the Samsung Galaxy S4. Korean brokerage firms were cutting their estimates of the number of units of the flagship model that they expected would be shipped by Samsung. U.S. brokerage house Merrill Lynch had cut its estimates of Samsung Galaxy S4 shipments for the year by 5 million to 65 million units. But the head of Samsung Mobile, J.K. Shin, said back then that "S4 sales are solid. It's just that some analysts had higher expectations and then they lowered them." Now as we enter the last month of the third quarter, it seems that Shin might have been right after all when he said that Samsung Galaxy S4 sales were solid.

Samsung Securities, which is a full service investment house, predicts that despite "Galaxy S4′s sluggish initial sales", the manufacturer is expected to sell over 80 million smartphones during the third quarter that ends this month. During the second quarter, the Korean OEM sold 71 million smartphones of which 22 million were the Samsung Galaxy S4. Clearly, the worries about Samsung and its flagship model were over done. The fears that Samsung would ship 7 million Galaxy S4 units monthly instead of the 10 million originally expected, now appears to be paranoia on the part of analysts.

And with the Samsung Galaxy Note III expected to be introduced on Wednesday, the positive sales trend should continue during the fourth quarter. It looks like Samsung never lost its mojo at all.

PhoneArena

so am I right in saying that's now around 45million Galaxy S4s sold so far???
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 15:32
If that is true than it is quite an achievement but they have made the best of phones with this one so it's popularity is not surprising
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 16:13
And the Galaxy Note 3 will be joining it in a matter of hours so Samsung already have the best Android smartphone around and now the best Phablet on the market is nearly here. Exciting times ahead.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 22:20
I just hope the rumours ring true about them using metal on the S5 next year.

If Samsung have the best phone come next spring, i'd like something more than plastic next time around. My S3 is still very nice, but its rear casing is showing signs of age.

Still want some aluminium like my N8.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-04 22:32
Samsung have promised OIS for the GS5 having not put it in the Note III
Phone?? What phone??
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-05 01:55
So, how are the blue screens?
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-05 18:26
Those of you who feel the S600 GS4 I9505 wasnt enough may now very soon get the S800 GALAXY S4 I9506.

Exclusive: Galaxy S4 LTE-A (GT-I9506) specs confirmation and Antutu benchmark screenshots

Our trusted insider just got his hands on a Galaxy S4 LTE-A (GT-I9506) and sent us the specifications of the upcoming Galaxy S4 variant and Antutu benchmark screenshots, as well. Samsung has been working on an LTE-A enabled Galaxy S4 variant for the international market for some months now.

According to our trusted insider, the Galaxy S4 LTE-A (GT-I9506) will feature a 5-inch Full HD (1920×1080) Super AMOLED display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974) CPU clocked at 2.3GHz, Adreno 330 GPU with a clock speed of 450MHz, 2GB of RAM and LTE Advanced (LTE-A) connectivity. Rest of the specifications are exactly the same as of the LTE Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505).

SamMobile

Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-05 23:33
Canaccord: Galaxy S4, Lumia 1020 selling well, BlackBerry 10 sales ‘weak’

BGR

Notice how the Xperia Z and Htc One and Optimus G Pro are now all but forgotten, yet Galaxy S4 is pitted against the very latest S800 Devices and holds its own.

Sony Xperia Z1 vs. LG G2 vs. Samsung Galaxy S4: Downtown showdown

http://is.gd/hgJlfF
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-09-05 22:37 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 10:51
The BBZ10 has dropped to £229 at Carphone Warehouse here in a matter of weeks.
Phone?? What phone??
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 13:19
A drop in Galaxy S4 sales causes Samsung to plan a strategic conference with investors

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]ference-with-investors_id47164

Samsung is a very big company that has an extremely diverse product line including TVs, appliances, and of course mobile products. But, for all of that diversity, Samsung still gets about two-thirds of its profits from mobile devices. So, when Galaxy S4 sales dropped recently, it worried investors and analysts enough that Samsung has planned a strategic conference to talk about the future plans of the company.

Apparently, Samsung's mobile profits have dropped around 13% over the past three months, and that has investors getting a bit antsy. The thinking is that the high-end smartphone market, where Samsung has been pulling in the majority of its profits, has been saturated. The low-end market, especially in emerging markets is where the big growth opportunities are for smartphones, but it is also a more difficult segment from which to generate profits.

With that in mind, Samsung is planning a strategic conference with about 400 investors and analysts in Seoul on November 6 to talk about its longer-term growth strategy. A Samsung executive said about the conference, "It's been a while since we last communicated our longer-term business plan, and this year's event is largely aimed at discussing our latest strategy and vision for 2020."
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-06 13:40
With Samsung's positive Q3 outlook by J.K. Shin, this seems to be WRT the long term more than it is GS4 sales, I'm glad they are being proactive and with the Galaxy Note 3 coming in, they remain in a far better state than any other Android OEM.

If I'm not mistaken they and Apple now split all mobile profits around 50/50 or so, yeah?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 656667 ... 777879  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic