Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Samsung Galaxy S4 announced

Previous  123 ... 585960 ... 777879  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy S4 announced
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-06-28 15:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Would have been a nice addition to their line for those who want a phone with a stylus but with smaller dimensions.

Oh sorry, but I don't love Samsung, the moment another OEM starts making smartphones that are just as well supported in Updates, just as powerful if not more, just as feature packed and with great ergonomics, I may just jump ship, did so from Nokia and Sony/SE, I'll have no problem doing it from Samsung, they are just another manufacturer who at the moment make the best smartphones, in the same way as Apple makes the best tablets, hence why I've got devices from both. "Loving" a manufacturer is something I stopped when I left my teens.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-06-29 00:36

On 2013-06-28 15:09:07, Tsepz_GP wrote:
always entertaining when you're around randomuser.

Tsepz, you're just being humble. It's fun to have randomuser around, but...

On 2013-06-28 13:51:18, Tsepz_GP wrote:
the funny part is either way ill probably get 4.3 on it before any device created by that tier 2 manufacturer you love so much

2nd tier? Classic...

Having not had an Xperia, off the top of my head, the Xperia tablet S got multi-user support on ICS was it? The 2011 Xperias had panorama mode. Swiping on the lock screen to go to the camera. Many other things, especially from the GB to ICS update. Maybe someone else could help me out here.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-06-29 14:35
Yes, 2nd tier.

...whilest you find someone to help you out with that oh so incredible list (no really, I am absolutely blown away, amazed even!), here's what makes Samsung such a gigantic force, seriously, this company is just so efficiently run:

Samsung, not Apple, has the highest subsidies in the mobile market

For a long time, Apple was the king of smartphone subsidies. Apple devices cost the most outright, but always clocked in at that same $199 price point. But, just as Apple lost its crown on market share, there is a new king of smartphone subsidies: Samsung. It probably shouldn't be a surprise of course. Samsung's devices are the hottest on the market, and the top of the line always has the best internals available (even if the outside isn't all that impressive).

According to a new report from market research firm ABI Research, Samsung devices have an absurd 84% subsidy, meaning that carriers cover an average of 84% of the device cost over the terms of a 2-year contract. HTC comes in second with 80% subsidy, and Apple shows up third with a 74% average subsidy.

ABI analyst Nick Spencer sees a dangerous trend in the numbers:
" The smartphone market in particular is entering a new phase focusing on execution and price, rather than innovation and value. Samsung’s scale and supply chain excellence is allowing it to put its competitors under increasing price pressure and win market share. This is a major concern for the rest of the market, especially for smaller, less efficient vendors, as margins will be squeezed and overall market value reduced."

If Spencer is right, that sounds like bad news for competition, and may also cause trouble for upstart platforms like Ubuntu, Firefox, Tizen, and Sailfish.

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]s-in-the-mobile-market_id44672
www.abiresearch.com/press/sam[....]dy-ratio-higher-than-apple-and

Less efficient vendors such as Sony really are in trouble it seems, can't wait to see this supposed "downfall" of Samsung
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-06-29 15:12

I am absolutely blown away

You know features are just phenomenal when Tspez finds them decent amidst fantasising about multi-item clipboards...

Obviously it's efficiently run. Horrendously cheap plastic promises high margins. The same volunteer designer who just scaled the design for almost two straight years. The only costs I can see are the reverse engineers who are awake all night working the second they see a feature they can disguise as their own.

S-beam instead of android-beam. They literally rebranded an already available feature. Innovation.

You are symbolic and representative of all ignorant consumers, the fact that you follow tech but still know so little about it is disturbing. I've never seen iFans in the same category of sheep Samsung fans are.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-06-29 19:19

On 2013-06-29 15:12:18, Away wrote:

I am absolutely blown away

You know features are just phenomenal when Tspez finds them decent amidst fantasising about multi-item clipboards...

Obviously it's efficiently run. Horrendously cheap plastic promises high margins. The same volunteer designer who just scaled the design for almost two straight years. The only costs I can see are the reverse engineers who are awake all night working the second they see a feature they can disguise as their own.

S-beam instead of android-beam. They literally rebranded an already available feature. Innovation.

You are symbolic and representative of all ignorant consumers, the fact that you follow tech but still know so little about it is disturbing. I've never seen iFans in the same category of sheep Samsung fans are.

The fact that you can't even spell my username correctly when it's right in front of you is frankly far more disturbing than your little assumption that I know little about tech.

Saying that you're symbolic or representative of any group would be an utter insult to the others. Your hate for Samsung is on another level
You seem to be more mad about Samsung rebranding Android Beam than Google themselves, if anything, Google were probably fine with it, I suggest you get over it

Your comment about why Samsung is so well run is a true reflection of just how ignorant you are, think you should look in the mirror before throwing personal insults and making final judgements of others.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-06-30 15:30
UK consumers say the Galaxy S4 is the fastest smartphone with best battery life

http://is.gd/ODYthY
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-06-30 16:53
Xperia Z at No.2

You didn't expect that, did you ?
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-06-30 18:36
Whether it comes 2nd or in last I'm never surprised, I'm used to seeing Sony in every other place except 1st place. "Sony came 1st", "Sony has majority market share", "Sony, not Apple, has the highest subsidies in the mobile market", "UK consumers say the Xperia Z is the fastest smartphone with the best battery life" etc... These are the sort of things that would surprise me.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-06-30 18:52
You'll see those soon
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-06-30 19:24
Second place by a second tier manufacturer isn't surprising? So where does that leave Apple, HTC, lg and the others? 3rd tier?
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-06-30 19:38

On 2013-06-30 18:52:30, randomuser wrote:
You'll see those soon

I'll be waiting... Until then, Samsung and Apple will get my money. I'm more than open to another manufacturer though.

On 2013-06-30 19:24:03, Away wrote:
Second place by a second tier manufacturer isn't surprising? So where does that leave Apple, HTC, lg and the others? 3rd tier?

Nope, not at all surprising, even if a Huawei made 2nd place I wouldn't be surprised, if it was a small company or a very new entrant I'd be surprised.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-06-30 18:40 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-06-30 19:53

On 2013-06-29 19:19:18, Tsepz_GP wrote:

Your comment about why Samsung is so well run is a true reflection of just how ignorant you are

Exactly, I really don't see why you pay these forum turds any attention. Most of the time I don't even bother reading their posts.

Away thinks Sony is the best and yet in his own words has never owned an Xperia. Strange.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-06-30 20:46

Away thinks Sony is the best and yet in his own words has never owned an Xperia. Strange.

Do you own the car, property and plane which you find the best? Didn't think so.

Shows the depth of thought of Samsung fans.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-06-30 22:40
And as always your stupid mentality reflects back on yourself.

Theres a wide gap between what you prefer in your dreams and what product you choose between a series of products from rival manufacturers all priced competitively.

Do you honestly think that method of thinking is the same ? you actually think that me deciding whether to buy a S4 or Xperia Z is the same decision as if I was choosing to buy a budget Smart car versus a Bugatti Veyron ?

"Shows the depth of thought of.." YOU.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-07-01 00:20
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy

This should help.

I preferred it when you didn't read my posts.

@Tsepz

What makes Sony a 2nd tier manufacturer when you consider HTC, Samsung, Apple and lg first tier?
[ This Message was edited by: Away on 2013-07-01 00:00 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 585960 ... 777879  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic