Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 624625626 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-06-03 15:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^It will all leak out, including the official specs and press photos... MINUTES BEFORE THE ANNOUNCEMENT!
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-06-03 15:38
That concept reminded me of the exotic ASUS infinity hybrid, if Sony is crazy enough to think of unique stuffs, they'd do something like this, The main smartphone body docking to a real camera body with detacheable lens, there'll be no compromise in the phone's size, just that the camera body will be an optional accessory to turn the phone into a full fledged mirrorless camera

10 years at Esato
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-03 16:02
nightwing.. once it launches, there will be white papers, website, reviews, etc and such that will have complete spec listing. it won't be a rumor anymore when it launches.. hell, it won't be when it announces for that matter. So, just look for the official thread at that time. you can't miss it..

i can see razec drooling with the thought of what honami could be! haha..

i love my camera too and am eager to see what honami has in store to make it THE camera phone to beat. If it eliminates my desire to get a compact point and shoot camera for on the go purposes, i'll be happy. i.e., as close to RX100 quality as possible
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-06-03 16:13
i can see razec drooling with the thought of what honami could be! haha..

10 years at Esato
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2013-06-03 16:58
@Random

I know it has been asked a few million times, but it is possible for a Sony Nexus 5? The whole Android world seems excited at the possibility for an Xperia Nexus.
https://www.google.com/search[....]ria+nexus&oq=sony+xperia+nexus

I think it will be great for Sony. LG, HTC and Samsung all rised after Nexus phones. Hope Sony is next. Comments?
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-06-03 17:12

On 2013-06-03 16:58:29, unknownC151A wrote:
@Random

I know it has been asked a few million times, but it is possible for a Sony Nexus 5?

No Sony Nexus, at least for next few years.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-06-03 16:13 ]
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-06-03 18:18
@Razec:
IBIS for In Body Image Stabiliser? Not sure how it is different or better than Optical Steadyshot.
Stabilisation would be good and is wanted, but stabilisation does not help with moving subject like the smallest of our family members you do not want to take with a flash. So still hoping for a camera+sensor capturing a max of light along with the stabilisation
PDAF for Phase Detection Auto Focus? I have never used a camera with it. It sounds like it makes autofocus fast, which is surely something that would be great (with ability to focus quickly indoor)

@Ricky D:
That is not what I thought or was hoping for, but I think you found the hidden function of the sensor, assuming Ramu info on sensor size, pixel size and MP is correct.
My understanding of High Dynamic Range with two pictures is that you take two pictures with different exposure and then combine part of both picture and replace the saturated parts of the highest exposed one with pixels from the lowest exposed one. So I do not see it as a way to get detail in low light but in high light, actually.
However, where I do agree with you, is that if this is really a 27MP sensor taking 13MP shots, then if a WOW! function is buit in the sensor is likely to be HDR.

I still think pixel binning or larger pixel (8MP would perform strongly with 2/3" and a f2 apperture) would offer a WOW-er WOW by providing great low light performance. So I hope the guess or info is wrong, but what will be interesting is to see what pictures it takes.

I hope it is significantly better than xperia A, i tried it at docomo shop the other day, the reds were way too saturated, maybe a screen issue/setting, no way to check but won't buy it. The sutter button is nice, it is so much better than to have to tap a screen to take a pic, just hope it will be a bit thicker on Honami to better fit my fat finger
[ This Message was edited by: Shotokan81 on 2013-06-03 17:21 ]
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-03 19:01
Slightly off topic here but does anyone have any idea on when the Xperia Z is likely to get 4.2.2 it must be soon if Sony are to keep up as GSM. arena have reported that the HTC One will get it in a matter of weeks and with the S4 already having it it will put the Z behind the 2. I know there isn't a great deal different to 4.1.2. But it would still be nice if Sony even gave us an ETA screen shots were taken of a Z running 4.2.2 back in February so why the long delay in the roll out. If anyone can shed anylight as to why this is please feel free to let me know.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-03 19:03
take it to the Z thread..
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-06-03 19:18

On 2013-06-03 19:03:07, moogoo wrote:
take it to the Z thread..

+1
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-04 00:17
not sure if this was discussed at some point a long, long time ago.. but i thought this was interesting..

The "GOD" phone to be is code named Honami, which is slated to be the best camera phone on the market (arguably even with nokia pureview). I came across this a bit ago..

http://www.dailycameranews.co[....]th-honami-jpeg-engine-support/

Sony's new "HONAMI" jpeg engine? A connection perhaps?

EDIT: ok after poking around a bit more.. seems that's kinda old news, but still interesting i think! haha.. apparently the whole jpeg engine project is called Honami.. if that's the case, then I'm looking forward to seeing pictures samples!
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-06-03 23:20 ]
moogoo
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-06-04 01:29
After googling it, a number of camera rumour sites mention a "honami jpeg engine", and say it should be used on the future NEX models.

It looks like i do not need to worry about xperia A saturated colors, the honami jpeg engine will be more than on par with the hardware
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-06-04 01:31

On 2013-06-03 18:18:03, Shotokan81 wrote:
@Razec:
IBIS for In Body Image Stabiliser? Not sure how it is different or better than Optical Steadyshot.
Stabilisation would be good and is wanted, but stabilisation does not help with moving subject like the smallest of our family members you do not want to take with a flash. So still hoping for a camera+sensor capturing a max of light along with the stabilisation
PDAF for Phase Detection Auto Focus? I have never used a camera with it. It sounds like it makes autofocus fast, which is surely something that would be great (with ability to focus quickly indoor)

IBIS is the counterpart of OSS (optical steady shot, or IS in canon's terms, or VR in nikon's ) IBIS enables all lenses to be stabilized regardless of age and size, while OSS are only for specific models, a camera with no IBIS has to rely on Stabilized lens to enable Image stabilized pictures. for example any Interchangeable lenses with larger aperture than 2.8 does not have OSS/IS/VR, while IBIS cameras like the Sony A-mount or the Olympus EM5 will stabilize any lenses including the "fast" ones.

PDAF is used on DSLRs and some Mirrorless cameras, and yes it's a fast AF technology used especially for moving subjects even at lowlight, however there were different implementations of PDAF, on DSLRs the PDAF sensors are special chips built inside the body in which some portion of the light coming from the lens is reflected through the DSLR mirror, while on mirrorless cameras, the PDAF sensor is built inside the image sensor itself. you can try any DSLR or at least a mirrorless camera like the Nikon 1 series so you can appreciate the awesomeness of AF technology.

Not sure about honami jpeg engine, but NEX7's JPEG engine is one of the best JPEG processing I've seen so far in the case of Sony. that news is SR2 at SAR
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2013-06-04 00:35 ]
10 years at Esato
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-06-04 02:22
Thanks, great insight.
Then hope for a fast lens, ibis and pdaf!

For the jpeg engine the below says SR3
http://www.sonyalpharumors.co[....]veloped-for-alpha-and-nex-too/

Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-04 02:41
I'm not sure if the realisation of the 'honami jpeg engine' being used across the Sony SLRs is good for honami or bad for SLRs.

On one hand it will stop the complaints round here that Sony should get their camera department to build the jpeg compression for the phones (which would be good or the phones), BUT named the 'honami project engine' makes me feel it's actually the smartphone jpeg compression algorithms being passed on to the camera department, which is terrible news for Sony DSLRs if they end up with some of the recent oversharpening, weird saturation and blown pinks.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 624625626 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic