Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
Vit
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2013-06-02 20:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-06-02 20:35:38, king-james wrote:
Thanks Away this was necessary...
Vitwhy you don't quote the whole page???

Nice suggestion, pal. Perhaps next time. By the way, why don't you add three or six more question marks to your question, like this?????????
[ This Message was edited by: Vit on 2013-06-02 19:48 ]
Every Picture Tells a Story
Vit
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2013-06-02 20:57

On 2013-06-02 20:35:38, king-james wrote:
Be happy that you can get any info here...
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2013-06-02 19:37 ]

I am not happy about any info gotten from here. It's not a question of joy.

I just thought that if someone comes to a forum stating this and that is 'XR5' confirmed, without a single physical evidence, than he/she should know that many questions may be raised...

Talking about the Honami specifically, for such an incredibly feature rich device, I cannot see how can anyone be described as stupid by asking whether it would sport optical zoom or not.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-02 21:06
he asked about DIGITAL zoom. not optical. Digital zoom is a feature supported since the x10..

quit bein a troll and taking things too seriously. we're all fans here hoping to see sony shine above the rest and release a device that'll make others drool with jealousy. sure the rumors may seem too good to be true, but let's wait and see. not much longer to go.
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-06-02 20:07 ]
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-06-02 21:09

On 2013-06-02 21:06:14, moogoo wrote:
he asked about DIGITAL zoom. not optical. Digital zoom is a feature supported since the x10..

quit bein a troll and taking things too seriously. we're all fans here. sure the rumors may seem too good to be true, but let's wait and see. not much longer to go.

I asked about Optical zoom quite a few pages back, then a couple of pages or so after I asked about Digital zoom.
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-02 21:16
right, but he didn't answer your optical zoom question or say that it was "stupid". I doubt optical zoom will be supported as it would add additional thickness/size to the phone for the lenses to move. Perhaps one of the "optical" lenses will give this feature for you.

As razec said.. a prime lens in this case would be best and you can pretty much assume digital zoom is a standard feature.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Vit
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2013-06-02 21:20

On 2013-06-02 21:06:14, moogoo wrote:
quit bein a troll and taking things too seriously. we're all fans here hoping to see sony shine above the rest and release a device that'll make others drool with jealousy.
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2013-06-02 20:07 ]

Not intended to be a troll. I've never been such a thing on Esato before, and I have absolutely no reason for doing so.

I've had my share of good SE handsets. K700, K750, C900, C901, Satio...

My concern was just about one single comment.

I expect Sony can rise above the others again. It would be lovely to see from Honami, for instance, a performance similar to the stellar RX-100 high end compact, but with all that conflictual info (big sensor, thin device), it's hard to believe Sony will ever fit all these wonders on this device.

I've posted an example quite a few pages back. Such a big sensor will almost definitely require around 7.5 mm of focal length alone. It's almost impossible for it to be only 12mm thick with all that tech inside. The great my confidence is on Sony as a capable company, I cannot simply believe that info merely because an user has posted it.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-02 21:42
No one is expecting or requiring you to believe it. You have every right to be skeptical as much as anyone else on this forum. This is a rumors thread after all. Confirmed or not, it's not official until Sony says so.

Just a month or two til supposed announcement/release in China.. Let's just say if all the rumors are 100% true, there will be nothing on the market that will be able to compete. Slap a reasonable price on it, some actual marketing effort in each of the regions, and Sony will have an instant winner.

moogoo
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-02 22:56

On 2013-06-02 20:57:18, Vit wrote:
I am not happy about any info gotten from here. It's not a question of joy.

I just thought that if someone comes to a forum stating this and that is 'XR5' confirmed, without a single physical evidence, than he/she should know that many questions may be raised...

Talking about the Honami specifically, for such an incredibly feature rich device, I cannot see how can anyone be described as stupid by asking whether it would sport optical zoom or not.

If you came into this thread hoping for hard evidence to back up all rumors, then you're in the wrong place. Some solid leaks will appear in the form of pictures and whatnot, but most rumors come from trusted sources. Those people become trusted as they form a pattern over time indicating to the rest of us that either they have first or second hand knowledge of what's going on over at Sony.

As for optical zoom, it would be nice, but who knows if it'll happen on such a relatively thin device. Sony has it on some of their T series cameras, but they're a fair bit chunkier than Honami is supposed to be. Maybe these additional lenses are Sonys answer to not having built in optical zoom. I've seen videos where people attach macro lenses to their phones and whatnot... it might be nice to have stuff like that be officially supported.

Also, if they're willing to go that far in the camera department, I have to imagine a xenon flash is all but guaranteed at this point. I just wonder if it's built into the back or pop-up like the RX100 from the side.

Anyways, if Honami does wind up having all of the stuff that's been recently confirmed here, I think I'll be able to convert quite a few of my friends who are Samsung and Apple fans over
[ This Message was edited by: vivftp on 2013-06-02 22:14 ]
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-06-02 23:51
@ramu: what can you say about a chrome-based android coming as the evolution of the current Jellybean OS?

also any news about a Sony device with a different OS? (Firefox more likely the case)

(Asking these stuffs since Honami have become too hyped )
10 years at Esato
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-03 00:04
Still hoping for a way to play Vita games on a phone. Either Vita OS, dual boot with Vita OS and Android, or somehow getting Vita games to play on Android.
Ah well, maybe next year.
jianlin
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2013-06-03 00:50

Cannot confirm the IGZO + triluminos combo but IGZO is XR5.

nice one...as long as got IGZO is very nice for me already...screen power usage will be very efficient...
main reason ramu claimed honami last for day with new battery tech..

Approximately 54 percent less power is used in standard operation with IGZO as compared to an a-Si LCD.

Display of still images will benefit from an even greater energy-use reduction, up to 80 percent. This is achieved via a new driving method that allows a one Hz refresh rate with no resulting flicker in the image. Smart Refresh Control (SRC) technology allows a display module to instantly recognize data as video, web movie, or still image, then adjust power consumption appropriately.
[ This Message was edited by: jianlin on 2013-06-02 23:52 ]
SON1Q
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-06-03 00:51

On 2013-06-03 00:04:23, vivftp wrote:
Still hoping for a way to play Vita games on a phone. Either Vita OS, dual boot with Vita OS and Android, or somehow getting Vita games to play on Android.
Ah well, maybe next year.

I'm hoping for Sony to make something like this to attach to their high end phones to play proper playstation games.
http://www.kickstarter.com/pr[....]turn-your-phone-into-a-console

This for the QWERTY lovers
http://www.tactustechnology.com/

and a fingerprint scanner for security.
one can dream..........................
sighduck
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-06-03 00:59
Honami with IGZO screen in the USA please! I hope it will be picked up by at least 2 carriers, AT&T/Tmobile and Verizon.
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-06-03 01:14
Ha ha, a lot of passion, but chill out guys!
I am a apple user, but i will gratefuly take the honami if it has a photo package good enough for me, no need for everything to be true. I just hope the s800 won't get too hot as this could alter the picture quality.

@nightwing: personaly i prefer no or small optical zoom as it will come at the expense of a less good aperture.
But I am not an insider and that is just my 2 yen, i just hope for a good aperture.

Now, anyone with me on the sensor? 2/3 means 8.8mm x 6.6mm (wikipedia).
That is 58,080,000 micron.
So assuming 2.13 micron pixel size, shoul be around 27MP.
Or assuming 13MP, it should give roughly a pixel size of 4.47MP.

That is the most intriguing to me, all RX5 from Ramu.
My best guess: maybe the sensor has 27MP, including 26 active MP. Then enters the new tech, and something sony did is that they actually take two 13MP pictures at once and do some magic to reduce the noise and come up with one final picture? Maybe the magic is done at the sensor level?

That would be my guess, anyone an opinion on this?
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-06-03 01:31
IBIS and PDAF are the most sensible "magic" that Honami should have, I really hope it'd come with those two essential features with its new sensor
10 years at Esato
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 619620621 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic