Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-03 20:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It's a shame we haven't seen any more camera samples leaked ahead of tomorrow's announcement just to whet the appetite that little bit more.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 21:05
slightly off topic but sort of on topic from an OS point

My background is in IT for 20+ years - I find myself (now retired) trying to keep my stuff private, I have to say that is pretty much impossible with Android and google - that scares the shit out of me and also makes me angry

I got my first Android phone earlier this year and I was shocked at the blatent attempts to invade my my personal life by google - it was a serious wake up call for me, not only that but a lot of the apps on the playstore are trying to get permissions that they don't need, be under no illusion that these apps are being carefully crafted to profile you and if you don't understand the word profile then you need to do some research, google are linking your profile online with your PC to your phone - they know what searches you do they know what websites you visit - yes when you go www.******.com they know where you've been, the big issue here and one that governments need to get a handle on are cookies, try to disable cookies on your PC and you won't be able to log into facebook - google or any other social web space - cookies track everything you do, and I don't mean just google and facebook, I mean everything, on your phone on your computer an your google glass everything

you know that website that you visit that you do in private and it's all on your own - well google knows where you've been and what you've been saying, this extends to your phone location - can you imagine all of the above and where you're at and who you call and what you had for breakfast

People need to wake up to this BS, governments don't even understand the extent that this has reached because the people who are looking at it have no clue to exactly what is going on

Now the reason I typed all the above is simple - I'd rather have a Nokia device running Windows than Android

It is scary

Remember when you next visit a website on the net or call someone in you contacts - google knows you did it - who/ where it was - where you are and who you're with because they are being tracked too

Android / google I hate it - I spend a lot of time trying to enforce my privacy and I know what I'm doing

Step up governments - get some people in there that know what they are looking at and ban cookies if you don't want them - you should never have to enable cookies to log into anything - they are tracking you

Windows and Nokia are good to go in that respect - Android and google is a nightmare
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 21:26

On 2013-09-03 17:41:27, razec wrote:

On 2013-09-03 17:37:12, unknownC151A wrote:
Nobody seems to be interested in this:
"Indeed, independent testing has confirmed that Xperia Z1 provides the best overall image quality of all leading smartphones."

I read that, and I'm with you, Z1's camera for sure is great, that unsual sensor + BIONZ put it on a different level compared with most droids available

Yea Nokia knew about that earlier so they were sold after this statement xD

1020 is hardly a leading smartphone as far as overall sales/specs/performance goes
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2013-09-03 16:42 ]

The 1020 is a weak camera with a weak smartphone attached that is why it is not a market leader in any camp - for me it's a weak camera that can make phone calls nothing more nothing less - but it has it's limited market of people that buy it
Ambroos
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-03 21:31

On 2013-09-03 21:05:44, Geoffxx wrote:
Step up governments - get some people in there that know what they are looking at and ban cookies if you don't want them - you should never have to enable cookies to log into anything - they are tracking you

You are an absolute idiot. Go follow a web development course and you'll see why (session) cookies are absolutely necessary.

Your Google-phobia is just ridiculous.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-03 21:42

let's just stop before this thread runs off in a tangent. but yah.. Geoffxx, take your conspiracy theory google phobia to your own thread. thanks.

so according to xperia blog, global release by end of september. that is AWESOME news. i can't wait. I wonder if amazon will have it listed for preorder after announcement tomorrow?

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 21:46

On 2013-09-03 21:31:05, Ambroos wrote:

On 2013-09-03 21:05:44, Geoffxx wrote:

You are an absolute idiot. Go follow a web development course and you'll see why (session) cookies are absolutely necessary.

and you are so naïve it's troubling

anyway not for topic here and I got on a rant - do a little research

back on topic - the 4k video recording will follow after a FW update I understand

apart from that I'm almost happy my XZ was stolen
iksplusipsilon
P1
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 21:53

On 2013-09-03 21:31:05, Ambroos wrote:

No need for personal insults, please.
JoJotaro
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 22:03
Don't want your personal information being accessed stay away from the Internet! Google isn't at fault, it's just the way things work at the moment and there's no easy way to change it...

Are we sure there won't be a 32GB version of the Z1? I guess we will find out soon, but 16GB isn't enough and 32GB is barely enough...

Btw what time is Sony's conference local time in Germany? Engadget says it's a 16:00 PM.
[ This Message was edited by: JoJotaro on 2013-09-03 21:06 ]
sami92a
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 22:13

On 2013-09-03 22:03:21, JoJotaro wrote:
Don't want your personal information being accessed stay away from the Internet! Google isn't at fault, it's just the way things work at the moment and there's no easy way to change it...

Are we sure there won't be a 32GB version of the Z1? I guess we will find out soon, but 16GB isn't enough and 32GB is barely enough...

Btw what time is Sony's conference local time in Germany? Engadget says it's a 16:00 PM.
[ This Message was edited by: JoJotaro on 2013-09-03 21:06 ]

Yes 16.00
JoJotaro
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 22:22
^
Great!
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-03 22:34
Just my personal opinion: I think I got too excited for Z1 rumors and that was a huge mistake. After seeing the latest info we got today (images, white paper, etc), I don't think it is the right for me... By no means it is a bad device, but I will wait for next year's flagship to see what they have to offer.

The devices LOOKS good, but after today's info, my S will have to wait a little more.

Z1 still does not have all I expect for my next phone...

And, again, my personal opinion. I'm getting a Xperia Tablet Z soon, and that will be my tablet for the next 2 years or so. So, instead of trading phones April next year, wait more and, in April, get a VAIO or something...
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 22:45
I was super hyped because rumors says is suppose to be the ONE sony device. Really wish that it has included the s master amp like their MP3 player. Turn out not true, IR blaster is probably not true also.......
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 22:51
People want everything, but can't manage their expectations and keep them in line with reality.
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-03 23:03

On 2013-09-03 22:51:32, -XYZ wrote:
People want everything, but can't manage their expectations and keep them in line with reality.

Indeed. That was my mistake... I was too expecting the S Master thing and IR. Does these take much space? (Actual question)
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-03 23:16
Yeah, calling it the ONE Sony phone though, which is why I expected everything in ONE device. I also expected it to be 800-900 USD. I rather pay a bit more for 1 device than buying a separate device.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic