This is a good watch

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_-voVE2bVYw
Phone?? What phone??
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 02:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm using samsung S3 currently (its a free gift) and got it a month ago..... and I'm going to sell it later and buy Xperia Z. To be honest, I don't like it. I know I didn't like galaxy note and the previous samsung galaxy and hoping to like galaxy SIII....but I can't. I really don't like it.

I don't like the look of it. I know this is subjective...but oh boy, to me its ugly. The dialer screen starts after 3 seconds, the contacts load up in 3 seconds. I thought by using quad core, they should load instantly. Maybe my expectation on quad core device is too high and this is why I really like Windows Phone. Everything loads up instantly within 1 second or less. I always say this...windowsphone is damn fast even using a single core. Perhaps its due to the OS.

Anyway, I'm hoping Xperia Z will be snappy than Samsung Galaxy SIII...as what I've experience, given the same specifications, Sony's phone is faster and snappy than Samsung.
jesonk
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 04:19

On 2013-01-13 23:06:17, etaab wrote:
Clearly you guys who're so quick to defend this phone arent into phones as much as many of us here on Esato.

What you call a useless gimmick, i use often. I watch a lot of video podcasts on my phone that i download and often find it necessary to send a text. Ive been asking for multitasking capabilities like pop-up play for many years. What you find a silly gimmick, i find innovative. For once, something i envisaged years ago made it to the market.

Name one piece of innovation Sony has brought to the market since dropping Ericsson ? They've done nothing. Their only device which has stood out from the rest is the Xperia Play.

Hell, more recently since updating again (how many Sony phones are still stuck on ICS??) ive been using multiwindow on my SGS3. Something yet again i find very useful. I love being able to have two windows open on the same screen. Something which was brilliant only on Friday evening when i had Google maps on whilst stuck in traffic 6 miles from the road accident which caused the congestion. Whilst i was doing that i also had messaging open with voice input.

Xperia Z huh. Or Xperia ZZzzzzzz ??

I really don't get it. Based on what criteria can you judge that we aren't into phones like the you or others at esato? Because we signed up late on Esato? Because we don't post often? Or because we said something positive about a really good phone? Please enlighten us. Or maybe you can read our minds or have secret cameras rigged at our homes. You frankly have no clue about how much any one is into phones or not into phones, you really can't. What do I infer from the fact that you jumped so quickly into defending a Samsung phone, just because of the two words "useless gimmick" and that you come to a Sony phone's thread and try so hard to mock it? When ironically, the general public and the reviewers are having very positive opinions about it. Heck, even Eldar has praised it, to the extent that he sounds almost like a fanboy.

Innovation by Sony? How about HDR video recording? At least on paper, this should make videos much more watchable when the scene has a large dynamic range, such as outdoor scenes with bright sunlight and lot of shadows. There should not be any under-exposure or over-exposure, wherein details from a significant part of the scene is lost. While the waterproof and dustproof feature is not an innovation at all. The fact that they have added this feature without compromising design is commendable. There are not many innovations these days in the mobile phone world. Even companies like Apple have nothing new to show. People were going ga-ga when siri was introduced and other manufacturers quickly jumped into the voice-based personal assistants bandwagon. But do people really care about it now? The only place I see them being used is youtube videos. Of course some might use it occasionally, for genuinely useful purposes. But it is not that big a feature as some of the phone manufacturers might have you believe.

I'm not sure if you really find the pop-up play feature useful or you're just trying to prove a point. I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume that you actually find it useful. I can't understand how people can watch a video and do something else simultaneously. Maybe you can do it, but I can't do that on a desktop let alone on a phone with a 4.8 screen. The only time I would probably use this feature is when I show off the phone's processing prowess to my friends. I do agree that multi-window can be a little useful, but it is not a deal breaker. It is not going to significantly change the way most people use their phones.

Just think how bad you guys would feel if you wasted money on this phone and within a couple of months HTC and Samsung will both release their 2013 flagships which will wipe the floor with it with spec on its spec sheet ?

What would be better or faster in these phones? The processor maybe? HTC will supposedly use a quad core Krait processor clocked at 1.7 Ghz. I haven't heard much of it, but it could be the same processor used in Xperia Z, just clocked a little higher. Samsung will probably use the new Exynos Octa processor, which as everyone knows will just be running 4 cores at any given time and not all 8 as some people might make us believe. A15 cores should definitely be faster than the current Krait cores, but the difference will not be day and night. Will these phones wipe the floor with Xperia Z? Far from it. This is just an example of exaggeration. You want an example of wiping the floor? Any phone using the new quad core atom processor from intel will wipe the floor clean with any of these phones, in terms of raw power.
[ This Message was edited by: jesonk on 2013-01-14 07:21 ]
jesonk
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 04:29

On 2013-01-13 23:27:06, rikken wrote:
If the Xperia Z had mulitiwindow, pop-up play, smart-stay, smart call and all the new features on the S III and the Note II people here would applause it . . . . . .

Nope, I guess people here wouldn't care about those features at all. I would prefer a waterproof body, HDR video recording, good music playback capabilities over any of these features.
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 04:47

On 2013-01-14 04:29:24, jesonk wrote:

On 2013-01-13 23:27:06, rikken wrote:
If the Xperia Z had mulitiwindow, pop-up play, smart-stay, smart call and all the new features on the S III and the Note II people here would applause it . . . . . .

Nope, I guess people here wouldn't care about those features at all. I would prefer a waterproof body, HDR video recording, good music playback capabilities over any of these features.

That's true!

But we welcome innovation, small or big enough it does not matter. I don't know about others but I personally do love Samsung and without any denial S3 proved Android is the best OS.

I guess we all should concentrate on Xperia Z and not Sony Vs Samsung but then I'm no one to stop

@Karun Can you tell me who told you about the early Feb & March 1st release in India? Do you have any information about the price?

T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 04:56
karun & IndianDawg, very solid info regarding Z pricing & availability in India.

Availibility - March
Price - 34490 for retailers, so street price would be 35990 or 36490. MRP maybe 37990.

@TOPIC

Guys, please don't argue with Samsung fanboys. And Samsung fanboys, we get it you don't like this phone so kindly do not post in this thread with an intention to disrupt the healthy discussion going on among people who are actually going to buy the Z !!!
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-01-14 04:05 ]
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 05:01
I can't agree more!

Please guys, try to stay on topic and don't let the passion ruin the thread. There are other threads where you can keep the arguments of what the S3 or any other Samsung product have done.

On 2013-01-14 04:47:02, Indiandawg wrote:

I guess we all should concentrate on Xperia Z and not Sony Vs Samsung but then I'm no one to stop

I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
jesonk
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 05:02

On 2013-01-14 04:56:12, randomuser wrote:
karun, very solid info regarding Z pricing & availability in India.

Availibility - March
Price - 34490 for retailers, so street price would be 35990 or 36490. MRP maybe 37990.

If true, that's a very reasonable price, considering the fact that Lumia 920's MRP is 38,199, the S3 and the One X+ launched at 43,180 and 40,190 respectively. It should only be 2-3k more than the S3 or One X+ when it releases. I'm actually willing to pay even slightly more than 40k for this phone.
[ This Message was edited by: jesonk on 2013-01-14 04:08 ]
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 05:18

On 2013-01-14 04:56:12, randomuser wrote:
karun & IndianDawg, very solid info regarding Z pricing & availability in India.

Availibility - March

@TOPIC

Guys, please don't argue with Samsung fanboys. And Samsung fanboys, we get it you don't like this phone so kindly do not post in this thread with an intention to disrupt the healthy discussion going on among people who are actually going to buy the Z !!!
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-01-14 04:05 ]

Great. I just didn't wanted INR40,000+

Can't wait to get Xperia Z
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 06:30
OMG. Looks like Z is well on its way to become No.1 most popular device on GSMArena Only 10k difference now between Z and MicroMax A110. 3 days back difference was 40k
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 06:38

On 2013-01-14 06:30:41, randomuser wrote:
OMG. Looks like Z is well on its way to become No.1 most popular device on GSMArena Only 10k difference now between Z and MicroMax A110. 3 days back difference was 40k

Been keeping an eye on as many websites as possible for comments on the Z and ZL and yeah the overwhelming opinion is that Sony has a true winner here.

While I liked other devices like the S an T, this is the first Sony phone that's made me say, "I want to spend my money on that!" Yes I do own an x10a right now, but honestly I got it before I cared about cell phones and it was the best one at the Rogers store I went to at the time I don't care what I have to do, the white Z shall be mine!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 06:54

On 2013-01-13 23:48:56, DSF wrote:
Away dude! The truth is that Sony became somehow a basic manufacturer.. same as HTC.
I was a SE fan.. and waited for a great Android smartphone from Sony for years.. that didn't happen.

Samsung revolutionized the Android world with the launch of Galaxy S series. Both in terms of hardware and software optimization. Remember that days when the browser was fluid on Galaxy S and pathetic on other Android phones? Ha?
[ This Message was edited by: DSF on 2013-01-13 22:50 ]

I even forgot about this, i remember they were also the 1st manufacturer to optimize the browser to use the GPU for Adobe Flash and so had the 1st phone that could run HD1080P@30FPS flash video without a hitch, namely the Galaxy S2.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 06:58
AFAIK the title of this thread is Xperia Z officially announced and NOT Discuss how great you think Samsung is
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-01-14 05:58 ]
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 07:04
I hate to go further off topic, but since the subject of Samsung has come up I must ask. What is it that the GS4 is expected to bring to the table? From what I understand, it's supposed to have a more powerful processor and a stylus, but I haven't heard anything beyond that. There will of course be Samsungs own unique software implementations. So what else?

New, unique designs?

EDIT.
Just saw randoms post above, lol. Well... nevermind...
[ This Message was edited by: vivftp on 2013-01-14 06:06 ]
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2013-01-14 07:06

On 2013-01-14 06:30:41, randomuser wrote:

LOL how come stupid micromax has so many hits
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 161718 ... 220221222  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic