Previous  123 ... 323324325 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2013-02-27 10:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This is getting ridiculous!

Everyone knows that there is new devices being released every couple of months, everyone knows that I buy a gadget now and it will be outdated very soon later.
So, turning this "rumors"!!!!! thread into some sort of sect with info only accessible to selected member on a chat, actually makes this thread obsolete.

And, its actually the other way around. I decided that the Z is not for me, so Im thinking whether to wait for the 2nd half flagship or leave Sony for the competition. So again harm done to our "beloved" Sony.

You´ve created a hype here Randomuser and did a great job but i think you´re slowly starting to exaggerate a little!

I mean, If you are allowed to share something, then do it. If not, then just dont!
[ This Message was edited by: justus333 on 2013-02-27 09:48 ]
Jubei1
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-02-27 10:50
While you might get Sony a few thousand extra sales by not releasing info, you might also hurt their image in the long run because the people who buy Xperia Z now might get upset in 4-5 months when a new and better flagship is revealed making their phones "old". This might make them hesitant about buying Sony phones in the future

All of this will hopefully be fixed next year with the 1 flagship per year strategy

Kitchen
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-02-27 11:03
Sony won't lose thousands of sales by rumors. Guaranteed.
stedus
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2013-02-27 11:35
Treat it as pinch of salts guys

There are some rumors that Dogo won't be a mid range but instead a High End 4.6" Device
The new Dogo might use S600 chipset instead of Dual S4 Pro
[ This Message was edited by: stedus on 2013-02-27 10:37 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-02-27 11:43

On 2013-02-27 10:31:36, randomuser wrote:
The only reason I have requested all members not to discuss about 2H Phone is many popular websites are directly quoting Esato posts and they lurk around all the time looking for any info they can get.

If they post an article and it goes viral that Sony is working on 2H phone, certainly a lot of people would be pissed and or wait for the next Phone.

Unfortunately, because of the open nature of the internet, we'll never be able to stop info spreading around but it's a double edged sward for the websites that want to post rumours because some of the rumours can be complete rubbish at the same time.

Theoretically, the 2H flagship could be on sale as early as July, which means it could be announced as early as April or May. April is only 5 weeks away and there could be more leaks before then.
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-02-27 12:07
@RickyD and justus333
There is truth in what Random user,I agree with him in this and I dont think he is exaggerating people,world is looking in to this forum,see coolkid he also became famous .Come on guys ,I guess you people want only stuff ,when it get released you people start thinking about next flagship and it goes on and on....,and there are serious buyers who depends on the phone review sites and forums like us.Already z screen is causing a bad thing to Sony and i hope Sony needs to clarify on this immediately or it may lose its potential buyers and this lists goes on,BTW we can start discussing the 2h phones once Z is released world wide let people see in person if and only if all agrees.
and also we dont want people to stop asking or posting about next release this is Democratic forum and any body can post there opinions and leaks but we are getting very less info on 2h info on Sony phone,so i guess we will wait till march half and start discussing about 2h phones.

Note :We all need a better perfect stylish phone from Sony in 2h ,rumours or sales doesnt matter for us

and stop trolling on RaMu....

Hey this is my 100th post some people may like some people may hate but to my love to Sony will always keep going................

I love You SONY
[ This Message was edited by: vikeviki on 2013-02-27 11:09 ]
justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2013-02-27 12:25
Im not trolling on RaMu at all! As I said, he did a fantastic job and we all more or less cling on to his lips!
But he apparently IS getting true insight information, so either he is in some way connected to sony, then he knows exactly what he can and what he cannot say, or he is not connected to Sony and gets his Info from someone else and then he MUSTN´T write anything here!
So I think he knows what he is doing and that is creating a hype. And he does very well.
The argument, that other websites might copy the "rumors" from here is downrightly rubbish!
5tephane
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2013-02-27 12:29

On 2013-02-27 10:31:36, randomuser wrote:
The only reason I have requested all members not to discuss about 2H Phone is many popular websites are directly quoting Esato posts and they lurk around all the time looking for any info they can get.

If they post an article and it goes viral that Sony is working on 2H phone, certainly a lot of people would be pissed and or wait for the next Phone. Of course the number may not be huge but it does create negative publicity for Sony. I, and a lot of you don't mind Z being obsolete as we love Sony but only a very small percentage of Z buyers would be Sony fans like me and you. And they would definitely NOT be pleased to know a device they spend 800$+ on will be overshadowed soon.

Do we, as Sony fans want that Sony should lose a few thousand customers? Or maybe more? Especially at a time when they need more sales in order to swing back and get back on track the most ?

I leave that up to you all to decide.

What's the point of a rumours thread if we can't talk about.... rumours in it ?
bipinm
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-02-27 12:33
i agree with randomuser and vikeviki....

There is actually nothing left to tell u right now...

phablet, 2h phones uses s600 or s800..because sony wont leave qualcomm...s4 pro is stopping...
Dogo, hushan will be announced soon...Sony want to close the gap between announcement and release date...
u know the specs of hushan...nothing we know abt dogo...
C2XXX is gaga...(hear that Phonearena)
Sony maybe getting a new panel from JDI with white magic...

what else....
i cant remeber anything else...

i love Sony and i want to see the sales go high...
I dont think Ramu is hiding anything..He answered all the questions we asked...
[ This Message was edited by: bipinm on 2013-02-27 11:49 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-02-27 12:55
I'm not trying to start an argument. Everyone who's been in here for any period of time will know I'm all about the rumours thread, but I do think it silly to think that stopping talk of the next handset will cost Sony thousands of customers, but quite the opposite.

Not many people more than one top-end handset per year but most people realise companies like Sony release two or more a year. If they read a rumour a and decide to wait for the next handset instead of this one Sony still get the sale in the end and if the handset is by far superior then that should be rewarded by people buying that handset. Those who buy the better handset will be happy with Sony and buy them next time.

The other scenario is you don't talk about the next handset, everyone jumps in the current handset and the next one dies in the water even though it is much better than expected. The users who don't want to buy the new handset feel lied to and misled, they feel Sony has sold them a phone knowing that it'll be out of date sooner than expected, and Sony don't get subsequent sales.

It seems quite clear to me. To stop chat about the next handset is akin to standing still. Standing still in fast moving market place and fast development industry is equal to going backwards. I'm not accusing anyone of holding back information and I respect that in private chat some people want to talk about things AND keep their jobs at Sony, but in the thread nothing should be off-limits.

This is on top of the glaring point of what I said before about the health of esato being at stake if certain subjects get muted.

Other websites poaching of rumours from here is also a silly argument. Grow up. Rumours are rumours and people spread them. Not referencing esato as a source is a discourtesy but some people are rude and that's the way the world is, especially in highly competitive environments like journalism.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
bipinm
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-02-27 13:12
i really dont want to continue the argument...if ramu has anything in mind he will share it...

About chat...
We DONT keep secrets there..all we do is talk abt what we post...This way we r able to know the other fellow members...
Last week we talked about Z accessories..headphones and covers...somebody shared his idea of solar charging...etc...I found some firiends from my country and we talked about the new film....

AFAIK nothing is kept secret...
He brought all the rumors in this forum and he will bring more....
That im sure...

Leaving office...see u tomorrow...
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-02-27 13:24

On 2013-02-27 12:55:44, Ricky D wrote:
I'm not trying to start an argument. Everyone who's been in here for any period of time will know I'm all about the rumours thread, but I do think it silly to think that stopping talk of the next handset will cost Sony thousands of customers, but quite the opposite.

It seems quite clear to me. To stop chat about the next handset is akin to standing still. Standing still in fast moving market place and fast development industry is equal to going backwards. I'm not accusing anyone of holding back information and I respect that in private chat some people want to talk about things AND keep their jobs at Sony, but in the thread nothing should be off-limits.

I agree.

Personally, I don't there should be restrictions on what rumours should or should not be discussed and if we don't discuss them here they will only be discussed somewhere else and websites will post links to there instead.

The internet is a big place and a lot of rumours come from the Chinese it.168 site, which is where, amongst other places, a lot of Esato's rumours originate and which is many times bigger than Esato Forums. I can't see how not discussing the H2 flagship here will stop it being discussed elsewhere.

However, Randomuser is managing the thread.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-02-27 13:33
I am managing the thread but I certainly do not have the rights to impose any laws here . Nor would I want to.

I merely made a request, as a fellow Sony fan. And it's something Sony wants too.

Still, at the end of the day its up to you all.

XperiaCute
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-02-27 13:42

On 2013-02-27 13:33:56, randomuser wrote:
I am managing the thread but I certainly do not have the rights to impose any laws here . Nor would I want to.

I merely made a request, as a fellow Sony fan. And it's something Sony wants too.

Still, at the end of the day its up to you all.

+1

Please Guys let's delay discussion about 2H until ... April .. we don't won't to hurt Xperia Z sales ..

especially with couple of websites quoting the rumors from here and consider them 100% fact.
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2013-02-27 13:43
That was fast. Firefox OS testing ROM for Xperia E from Sony available on EMMA.
http://developer.sonymobile.c[....]-available-for-developers-rom/
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 323324325 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic