Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > IPhone Suppliers Decline on Report Orders Cut by 50%

Author IPhone Suppliers Decline on Report Orders Cut by 50%
tohapply
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 08:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I CANNOT believe this is true. Sad
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 09:59
Woundn't call it sad, just the fact that people are now slowely waking up to the fact that the iphone isn't that great anymore and better phones are out there now.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 11:10
Is this true though ? I'd like to hear it from Apple themselves. It may not even relate to people straying away rather those people cannot afford an overpriced iPhone or are locked into a contract with a rival product.

Also this time of year is usually slow for sales anyway following large Christmas spending.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 13:21
It could be that they are sourcing displays from another supplier. However, I would go as far as to say that the latest iPhone hasn't been as well received as previous incarnations and it come with a lot of bad publicity such as the farcical maps episode and scuff-gate etc.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 14:37
The scuffing is a real issue. I saw a work colleague's 5 yesterday and it was battered. It looked like a two year old phone. Mind you I think he keeps it in his pocket with his keys so what can you expect.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 15:12

On 2013-01-15 14:37:06, etaab wrote:
The scuffing is a real issue. I saw a work colleague's 5 yesterday and it was battered. It looked like a two year old phone. Mind you I think he keeps it in his pocket with his keys so what can you expect.

I can never understand people that do this. A £500 gadget sharing your pocket with keys, money etc.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 15:22
Me neither but most people who just see their phone as just a phone and appreciate all of its functionality are what makes up the majority of the worlds consumers.

I personally take great care of all my phones and protect them as much as possible.

Sadly it sounds like the iPhone 5 scuffs whether looked after or not.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 15:24

On 2013-01-15 08:37:56, tohapply wrote:
I CANNOT believe this is true. Sad

It would be helpful if you posted a link to the article you got this from when you create topics like this.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 21:56
iPhone 5 Demand Is Doing Just Fine, Don’t Worry About The Supply Cuts (Analyst)
Earlier this week, The Wall Street Journal reported that Apple has cut its iPhone 5 component orders by as much as half following “weaker-than-expected” demand for device. The news sent Apple’s stock price plummeting, but according to some analysts, there’s nothing to worry about. iPhone 5 demand is doing just fine, according to Sterne Agee’s Shaw Wu, and the component cuts are in no way related to poor demand.
Rather than a result of weak demand, Wu insists Apple’s component cuts are simply due to ”much improved yields meaning lower component builds and supplier shifts.”
“As far as we can tell, iPhone 5 demand remains robust,” Wu added.
Baird analyst William Power said much the same thing in a note to investors today, CNET reports. In fact, Power announced he was ”actually raising our calendar fourth quarter iPhone forecast slightly,” adding that “most demand indicators remain favorable.”
So why has there been so much panic about this supposed weak iPhone 5 demand? Well, according to sources for WSJ, Apple has cut its iPhone 5 display orders by as much as half. Other component orders have been reduced as well. Many felt this was a sign that iPhone 5 demand had dropped following its impressive start, and that Apple wasn’t selling as many units as it had initially anticipated.
The report was damaging to Apple’s stock price, sending it sliding from down 3.6% to $501.75. At one point on Monday, it briefly fell below $500 for the first time since last February.
Now analysts are quickly trying to clear up the confusion and dismiss these reports as false. WSJ’s report had suggested that the component cuts could have been related to better yield rates, and it appears that’s more likely to be the case. Whether or not Apple’s share price will rise again following this news remains to be seen.

http://www.cultofmac.com/2103[....]about-the-supply-cuts-analyst/

What I am getting from all this is that people are in such a rush for Apple to begin falling that even the tinniest indication of possibly lower sales has them going wild with reports of poor demand etc... Apples share price really has suffered due to all this, kind of makes one nervous about going public with their company, it's a slave to the media.
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2013-01-15 23:33
Well i disagree their is definitely a decline in iphone sales even phone shops will tell you that.Just last week one of my friends went to buy a new contract phone and had no interest in the iphone and wanted a GSIII but the phone shop insisted he buy a iphone but my friend clearlly told them he wanted a GSIII but the phone shop kept insisting and why it was better and in the end he gave in to them and they sold him the cheapest tariff with free insurance and free iphone 5 nothing upfront and this was from phones4u.
[ This Message was edited by: julias on 2013-01-15 22:55 ]
tohapply
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-16 09:50
Well, in my heart iPhone is the best mobile.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2013-01-17 02:08
Is it your first mobile you've owned ?
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-01-17 21:07
IPHONE’S MARKET SHARE SAID TO PEAK IN 2013, REMAIN FLAT UNTIL 2018

Smartphones are predicted to account for half of all handset shipments in 2014 and are estimated to increase to 69% over the next five years. Despite the expanding market, however, Apple (AAPL), like many others, will apparently be unable to keep pace with Samsung (005930). According to a report from ABI Research, Apple’s smartphone market share is expected to peak at 22% this year and remain flat through 2018.

“Barring an unlikely collapse in Samsung’s business, even Apple will be chasing Samsung’s technology, software, and device leadership in 2013 through the foreseeable future,” said senior analyst Michael Morgan.

On the back of Android, Samsung’s market share has increased from 8% in 2010 to 30% in 2012. The firm notes that Samsung is so massive that the future of the mobile OS landscape will be heavily influenced by the products it releases.

ABI Research expects growth in the industry to be driven by “the rapidly growing low-cost smartphone segment.” The firm estimates that by 2018, smartphones that are offered for less than $250 will account for 62% of all smartphone shipments.

Apple is rumored to be planning a cheaper iPhone that could help the company further compete with Samsung and capitalize on the low-end market. Until such a device is announced, however, Apple’s market share is expected to suffer.

http://bgr.com/2013/01/17/iphone-market-share-294134/
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2013-01-18 06:40
Is a possible low end iPhone the key though?
Did Steve Jobs have this in mind to develop
I mean I read somewhere Steve did not want to
Bring out the iPad mini but apple have now maybe the
Loss of Steve has made consumers turn elsewhere
Also some of the facts above being the maps and scuffing
Of iPhone 5 may suggest this
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi