Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 636465 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-17 20:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Also, what happened to the Xperia duo we saw the middle of 2011?

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]supposed-first-picture-leaked/
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-11-17 21:36

On 2012-11-17 20:53:11, Felimenta97 wrote:
Also, what happened to the Xperia duo we saw the middle of 2011?

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]supposed-first-picture-leaked/

I think Xperia DUO was fake,when someone could easily fake a Xperia Nexus why not duo.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 04:57
True. Those specs are good for dreaming, but won't turn into reality anytime soon or ever.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 06:05
@ vikeviki

Damn son, why not tell them to toss in a Cell processor so that it can replace the PS3?

lol, I'd love something like that too, but unfortunately reality has a way of keeping us grounded Given what we've seen of Yuga and comparing it to the other smartphones in the market as of right now, it very well could be Sonys chance to finally have an absolutely top of the heap device that no one can touch. This is of course provided that the leaks and rumours are true, that Sony can push it out in a timely manner, and that no one else comes from out of nowhere to steal their limelight.

Lotta variables there, and CES can't come fast enough.
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 06:22
@Felimenta,thanks man as its rumour thread,i dreamed about my phone thanks for the nice reply,i know randomuser its just fantasy.unless and until better phone leaks come thread will be in no good mood:) and vivftp oh sorry we can add better cell processor like PSP Vita
@xyz i need Sony should beat Sammy and fruit with killer features.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 06:53
Well getting the great hardware is only one part of the equation. They'll have to get it out onto the market in a reasonable timeframe, hopefully a good while before the next major phones from Samsung and Apple so that it can have some time to bask in the limelight. Marketing will also be damned important. The Xperia T and its variants at least had the whole Bond thing to prop themselves up on, but there will be no such thing for Yuga. Hopefully Sony decides to go balls to the wall on properly marketing this thing.

BTW, I thought I had heard that Sony was delaying the Jellybean update as they move to a new structure of doing updates that'll help them to come out faster across their entire future line. Is this info accurate?
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 06:56
^

Yes that's right.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 07:04

On 2012-11-17 19:40:20, vikeviki wrote:
^
@randomuser any chance of this below features we can see in future
Sony should bring this features in upcoming yuga phone or any other Sony flaghship phone

1. 3D(Passive 3D technology) feature with cled or oled or flexible screen (2013-sony 3d phones)
2. 7mm thickness
3.Noise cancellation features with premium Sony headphones.
4. Best UI with really nice 8-9 themes & Sony walkman themes and need to support mkv files
5.3000-40000 mah battery.
6.led indicators on the phone.
7.Wireless Induction charging.
8.Optical image stabilization-same as luminia 920.
9.Bigger 1 inch sensor same as sony cybershot rx100.
10. 4gb Ram.
11. Pico projector as an accessories
12.Dual speakers.
13.Dual boot OS,like Android or Windows -new cool feature
14.MY dream phone if this phone can be addon to a tablet, making phone +tablet
[ This Message was edited by: vikeviki on 2012-11-17 18:40 ]

Come on guys, when any body want to make some guess ( or design a concept ) it must has believable spec. or tech. can be mass-made when the device is available...

I'm not talking about No. 5 which I believe is a typo ( 40000 mobile battery ?? ) unless they made some major advance in battery technology before 5 - 7 years and now they solved all mass-manufacturing problems. then yes, but they didn't till now...

Points 2+9 can't be made with current technologies... it's a known fact that the larger the sensor, the larger focal length you need ( ie, the space between the sensor it self & the lenses assembly, that's why you don't see any slim DSLR... and why the new compact DSLR has smaller sensors also...
there's current talks about advanced lens technologies ( still theories and paper work ) that can shorten the focal length even for pro DSLR to 2 or 3mm without distortion... but this is still theories and paperworks and mainly depends on nano technologies and quantum physics that can do this thing... if you still want 7mm phone with 1 inch sensor then you have to make some mechanical lens that expands when you want to take photos.. and even with this these mechanical things can't be made in 7mm body with that sensor !!... and this is not talking also about that optical IS

No. 13 don't worry, our lovely MS won't let any body do this ( at least for current time ), yes ASUS made a concept of AIO PC that uses Windows 8 ( x86 ) as the main OS, but when you remove the screen alone you'll have a full featured Android tablet ( yeah, 18 inch tablet )... but that's is not dual boot at all... this is an Android tablet that is also works as a screen for an AIO system...

No. 10... no one will make such thing, coz basically
1- Android is still 32bit OS, so it can't even handle all the 4GB for software, some of it will go for some hardware usage, same thing to what you see in Windows 32bit when you add 4GB... when you open the system properties you will see that what is usable is actually less than 4GB of RAM... normally larger than 3 but less than 4... even some PC makers when they started to make 4GB PC's with 32bit OS most of them added 3GB RAM at first... then started to move for 4GB bit with a note that not all of the 4GB will be usable... 32bit OS can only address 4GB of total memory, this not just for system RAM, but also for some other system memory spaces like registers, caches, etc...
2- There's no need at this time for such size, maybe later when Software really make use of this size on both the OS level and apps level... Android needs to be better handling multi-tasking... and apps needs to be really massive ( like high-end games ) to make use of this much of ram... basically 4GB at this time, and even for next year will be overkill and waste of money and energy !!
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 07:15
The pico projector idea is something I've been wanting for a very long time. Originally I'd been hoping they would put it in a tablet, but it would be cool in a flagship phone too. Of course it doesn't make much sense to build it INTO the phone due to cost, space and the market for such a thing, but if they could build a case that has the pico projector built in, then I think that could work. Sony already has some nice, tiny projectors they use in their handycams, so I don't think it'd be a stretch to make that into something that would work on a cell phone or tablet.

This idea already seems to have been done on the iPhones, but they still seem bulky. I think Sony could improve upon that given what they have on their handycams.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 07:39
^

Have you seen the Samsung Galaxy Beam ?
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 07:47

On 2012-11-18 07:39:53, randomuser wrote:
^

Have you seen the Samsung Galaxy Beam ?

Yeah. It's funny that I was talking about Sony putting a projector on their tablets one day with friends and then 2 weeks later Samsung announced the Beam. I would love the option to have something like that on a flagship product. I think the optional case method is the better way to go, but if they could SOMEHOW manage to fit it into the actual body of a flagship phone at reasonable cost, then meh why not

Anyways, we need more rumours dangit! I know the last batch from XDA only arrived a few days ago, but after that long I can feel the withdrawl symptoms kicking in. Without fresh rumours to keep me going, I think... I think I'm gonna fall apart...

vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 08:16
@xajel its a typo error its 4000mah and by the way nice practical answers
sighduck
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 12:20
@vivftp: Because a projector is one of the most niche features you can have in a smartphone. The disadvantage of a large body size due to the projector components outweighs the benefits it will give to a small segment of flagship smartphone buyers.
@randomuser: Will Yuga/Odin and Dogo be on Android 4.1 or 4.2?
Ambivalent_
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 12:35
What are the chances of this ending up in Q4 phone?

http://blog.gsmarena.com/imag[....]nces-powervr-g6630-mobile-gpu/
[ This Message was edited by: Ambivalent_ on 2012-11-18 11:41 ]
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-11-18 12:51

On 2012-11-18 08:16:39, vikeviki wrote:
@xajel its a typo error its 4000mah and by the way nice practical answers

Yeah that's why I mentioned it

Don't worry, some times the hope will bring us very high

On 2012-11-18 12:35:47, Ambivalent_ wrote:
What are the chances of this ending up in Q4 phone?

http://blog.gsmarena.com/imag[....]nces-powervr-g6630-mobile-gpu/
[ This Message was edited by: Ambivalent_ on 2012-11-18 11:41 ]

Well, they already answered your question

That, however, will take at least a good six months or more in order for chip manufacturers like ST-Ericsson and Texas Instruments to release their latest SoCs.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 636465 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic