Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition

Previous  123 ... 606162 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-11-15 16:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Strangely, it's this Chinese phone that is in my opinion Yuga's biggest rival yet. And I must say, even though Oppo is no significant name in the phone business they sure do know how to design a super smartphone. It looks brilliant !!

Has exact same specs as Yuga, and 2500mAh battery
coolkid8689
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-11-15 18:52
Saw it when I was searching on net to know about IP codes for waterproof/dustproof, like IP57/67...
U can clearly have an idea about IP codes...
Click on the link... Hope it'll be useful to you...

http://www.aceeca.com/handhelds/ip67

PS : After seeing this, I want Sony to produce a phone with IP68 & it'll be beasty...
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-15 19:41
@randomuser: Any chance of the camera be 16:9 at full resolution? I mean, Xperia S has a 12 Mp camera, but we can only use 9 Mp for 16:9. Same for T. 13 Mp camera, but only 10 Mb to 16:9...
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-11-15 20:18
@Felimenta97,
They need a 16:9 sensor for this, and coz nobody requesting this kind of sensors for mobile devices, they don't make them, infact most sensors are 4:3 format ( or very close ), only small fractions of them are 16:9 but mainly for camcorders or pro video camera... I saw some camcorders and pro-cameras uses native 16:9 sensors...

but if you have a 16:9 sensor, you wont be able to take 4:3 pictures at full resolutions ( Who uses 4:3 any way specially if you have native 16:9 ) !!

Personally I always use 16:9 in my phone...
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-15 21:48

On 2012-11-15 20:18:40, Xajel wrote:
@Felimenta97,
They need a 16:9 sensor for this, and coz nobody requesting this kind of sensors for mobile devices, they don't make them, infact most sensors are 4:3 format ( or very close ), only small fractions of them are 16:9 but mainly for camcorders or pro video camera... I saw some camcorders and pro-cameras uses native 16:9 sensors...

but if you have a 16:9 sensor, you wont be able to take 4:3 pictures at full resolutions ( Who uses 4:3 any way specially if you have native 16:9 ) !!

Personally I always use 16:9 in my phone...

I know a little about this. But, I mean, I asked if he know if the Yuga camera will be 16:9 or 4:3 on full res.

Indeed, I've always used 16:9, but I noticed a slight better quality when shot with 4:3 on my Xperia S.

I want more info regarding software. Any screenshot of the status bar drop down? Or Settings menu? Anything?
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-15 23:31
Sony: Flagship Xperia on the way to compete with iPhone and Galaxy S III

Sony Mobile is confident in regaining lost ground in the smartphone wars and feels bullish about its upcoming models. “We will create in the near future a flagship model that can compete with Apple’s iPhone and Samsung’s Galaxy S III,” says Dennis van Schie, CVP Sales & Marketing at Sony Mobile Communications speaking to Financial Times Deutschland.

The report goes on to say that this flagship model will be revealed in early 2013 at CES in Las Vegas in January and/or Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona in February. Stronger content integration will be a key theme during 2013. By the end of the year, van Schie says that all Sony music and video content will be available with cross-device support.

Moving onto tablets, Dennis van Schie says that it is very difficult to make money on tablets given the fierce competition. However, Sony does plan on releasing more models going forward. “We will bring in addition to the existing Xperia Tablet other Android tablets to the market, but not many,” said Van Schie.

Dennis van Schie also confirmed that they are keeping an eye on Windows Phone, although the main focus is on Android right now. “We have a good relationship with Microsoft and we are watching the development of Windows Phone closely. If it succeeds, we will not be caught off guard”.

Source: XperiaBlog

That's what call Self confidence.

WAY TO GO, SONY!
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-11-15 23:36

On 2012-11-15 23:31:29, Felimenta97 wrote:
Sony: Flagship Xperia on the way to compete with iPhone and Galaxy S III

Sony Mobile is confident in regaining lost ground in the smartphone wars and feels bullish about its upcoming models. “We will create in the near future a flagship model that can compete with Apple’s iPhone and Samsung’s Galaxy S III,” says Dennis van Schie, CVP Sales & Marketing at Sony Mobile Communications speaking to Financial Times Deutschland.

The report goes on to say that this flagship model will be revealed in early 2013 at CES in Las Vegas in January and/or Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona in February. Stronger content integration will be a key theme during 2013. By the end of the year, van Schie says that all Sony music and video content will be available with cross-device support.

Moving onto tablets, Dennis van Schie says that it is very difficult to make money on tablets given the fierce competition. However, Sony does plan on releasing more models going forward. “We will bring in addition to the existing Xperia Tablet other Android tablets to the market, but not many,” said Van Schie.

Dennis van Schie also confirmed that they are keeping an eye on Windows Phone, although the main focus is on Android right now. “We have a good relationship with Microsoft and we are watching the development of Windows Phone closely. If it succeeds, we will not be caught off guard”.

Source: XperiaBlog

That's what call Self confidence.

WAY TO GO, SONY!

So Yuga/Odin pretty much confirmed for a CES announcement
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-11-15 23:37
Wow they will announce a phone to compete with 10 months old Galaxy S III, and by the time this phone will be available, Samsung Galaxy S IV will already be for sale
[ This Message was edited by: admad on 2012-11-15 22:38 ]
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-16 00:42

On 2012-11-15 23:37:44, admad wrote:
Wow they will announce a phone to compete with 10 months old Galaxy S III, and by the time this phone will be available, Samsung Galaxy S IV will already be for sale
[ This Message was edited by: admad on 2012-11-15 22:38 ]

I think people are mis-interpreting the statement. Obviously the new Sony flagship will compete with upcoming flagships from Samsung, but those phones don't officially exist yet so he can't give a comparison. As a result, he can only compare it against the current big boys.
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-11-16 03:55
^^^
I am sure it will be better than the next iPhone but not GS4.
I really want them to make lot noise in camera department and kick every phones ass.
I hate it that they make the best sensor but they don't optimize it well
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-16 05:12
I love it when they say stronger content intergration, when currently, music unlimited and playstation mobile only exists in a few markets. I still can not see how it can compete with itunes store without anything ground breaking.

And why the hack do they need a new design for every continent? Is it because of the design patent, that even sony thinks that TX looks similar to ip for the americans?
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-16 06:51
I think they realise that as a % of mobile device users, fewer Western market consumers use spare batteries (and so don't mind fixed batteries) compared to Asian markets where many consumers carry spare batteries.

Example in point, none of my friends in the UK have bought a spare battery for their handsets since the '90s, whereas all of the Chinese people I know (if they don't use an iPhone) carry a spare battery.

A removable battery rates much higher on the checklist when looking for a new phone in China and I dare say India and other Asian countries.

Also, Sony aren't the only manufacturers who make handsets for specific markets, HTC have a ONE V variant for China and Samsung have dual touchscreen flips phones in China to name just a few. Samsung even supply their dual-screen flip androids with two batteries and a battery charger caddy.

When it comes to the US market, there's a similar story except instead of dual-sims and removable batteries, they want LTE bands which are incompatible with the rest of the world. Carriers have more power there too so carrier exclusive carrier models are necessary. And, again, they aren't the only ones who make models specific to the US market.

You can't blame Sony for wanting to tailor a handset to be more suitable to a region. It's a strategy. One that some use and others don't. It has it's pros and cons like anything else.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-16 07:05

On 2012-11-16 03:55:00, smclion102 wrote:
^^^
I am sure it will be better than the next iPhone but not GS4.
I really want them to make lot noise in camera department and kick every phones ass.
I hate it that they make the best sensor but they don't optimize it well

In terms of CPU/GPU? Yeah, I think the GS4 will likely be better. In terms of everything else? I'm finding it hard to think of how Samsung can top what we're seeing for Yuga. Even if they somehow manage to make a non-pentile 1080p OLED display, I'm willing to bet Yugas display will crush it for overall performance. Design and build will be absolute top notch and feel very premium due to the dragontrail glass on both sides. The water and dust resistance will be amazing, and the durability due to dragontrail glass could mean the phone will be drop-proof to some degree. The camera will use the new Exmor RS sensor which should be a big improvement over previous Sony mobile sensors. Apparently the software is impressive since supposedly Google employees have stated they have not seen anything better to date.

... so yeah, while the GS4 might be more powerful than Yuga, Samsung will have to do a LOT in every other area to catch up to what we're already seeing from Sonys new flagship.

If Sony can add an IR transmitter, wireless charging and a hugearse battery, then I'll be overjoyed
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-16 08:09
You know I wonder how badly Sony wished that Yuga could have been the Bond phone instead of the Xperia TL. Yuga is going to be Sonys first leading class phone where it's pretty much ahead of any and all other phones on the market from a tech standpoint... assuming of course they launch it within a reasonable timeframe. Even still, I can't wait until next quarter to find out how well the mobile sales are doing.
Fransisco
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2012-11-16 09:00
^^^

Yep, I agree. In terms of CPU I think Samsung will always win in this race. But in terms of style, oh well just take a look at Samsung website. It says everything about their style and design philosophy. One word: Ewww
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 606162 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic