Esato

Forum > Network operators > Europe > Where are the other 4G Networks?

Author Where are the other 4G Networks?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-24 12:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Be good if Three would do those signal boxes that Vodafone uses at home to improve signal. It connects to your home broadband but it allows you to make calls too. Will 4G be better signal indoors then?? Where i live i have solid signal on all networks which is nice. Recently i went away to the coast down in Sussex. I found travelling around the Three signal was shit. I often had to resort to flight mode to save battery. But sometimes it can also be the handset used not being very good signal. I often find out of experience HTC handsets have the best antennas
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-02-24 20:32
Three dont have a great network where coverage is concerned imo. My girlfriend who is on EE (was T-mobile) seems to get coverage everywhere she goes - rather annoyingly for me.

Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-24 21:46
Well,unfortunately looks like I shall be leaving the one network I loved for so long. Three very so kindly called me back today & told me the network is now fixed and all will be working again. They told me to remove my sim and and battery and rebooting the phone. Did that and everything is still as slow as hell. Had enough now,even my mobile 'broadband'(why they even have the cheek to call it broadband)is slow too. Have never known it to be so bad. For unlimited internet I shall goto Virgin again maybe

I guess Orange/T Mobile/EE would have good coverage being as it is now one massive network.
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-25 16:25
Gonna hold out bit longer as I called again today and Three said no the work has not finished yet

Nokia Lumia 620
AKA,Bonovox
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-03-03 00:12 ]
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-02-25 18:21
@Sean, your not having much luck there at the moment with 3 let's hope they get it sorted soon.
Brought to you straight from the event horizon of a quantum singularity.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-25 19:17
Yeah ,& never had many issues before lets hope it's new upgrades they been shouting about lately

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Built_for_internetting

DC-HSDPA before LTE
Phone?? What phone??
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-02-25 20:52
Now that does sound interesting, let's hope so mind you the funny thing is my daughter is on 3 and whenever I've checked her download speeds it's never been above 1 mbs
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-25 23:43
That's the thing,I have had 13mbps download speeds on Three's modems it's just the past week or two it's gone like dial up days. It said work going on since 21st till tomorrow. Not holding my breath Oddly enough one of the fastest download speeds I have seen was on O2 Vodafone is pretty good but their 3G coverage is poor in Birmingham. Problem is I see with the networks that they paint an exciting & pretty picture of the new fast network yet the reality is the opposite. Look at EE(stupid name) nothing but problems like a half baked 4G network.
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-02-25 22:48 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-26 17:55
Well,now Vodafone has been said to be the most unreliable network in some places.

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.u[....]ajor-cities-research-suggests/
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-02-27 00:02 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-02 16:44
Finally,after 2 weeks of painfully slow internet Three have resolved the issue. After one customer service rep pushed things forward yesterday it suddenly went really fast again and has been all night and day so far. The HSDPA+ sign is on my screen now before it was not
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-03-02 17:20
Well like i said, you're lucky.

You need to stop jumping ship so much lol.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-03 01:10
Well,i did a speed test and i got 17mbps on the Nokia Lumia 620. That's good enough for me. When Three works it is brilliant. Happy now anyway I always kept calm on the phone to Three. As well as Three i also reported the mast issue to Sitefinder website and they got back to me via email. Days later it's fixed so maybe a push from them also helped.
Phone?? What phone??
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-03-03 10:08
Glad it's all sorted for you now Sean, I might have to pick up one 3's SIM only deals later this year and I liked the way they are going to let everyone use 4G without paying extra, unlike EE, and I was beginning to get a little worried there.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-03 11:14
Yes and the pay as you go deal is brilliant and for a very long time i have got away with using Wi Fi sharing through my pc. They allow it on contract but not pay as you go. Thing is i only do browsing not take the piss streaming/downloading. Think they would only notice if i was abusing the network. And the pay as you go deal is great value. Coverage in towns and cities is great but rural areas and some coastal smaller towns it can be patchy. But i still get coverage in most places. Although recently i was in a town in Sussex with my brother and he had coverage on Vodafone and my phone showed nothing. But it was a really small village.

Nokia Lumia 620
AKA,Bonovox
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-03-03 10:15 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-03-03 16:15
Three is ten years old today here is a video showing all the phones they had

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NDAxzjTfag8
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi