Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2013-07-18 00:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The iPad 4 is the only product from Apple that I really love. Fast, smooth, efficient and effective.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-07-18 17:34
Same here SK

I remember being asked if I wanted it, decided to say yes, and it's been such a fantastic device from battery life, media, all kinds of content (books, magazines, guides), to helping me with my uni assignments, it's been awesome I barely of ever use my Galaxy Tab10.1 anymore, think I should just give it to a relative, have no use for it.

If its one area where iOS destroys everything that's trying to compete its in the tablet scene, I simply cannot fault this, the sheer amount of content optimized just for iPad eclipses everything else, it's actually quite scary, the way app/game devs and website developers treat it, you'd swear its the only tablet that exists.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-07-18 16:37 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2013-07-18 19:16
Tsepz- Yes the iPad gets attention as if it is the only tablet available. I keep wondering why Samsung does not make a better tablet with all the firepower that they have that is, fiances, software and hardware manufacturing ability and better compete. I bought a couple of the Galaxy tabs and I was never impressed with either the feel or software of them. They simply felt like fake stuff.

The iPad 4 feels like the real deal and is ahead of the competition when it comes to content and ease of use. I have an Acer A500 that feels like a joke. Months go sometimes before I remember it.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-07-31 19:05
It's a tough one SK, I also don't understand why Android tablets just aren't as polished as the iPad or atleast as polished as their Smartphone counterparts, even the Nexus 7, the most pure Android tablet is just not up to scratch.

Anyway, finally got a data sim for my iPad4, so now I can use it more freely out the house. Jumping between WiFi and HSPA+ does take its toll on battery though. Used it heavily and got 4days:

Still thoroughly enjoying this beast, I just wish Vine and Instagram would make dedicated apps for it, as I can imagine they would make some incredible apps and it would be even more enjoyable to watch Vines and Instagram pics and vids on this gorgeous display.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-08-18 20:43
So yesterday I used my iPad to browse the web, play some music and also to tick off the grocery list when I went grocery shopping, I then dropped everything at home and went to a mates house, seeing as I was not going to need my iPad I threw it into my car's seat pocket behind the front passenger seat and left it there till tonight, I only remembered it this evening as I was driving back home from my mate's, I heard the email notification and I was like "WTF!?", got home and pulled it out, I come in, open it up and guess where the battery is?

RIDICULOUS
iOS is unbelievably frugal, I know that, but geeeeez, the entire time my iPad had WiFi on and it was also on HSPA+, when I looked at the lock screen it had a whole lot of notifications as it should, from Yahoo! Sports monitoring yesterday's Man United game, and today's Chelsea game, to Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal, CNN headlines, as well as Emails, Instagram, Twiter mentions, FB and Pinterest notifications etc.... So it was brought in and out of sleep many times, yet all this going on only took 1% battery had this been an Android it would be sitting anywhere between 75-85%.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-09-19 13:23
iOS7 has given quite a speed boost in terms of graphics, ran 3DMark and here are scores on iOS6 and iOS7.

iOS6

iOS7
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-12-21 23:58
Anyone using Opera's Coast browser? The browser made for the iPad? Updated it today and decided to give it a go as I've barely used it since installation. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how fast it is, how fluid and consistent the UI is and how convenient this browser is to use. Going to use it as my main browser for a while, it does seem to be a bit heavier on battery than Safari, but let's see how it goes overtime, so far Opera have done a great job I think
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-12-28 15:46
So the South African AppStore recently began allowing Game purchases, so the other day I gave the games available a look and I have developed a sort of iPad Gaming addiction, particularly with Asphalt 8 Airborne, it looks magnificent on the large Retina Display and the powerful PowerVR SGX554MP4 Quad GPU shows not even the slightest bit of strain. I've also got GT Racing, Real Racing 3, Angry Birds Go, Angry Birds Star Wars II, and I'm now freeing up space with the Mac (because stupid iOS doesn't allow deleting music in the Music app) so I can download GTA Vice City and San Andreas. Never thought I'd take to mobile gaming, I had a Sony PSP when they were still "in", barely used it though, and when I do play games on my GS4 it's for short periods, 10-20mins Max in a week.

I honestly think tablets at some point may be the main battle ground if not already for game companies, pair an iPad or Samsung Galaxy Note tab with a game pad and you have the perfect mobile gaming setup.

A few screenshots:

Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-03-18 14:19
Apple has brought back the iPad 4 and discontinued the iPad 2:

Apple discontinues iPad 2, brings back iPad 4 at $399 to replace it

BGR

This makes the iPad 4 probably the best value for money 9-10inch tablet around, it has a ton of software optimized for it's hi-res display, it runs smoother than any Android tablet around on iOS 7.1, it's kept right up to date with its A7 successor and should be supported for another 18months or so.

Just checked the Apple Store, great deal:

Must say I've been very happy with iOS 7.1 on my iPad, the speedy and smoothness is just so unbelievable, I even comfortably used OliveOffice HD to do some editing to some uni assignments last week, I was tempted to try doing the entire project on it.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-03-18 21:24
iOS. 7.1 I has been very stable on my iPad Air as well. However I am now getting tab reloads in Safari now which are very annoying. I don't remember ever getting that on my one year old Samsung Note 8.0....,
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-03-18 20:25 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-03-18 22:11
Oh crap, tab reloads are still there??! Haven't had yet, I'll be livid if I do it does happen as so far this,has been the best iOS 7 version.
How's the battery life on your Air? Seems to have improved from iOS7.0.6 on my 4, but some are reporting worse battery life
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-03-18 22:47
Battery life seems fine definitely not worst. In terms of tabs reload they only appeared so far when I was trying to post to a forum, had 3 tabs open and was trying to copy and paste....very annoying. But when I am doing normal browsing it seems fine
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-04-04 12:29
I'm now using Coast by Opera as my main browser, less tab reloads and it runs so fast and fluid, I'm thoroughly impressed by the amount of effort Opera put in to this, such a shame no other platform gets to enjoy this unique product by them, it is also ridiculously frugal on resources, I sat browsing heavily on it for a good hour and my battery just sat at 100%

Coast by Opera

Battery life on iOS 7.1 is ridiculously good
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-03 23:08
Updated to iOS 8 a few days ago, 8.0.2 to be exact, still running nicely, although I do notice some dropped frames every now and then, much like in the early builds of iOS 7, so looks like Apple will be doing some refining over the next few months.

Overall?
Very happy with my iPad 4, can't belive I got this thing in late 2012, it's over 1.5years old and still running very well and has proven to be quite an important tool for me at work in terms of calender, web browsing, gaming when bored etc... Especially with its ludicrously long battery life. I hate Microsoft Windows and my work laptop is using W7, so it is very refreshing each time I look at my iPad, as that is what I use to keep up with meetings and so on, the ios calender is just amazing, how quickly it updates itself when meetings get cancelled and rearranged etc.. True workhorse although as with anything in iOS it has its limits, but what it does it does beautifully. I'm loving the extensions in iOS8 and looking forward to what more we will get as developers update their apps and add more iOS 8 features.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi