Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
sami92a
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 21:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-08-22 21:06:08, CrownedAkuma wrote:
OT:
guys... I was seraching for a new walkmann to buy last month, beacause my old A series left me
So I decided to buy an E series... the E575... but then I forgot to buy it and time passed... just today I checked if the price raised or lowered... and I find that Sony released two new E series walkman
Now I will just buy this... the E585 http://www.sony.it/product/nws-e-series/nwz-e585#tab
It has 77 HOURS of PLAYTIME! not too bad and aluminium frame...

So SONY still works on the walkmann brand, this two E series have been released right now, on the 20 of july!!!

it looks nice! but i don´t understand why you need an extra device for music when you can store your music on your phone? ;P IMO the MP3era is dead
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 21:28

On 2013-08-22 21:20:03, sami92a wrote:

OT:
guys... I was seraching for a new walkmann to buy last month, beacause my old A series left me
So I decided to buy an E series... the E575... but then I forgot to buy it and time passed... just today I checked if the price raised or lowered... and I find that Sony released two new E series walkman
Now I will just buy this... the E585 http://www.sony.it/product/nws-e-series/nwz-e585#tab

So SONY still works on the walkmann brand, this two E series have been released right now, on the 20 of july!!!

it looks nice! but i don´t understand why you need an extra device for music when you can store your music on your phone? ;P IMO the MP3era is dead

I know I know it's a bit strange... but I really prefer to have a separate device to carry it around without worrying for the phone (IE when I run), to do not waste battery (which are not so long lasting these days), to save space in the internal (or external storage) of the phone... and normally the walkman (even if this is not the super duper A or Z series) has great sound quality! Dedicated audio chip, noise cancelling and so on... it's more or less the same reason I prefer to have a good camera (DLSR, compact, NEX or whatever) AND a great phone (sexy and sleek) instead a bulky cameraphone (s4 zoom )..... So honami is good even with a 1/2.3 and no Xenon for me!
My mind is a bit older I think, I remained in the MP3 era
sami92a
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 21:42

I know I know it's a bit strange... but I really prefer to have a separate device to carry it around without worrying for the phone (IE when I run), to do not waste battery (which are not so long lasting these days),

When it comes to Battery the music on my Z isn´t even consuming, i can listen for an hour and it will only take maximum 4 % from the battery... but OK i understand what you mean! you just like to carry a extra Device around
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 22:01
^
Battery life sucks in most phones and for me I'm hardly at my desk so I can't hook it up to a PC. Solar panels in the phone casing should be on the agenda even though its not the most efficient technology its better than nothing. Sony phones have non-removable glass back panels so it makes sense to at least try and add a solar panel.

There are other ways to generate energy like having a scroll wheel to utilise kinetic energy, it could be discreetly added to the side of the phone or something. If you could replenish your battery in such a way, you'd never need a wall socket charger would you?
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 22:02

On 2013-08-22 21:20:03, sami92a wrote:

OT:

@CrownedAkuma

I own the 575, I got it last year to replace my X series, the E is a great walkman, the 585 now also features FLAC playback so that is so much better.

@sami92a

I don't like using my phone for music since the sound quality is not the same as a walkman, plus I can listen to music and have a phone that will last me more time rather than running low by the end of the day. Also noise cancellation headphones, my phone or any phone from sony doesn't seem to have this built in, so it is a nice addition when I am on transit or the train.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-22 22:03
^imagine the thumb injuries of all the people trying to recharge their phones using the scroll wheel

solar panel would be cool. just let it sit out when you aren't using it. i don't know too much about it, but maybe it's too hot or simply too large? having it in an external case would be nice. but they already have those fold out solar panel things you can use to charge your phone. they sell them for camping and things like that.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2013-08-22 22:31

On 2013-08-22 22:02:41, ascariss wrote:
@CrownedAkuma

I own the 575, I got it last year to replace my X series, the E is a great walkman, the 585 now also features FLAC playback so that is so much better.

@sami92a

I don't like using my phone for music since the sound quality is not the same as a walkman, plus I can listen to music and have a phone that will last me more time rather than running low by the end of the day. Also noise cancellation headphones, my phone or any phone from sony doesn't seem to have this built in, so it is a nice addition when I am on transit or the train.

+1
YES I know I'll buy it as soon as possible!!!

OT: I know I may sound a bit like nightwing (just an example, I have nothing against you:) ) but is there someone with a PSVITA...? Could you PM me some impression? I just want to know you would recommend me to buy it! Display, media compatibility, battery and so on... Just an opinion please:P and via PM!!!
[ This Message was edited by: CrownedAkuma on 2013-08-22 22:29 ]
Ambroos
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-22 23:26

On 2013-08-22 19:40:53, sami92a wrote:

On 2013-08-22 19:34:43, Ambroos wrote:

2. There are a few phones being prepared, Honami is only one of them. I know there are at least two more that are in the final stages of development (software being finished).

Do you know anything about the other phones that are getting prepared to release? are they Mid or lowend?

No idea, don't have any information about them.
sami92a
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 00:08

On 2013-08-22 22:01:47, badassmam wrote:
^
Battery life sucks in most phones and for me I'm hardly at my desk so I can't hook it up to a PC. Solar panels in the phone casing should be on the agenda even though its not the most efficient technology its better than nothing. Sony phones have non-removable glass back panels so it makes sense to at least try and add a solar panel.

There are other ways to generate energy like having a scroll wheel to utilise kinetic energy, it could be discreetly added to the side of the phone or something. If you could replenish your battery in such a way, you'd never need a wall socket charger would you?

Haha that sounds like the idea with a bicycle where you have to keep cycling to keep the lights on!

@sami92a

I use DR. Dre Urbeats inear earphones its enough good sound for me
[ This Message was edited by: sami92a on 2013-08-22 23:10 ]
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 01:20
The experia ultra can play music for several days without recharge I would assume any modern phone uses very little of the battery to play music and the sound is equally as good as any Walkman, I would find it hard to justify carrying a Walkman and a phone, also with the availability of large memory capacity, my current phone has over 30gb of music

I just don't see the need
Ambroos
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-23 02:07

On 2013-08-23 01:20:49, Geoffxx wrote:
The experia ultra can play music for several days without recharge I would assume any modern phone uses very little of the battery to play music and the sound is equally as good as any Walkman, I would find it hard to justify carrying a Walkman and a phone, also with the availability of large memory capacity, my current phone has over 30gb of music

I just don't see the need

It depends on what you listen with. I use professional in-ear monitors and the difference between my Xperia Z and X-series Walkman is day and night, especially when it comes to the dynamic range and soundstage. Everything sounds like you're standing right in front of the band in the recording studio on my Walkman, on my Xperia Z it sounds like you're standing in a room with a very good sound system. Just a bit flatter.

It's still good but there's quite a difference. You'll need very good audio equipment to hear it though.
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 02:21

On 2013-08-22 19:34:43, Ambroos wrote:
3. Honami will not have a Xenon flash and all the specs we know are correct. It's basically a Z Ultra with a smaller display and a different camera. Not many other differences.

Does it ave s master digital amp?
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-23 03:20
I know it's not a rumour, but Sony Brazil just posted this in their G+ page:

https://plus.google.com/+sonybrasil/posts/RA2gH9S9J1K

It says: "Imagine how nice would it be to take professional photos with your Sony Xperia smartphone, just putting a lens-camera on the device. The idea is still only a concept. Let's hope it becomes reality soon"...

But, the thing is the image they used:

Yeah, the Sony Alpha Rumour photo (you can see it have their watermark in the device).

Basically, Sony BR re-posted a leaked image of an upcoming phone...
[ This Message was edited by: Felimenta97 on 2013-08-23 02:27 ]
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
rickrz
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 04:06
@Felimenta

Brasil-sil-sil rsrs
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-23 05:41

On 2013-08-22 21:42:51, sami92a wrote:

I know I know it's a bit strange... but I really prefer to have a separate device to carry it around without worrying for the phone (IE when I run), to do not waste battery (which are not so long lasting these days),

When it comes to Battery the music on my Z isn´t even consuming, i can listen for an hour and it will only take maximum 4 % from the battery... but OK i understand what you mean! you just like to carry a extra Device around

did you streamed it through bluetooth or wired earphone?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic