Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Blackberry > BlackBerry Z10 official: 4.2-inch 1,280 x 768 display, 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus LTE

Author BlackBerry Z10 official: 4.2-inch 1,280 x 768 display, 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus LTE
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2013-01-30 17:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
After months of rumors, speculation and official teases, RIM's BlackBerry's first full-touch BlackBerry 10 device the Z10 is finally official.

http://www.esato.com/news/blackberry-q10-and-z10-announced-2398

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2013-03-08 11:04 ]
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-01-30 18:20
It's really not about Z10, it's about BB10. What do you guys think about the new OS. I think it's good but nothing new. I like the swipe flow of the overall UI but notifications has let down big time. Still need to see the phone properly.
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-01-30 19:26
It just smells of too little, too late to me.

Ive never been a fan of BBs, or RIM, I very much doubt their new OS will tempt me either. Clearly they've put thought and effort into it and it will probably be popular with business types again. But with the general public ? Doubtful. Unless you're into organised riots.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-01-30 20:22
Im actually excited by the OS not so much by the hardware, the Z10 is exactly the same design as the Alpha device, i thought they were going to atleast make it look more classy, and have a 4.5inch display, 4.2 is tiny.

Love the true multitasking, here's an OS mini preview by GSMArena:

A look inside the new BlackBerry 10 mobile OS
www.gsmarena.com/a_look_insid[....]rry_10_mobile_os-news-5449.php
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-01-31 03:04

On 2013-01-30 18:20:18, Indiandawg wrote:
It's really not about Z10, it's about BB10. What do you guys think about the new OS. I think it's good but nothing new. I like the swipe flow of the overall UI but notifications has let down big time. Still need to see the phone properly.

I'll try to fairly respond to this and also to etaab's echo of the internet 'too little too late'.

This is more than just about BB10; but if you need full details see my last few posts specific to the entire infrastructure (not an ecosystem but its much more) about this.

what's REALLY new:
1. No other smartphone can compete with word prediction, recognition, substition and autotext (renamed). None!
^ if you've used a BB of old for more than 6mths, especially in a business setting, you'll know what this is vs Android/ iOS/Windows Phone/Symbian (ALL flavors of each mentioned).

2. No other smartphone allows you to a) set 3/4 languages, and b) allow you to type fluently between them, mid-sentence on the fly and correctly adjust the words/phrases properly in context and structure - NONE!!

3. MDM's use a common sales pitch that NEVER is true in real business world use ...
"You can keep corporate data separate from personal data and remove corporate data without affecting person content"
^ Sandboxing is ONLY way to do this on Android, iOS, Windows Phone, or Symbian. GoodTechnologies does this.
I'll define: you get a corporate email with several attachments or just one. You save the attachment. Now said document/file, picture/video/audio is on your mobile device. HOW in the WORLD is the MDM solution to know that its corporate or personal without sandboxing?! BES10 will do this for iOS/Android/Windows Phone just like GoodTechnologies. However ... on BB10 the kernel of the OS being QNX can identify and "house" said content with markers - if you will (tags for lamen terms) of personal/business content - irregardless of where you save this! You can combine IT Policy's to specifically restrict ALL apps/RIM's or 3rd party to not access your Contacts = either AT ALL, ALL allowed, or specify with prompt on each connect for you to select 1 or multiple to be allowed. This is system wide. I can restrict BOX.net/SkyDrive/DropBox/Twitter/Wordpress etc from accessing corporate attachments, forwarding emails, or saving content to upload to unauthorized servers. now ... this can be done as well by the end user for personal content!
This has NEVER been done before by any other manufacturer or OS vendor - YES not even Google.

4. The kernel allows for a specific component to crash and restart without affecting other components:
So the WiFi stack fails for whatever reason .. it crashes (its not really an app you can interact with per say a setting switch really) it gets auto rebooted - does this affect your file upload to dropbox? not when you have HSPA/4G/EDGE/GPRS data connectivity, nor does this affect you accessing files.

5. Applications or services have API's that are accessible by the core OS by default which you can control ~ even for consumers.

6. Media Library for purchase/rent matches iTunes plethora of content even some underground content that iTunes misses is available (try a search). iTunes still is the premier of only content for purchase - bittorrent and irc etc well we know about that loveliness .

7. RIM is using QNX far beyond BB10 ... its an infrastructure and its not just in cars but also the US Military ... their drones use this Real-Time Kernel (don't believe me, goto qnx's home page & look it up).

Does any know of ANY other NON networking company with an infrastructure tied into more than 200 wireless carriers?!
(Ericsson, Siemen's Nokia, Motorola, etc make the networks that global/regional wireless carriers run on ... yet RIM has APN's/GGSN's that combine not just to carriers or to RIM's NOC but also to internet services - think standard protocol's allow RIM to querry/verify/bind to a POP3/IMAP web based email account. (telnet is just the start of how this is done)

The last paragraph above is not new RIM has been doing this for other 15yrs; and is still a leader of immense efficiency. Now combine this with the paragraph below and think GPS telemetry, driving, MMI mapping systems, think elderly falling in the house and injured auto assistant calls, siezure from children, severe allergies (peanut's with kids needing an Epipen; fridge having sensors with any food placed in a region tagged for this and when removed has code yellow alert for monitoring and if a kid drops heart rate drops ... emergency call is contacted (what if you're late coming home due to multiple streams of traffic that the NOC or just routes couldn't avoid)?!??

Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that Lenovo is STUPID for being interested in purchasing RIM at a time when their stock is DOUBLE of what their lowest firesale price was just 3mths ago?! The bigger question is a) will the Canadian Federal Gov't allow such a sale to a foreign company with so much security with other nations/content at stake? b) will the USA Gov't whom uses BB's allow it?! Doubtful. If RIM fails you can be sure a huge stake will be purchased by Gov and then sold off to Canadian companies for the sensitive stuff.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2013-01-31 10:46
Blackberry Z10 is Available in the U.K from tomorrow (friday 1st Feb) from £50 on a 24-month 4G contract.

http://us.blackberry.com/smar[....]ackberryz10&lpos=us:bb:devices

julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2013-01-31 10:57
And available from today @ CarphoneWarehouse : Pay monthlyFREE phone from £36 per month Upgrades FREE phone from £36 per month and SIM free £479.95

http://www.carphonewarehouse.[....]LACKBERRY-Z10?colourCode=WHITE
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2013-01-31 16:56
After UIQ, webOS and Meego this is definitely my favourite OS.

I, however, feel RIM... err, I meant to say BlackBerry, still has a few more firmware updates to completely make this the best OS available. At this stage it just matches the others, though in some areas it is better.

Can't wait for experiencing what I consider a superior OS.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-02-01 00:47
If you wonder why the BlackBerry OS was delayed twice, the RIM European Managing Director has the answer to that. Or maybe not

http://youtu.be/V5l8bdaOMaA
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-04 17:57
Every store I go into the staff say they are overwhelmed with customers wanting the new BB phones
[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2013-02-06 21:21 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-02-21 17:37
BlackBerry Z10 GSMArena battery test:
The BlackBerry Z10 gets an endurance rating of 46 hours, meaning that’s how long you can go between charges if you do an hour each of calling, browsing and watching videos. That should be enough for two full days of usage, or one full day for heavier usage.

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2013-03-08 21:46 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-02-21 22:31
And a few other sites said battery was crap My question is why does the Q10 have a larger battery??
[ This Message was edited by: Sean72 on 2013-02-21 21:32 ]
Phone?? What phone??
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-03-08 10:25
I have the Z10, amazing device. Very fast and smooth. Battery life sucks if LTE (4G) is enabled, like any other 4G phone. Turning that off makes the phone last 2 days.

The Q10 is supposed to have a 2,000mAh battery.
"Haters are just confused Admirers" My Website
Foro.DO Facebook Group at http://www.facebook.com/groups/esato/

BBM: 2B5E52DF
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-03-08 11:37
Not that I plan on getting it but this phone has really grown on me, wouldn't mind it as a spare phone, sucks that Instagram won't be making an app for it just yet.
fbloise
Nokia 808 PureView
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-03-09 11:43

Is a beautiful phone!

One thing: you can sideload android apps, instagram included. I have it on mine
"Haters are just confused Admirers" My Website