Previous  12
Author iMac chrashed
flashwel_mac
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2013-01-02 22:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-11-30 00:14:00, hihihans wrote:
This evening while browsing Facebook on Chrome my iMac froze. No spinner and no mouse action.

Restart with the power button gave the start-up sound and you can hear the disk ratlle. That's it.

No sign of life on the screen. Pressing a key gives a sound but nothing happens.

It's an Intel iMac 17" dualcore 1.8ghz. Last month I replaced one of the 512mb cards for a 2gb.

On 2012-11-30 00:14:00, hihihans wrote:
This evening while browsing Facebook on Chrome my iMac froze. No spinner and no mouse action.

Restart with the power button gave the start-up sound and you can hear the disk ratlle. That's it.

No sign of life on the screen. Pressing a key gives a sound but nothing happens.

It's an Intel iMac 17" dualcore 1.8ghz. Last month I replaced one of the 512mb cards for a 2gb.

This is most likely (white) 17" Intel mac pre Alum model , This are not possible and all mod like all white iMac 17, 20,24 model.This include G3,G4,G5 iMac.
Only 20,24,27 "iMac" Alum iMac mid 2007/09 20" - 24"mid 2007,Early 2009 , - late 2009/ 11 -21" 27" can modified which specific cpu and specific type graphic card they required TYPE_MMX2 & TYPE_A (This is required specific models memory for example DDR5 which differ from laptop memory and mod required specific equipment do this.The requirement necessary due bios requirements this not black arts but complex engineering of specific machine you used model card
20-24 21-27 but upgrade requirements means beef up power requirements soldering skill and know electronic principle
and engineering how power supply works. New iMac is different beast altogether slimmer no dvd, upgrade ?? with exempt 27" where memory upgrade available at price New Ivy Bridge Interface Better GPU Nvdvia Faster CPU QUAD core. (( Thunderbolt)) is a replacement for firewire a/b , replacements minidvi minidisplay universal port new technology If decide purchase max out, as this not user upgrade. Do you research as future model no longer for people be modify. alternative android smart pad ,ipad3 best luck
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-01-02 23:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
yep, that's the one. I'm not really interested in the latest iMac. I prefer the model before, I'm not ready to live without a dvd-drive.
My wife ordered new glasses so funds are low now.
I'll find a way, may take a while but I'm determined to get it running again
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi