Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > First glimpse of what could be the Samsung Galaxy S4

Author First glimpse of what could be the Samsung Galaxy S4
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-03-13 17:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Strange to see a company like Samsung can't produce a nice smartphone. What happen to their designer ? Don't they have any new idea ?

Sony, on the other hand, in every single product they release, it will always be beautiful. It is interesting to see how Sony is capable to come up with attractive design most of the time.

If that is really Samsung GSIV, it seems that the most attractive smartphone for 2013 will be Sony Xperia Z.
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-14 20:01
Full review - in Chinese so I can't read.

http://mobile.it168.com/a2013/0313/1461/000001461394_all.shtml

Samples from the camera look nice (although they don't look radically better than the S3).

Screen looks like it's been improved.

Width is pretty much the same as the S3, it's a bit taller thou, but thinner, weight has increased.

Touchwiz looks pretty much unchanged.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-14 22:02
Someone from Apple has already bashed it

http://www.gsmarena.com/phil_[....]runs_on_dated_os-news-5697.php
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-14 22:52
Starting to wonder whether I should stay up and watch the announcement live stream, with all these leaks just killing the suprise

WRT the design not being as "pretty" as the Z's, well the Nokia N95 wasn't as "pretty" as the K850 either, we also saw the tragic end to that story, nobody other than us really remembers the K850, while the N95 is now a classic and often still spoken about. Design can only get you so far, functionality and ergonomics trump it. The Xperia X10 Was much prettier than the Galaxy S, the Xperia Arc was prettier than the Galaxy S2 and the Xperia S and T were prettier than the Galaxy S3, each time, functionality and ergonomics trumped beauty. The Galaxy S2 remains one of the best selling Androids even getting Android JB, the Arc? Forgotten.

...it seems that the most attractive smartphone for 2013 will be Sony Xperia Z.

I'd say that's stretching it a bit, the Htc One is quite a looker to.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-14 23:10
Well,like going on a date you can have good looks but crap for brains. Samsung phones have great brains inside but bland looks
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-03-14 22:11 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-14 23:17
I'd say marketing trumped the XT. The s2 was the one which did it for Samsung, it gained a lot of fans. The s3 lived off that success. The s4 might be even more successful, but after this, it will go downhill for Samsung.

It's also no longer the solo serious phablet maker.

What goes up must come down.

How can anyone justify a company doing so well and making so much money not bothering to refresh a design, or at least give a decent design?

It's something with little effect? Nope. Although it's not the be all and end all.

It's something difficult to execute? Nope.

Pure laziness (assuming the leaked pics are the real deal).

I remember reading a Samsung exec or someone similar say how Samsung was going to focus a lot more on design. Doesn't seem to be the case.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-14 23:29
The s4 might be even more successful, but after this, it will go downhill for Samsung.

are you some sort of psychic then?

Simply claiming they'll go down after this is pure ignorance, or are you some sort of hooked up insider with their entire product roadmap???

As we speak, Samsung are now tailoring phones for very specific markets, especially here in Africa, and have also made free WiFi deals for their devices in some markets that don't generally have free WiFi all over, this is now a company set on world dominance, it's building up a loyal fanbase, from the low end right up to the very high end, they are paying high attention to detail and spending ridiculous amounts on R&D and Marketing.

They are going anywhere but downhill, the only OEMs that can possibly catch them now is LG or Huawei.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-03-14 23:43

On 2013-03-12 15:14:05, Away wrote:

The s4, if these pics ARE real, which, like last year, I couldn't believe (due to how ugly they were),

The funniest thing ive read all evening.

Keep in mind Samsung didnt get a single leak about the S3 last year out, so you couldnt have thought that back then.

I dont know if this leaked phone is the real deal, but i would be more surprised if it is the real deal. Samsung did a brilliant job of keeping the S3 a secret, so i dont think they'd allow the 4th to be so easily leaked.

Whats even more entertaining is how many anti-Samsung fans are loitering around the forum with the simple motive of to slag off the phone before and during its announcement. Quite sad.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-03-14 23:54
Yeah, those who don't like Samsung spend more energy on them than the rest of us quite strange that jealousy
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-14 23:56

On 2013-03-14 23:54:00, rikken wrote:
Yeah, those who don't like Samsung spend more energy on them than the rest of us quite strange that jealousy

Are you implying that I spend a lot of 'energy' on Samsung? Didn't know a few strokes of the keyboard was so tiring for you, but it isn't for me.

Some of the fake 'leaks' of the S3 ended up looking better than the actual product, which makes that worse.

And I say they will go downhill due to other manufacturers getting back in the game. Surely that wasn't too hard to figure out?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 00:13
Actually i am planning on getting a GS3 Mini Not really into the massive top phones anymore. I don't feel, carrying them around to be honest. Samsung designs are bland but the software and chips are great. Something about the GS3 Mini i just like.

Nokia Lumia 620
AKA,Bonovox
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-03-14 23:17 ]
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 09:34
I believe that Mr. Away really wants a Samsung G S IV but it is so hard for him to admit it
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-03-15 10:34

On 2013-03-14 23:43:27, etaab wrote:
I dont know if this leaked phone is the real deal, but i would be more surprised if it is the real deal. Samsung did a brilliant job of keeping the S3 a secret, so i dont think they'd allow the 4th to be so easily leaked.

Looks like it was the real deal. Samsung managed to "leak" pictures and some specs for this phone ahead of the announcement. Samsung Mobile CEO JK Shin even emphasized the leaks in his introduction speach
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-03-17 22:32
It was indeed. I didnt think it would be, but to be honest, the fact that Samsung very quickly announced the S4 instead of waiting until well after MWC says to me they understand that the competition is getting stronger. Which is only a good thing for us as consumers.

I illustrate this as bad for Samsung. I wouldnt have expected the S4 to be announced until around April or May. I was shocked when they said it would be on 14th March. Last year, the S3 was announced well after the competition and released within the same month.

I think Samsung knew after CES and MWC they needed to bring the S4 announcement forwards asap.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi