Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Cameraphone night time photography

Author Cameraphone night time photography
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-12-09 16:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My Xperia P died,so for time being I have a HTC Radar. A great device with a 2.2 lens with BSI sensor. Now,with poorer camera phones I know how to get the best out of what it can do. It is ok in sunlight but night time can be noisy. The street shot was done on auto which I think looks ok. Some phones seem to do well in auto & the Radar has a very fast shutter no lag. The other shot with is Cadbury shop at night was done on ISO 800. For some reason the Radar has no night mode just ISO etc. But as average as the camera is it don't do too bad. Great performance & battery life though

Original

Original
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-12-09 15:24 ]
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-12-09 19:12
So how did the P die ??

Not bad shots but not impressive. They're still much better than mine shot with a bloody N8 aswel !
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-12-09 20:18
Just woke up one morning and it had zero life from a fully charged battery. Just flashed a light at the top. Waiting for refund. Anyway,yes the HTC like most phones is better in sunlight. If you zoom in they tend to look like an oil painting
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-12-10 18:16
Im just waiting now for my 4.1.2 update on my SGS3 which apparently brings a low light function in the camera which removes all noise and boosts image quality. According the GSM arena, its fantastic.

We'll see when i get mine.
ILoveBhe
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2012-12-14 23:48

On 2012-12-06 19:27:38, etaab wrote:
@ ILoveBhe - very beautiful pictures. Thats what im talking about. I really want a 808.

Did you need a tripod to get those shots ?? the massive detail and complete lack of noise in those pictures is amazing!
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2012-12-06 18:31 ]

Thank you Etaab, i only used the tripod on the lady. While the rest, i improvised, found some solid platform to support my hands.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-12-15 00:30

Original
Done on auto but I need a better camera phone soon radar great phone but average camera but not too bad in sunlight
Phone?? What phone??
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-12-15 00:42
Yeah, your phone is a week now and it is getting "old"
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-12-15 01:03
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-12-15 21:35
Well ive not had any time recently due to work to get more test shots but i'll try in the coming days.

Everywhere i go i see the numbers 808 in that order. Prices is shops, when people stop me to ask the time, all sorts, I think someones trying to tell me something.
xiaoness
Samsung Galaxy S III
PM
Posted: 2012-12-16 20:36
@etaab Still not too sure about JB's new Low Light shooting mode. Had a christening party to attend and had a chance to fiddle with it. It's still more of a hit and miss even when using the Low Light mode, plus rendering time is slower (as expected) so when the subject moves even just a wee bit, the image is blurry.

(Crappy) Comparison photos using full auto mode and flash, and low light shooting mode:

Full auto:

Original

Low Light mode:

Original

I also tried a couple of the separate Night Mode, but pictures turned out too orange for some reason.

When my tripod gets on its lazy ass and decides to arrive here (before the year ends, hopefully), I'll try and do more comparison shots.
Celebrating all the wonderful women in our lives! Join March's Phone Shootout Competition!

N00b Mobile Photographer Extraordinaire!
|Sony Ericsson K750i|Sony Ericsson Aino
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-12-16 22:10
Well for portrait shots i dont expect any phone to be able to compete with a phone using a xenon flash. Im still waiting for my phone to get 4.1.2 funnily enough. For some reason its not available on kies or OTA.

xiaoness
Samsung Galaxy S III
PM
Posted: 2012-12-16 22:19
@etaab That's true. I'll concede that the low light mode DID manage to enhance visibility of the dark background. I'll wait for my tripod and test the different settings indoors.

(For the update, I couldn't stand waiting, too, so I just flashed a custom ROM. XD)
Celebrating all the wonderful women in our lives! Join March's Phone Shootout Competition!

N00b Mobile Photographer Extraordinaire!
|Sony Ericsson K750i|Sony Ericsson Aino
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-12-16 22:39
Well my girlfriend has ordered me a tripod for Christmas so hopefully it'll help my shooting skills at night.

The thing is she often goes for the cheapest option which turns out to be, well.. cheap. I asked for a car phone holder two years ago and the one she got me was terrible and snapped almost instantly because my Nokia N8 was too wide for it.
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2012-12-16 23:01
I hope she learned from it.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-12-17 22:30
Doubt it, she does everything on the cheap and it always backfires on her or me.

She recently had her car engines head gasket fixed.. by a friend..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi