Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition

Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
Ambivalent_
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-08-15 00:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-08-15 00:10:19, unknown13x wrote:

Unlike Nokia, Sony has a compact camera market that they hold. They would be shooting themselves in the foot more if they failed to garner people using their cameras to their phone products since it's much higher competition. This point won't be valid in the future as the camera market will begin to shrink, but as of now, I think Sony wants maximum potential on people buying all of their products.

OK, but if Sony won't make a phone with proper camera features someone else will. So not providing Honami with dual LED (at bare minimum) can act as a opportunity cost by losing people that prefer those (camera) features over other non camera related features.

All I'm saying is that I'm real sorry for Honami to come this far camera wise and then went with sub par flash. One LED is literally the worst flash you can get.

I think Honami's overall experience will trump 1020.

That's for sure, no question about the fact that Honami is overall a better device. Day 1 is a no-brainer in my case.
DrKnute
K750
PM
Posted: 2013-08-15 02:13
Totally agree with you, Ambivalent. One Sony is supposed to be the best all crammed into one device. I think if they were worried about taking sales from their compact cams, they wouldn't be making the external lens accessories.
Oh, and still getting it day 1 haha
milukugiuniu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-15 02:49
@randomuser

The internal memory will be 16 GB.
unknown13x
Z600
PM
Posted: 2013-08-15 03:00

On 2013-08-15 00:26:05, Shotokan81 wrote:

This, but first and foremost, shooting themselves in the foot???
Really??
Where is the hard evidence that Nokia 1020 sells like crazy?
From what I read here and there, it is another failure in terms of sales...

Now, Sony would be shooting themselves in the foot by getting their flagship into a race to match the needs of a minority.
Nokia and Sony want to differentiate. Nokia made their choices, we see the results in terms of sales everyday.
Sony is making their choices, different choices, and looking at Nokia sales, people should be releived they do not do the same thing as Nokia

I think you misread my post. I didn't say 1020 is selling like hotcakes. I was referring to how competitive the premium market is (iOS, other Android handsets), it's hard for Sony to put all of its chips on the table. We can't conclude that just making an external lens makes it seem like Sony is shifting their strategy. They are known to make niche products.

Nokia has no fear in stepping onto its own foot because it has none. They have no compact camera market share to be careful of. They can just dump all the latest and greatest into the device to grab the users in the compact camera market.

Sony can try to do the same, but it's risky, like I said, considering how much competition there is. Nokia's WP platform, well...I won't say how well they're doing since you already know
[ This Message was edited by: unknown13x on 2013-08-15 02:00 ]
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2013-08-15 03:12
Hi unknown13x is there any surprise left yet for September 4th??
T610i-K700i-K750i-W700i-W810i-W560i-P1i-W910i-G900i-W595i-X10mini-Cedar-Xperia U-Xperia S-XZ Premimum
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-15 03:31
Wonder if Honami will have the same super duper capacitive screen as the Z Ultra for stylus support.

Saddened by the apparent lack of an IR blaster as I was hoping to use that. Even still, not going to hinder my plan to get it.

On the subject of a xenon flash what does surprise me is the external lenses don't seem to have flashes. Sure they can work without them, but for such accessories a xenon flash would be needed IMO for optimal results.
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-08-15 04:27
Uh guys, we don't know exactly yet at least how powerful the LED flash is even if it is single flash, there are some cases where a single larger LED bulb is brighter or equal to two regular size LED bulb.
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-15 04:28
Something about that 4K presentation I Chinese doesn't seem right. Yes, but does say 4K video recording smartphone and honami is the first blah blah blah, but I don't believe it.

I'm analysing like this, to whom is the presentation be made?

1) Sony sales/dev/management/anyone team? Doubt it, they'd use something better than an early leaked pic and by now they'd probably be using the release name, wouldn't circle a line out of a spec sheet that has been taken from the internet and the presentation would be much more professional looking. They ought to know by now the capabilities of the handset as it will be ramping up production for release in just a month or so.

2) Sony distributers or network carriers? Again a more professional looking presentation should be in order. For selling the product. Not pics and tables easily found online.

To me this leaves one option. It is a group of electronic market stall owners in a city like Beijing trying to educate their stand sales persons of what is coming up. These stand owners will have probably grabbed their info from Chinese forums (which are about as accurate as N Korea's ballistics program). I remember not so long ago going to our electronics in Beijing and being shown a catalogue of concept phones, many of which were from here, and being asked what I'm looking for.

Many of these stands (not all, but most) are blaggers of the highest order. And, furthermore, my entire time in China has taught me to take anything in China as though the presenter is trying to hussle you.

I'd put an XR1.5 on that 4K video recording slide.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-15 04:58
...and my friend has just backed me up saying 4K is not on the cards.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-08-15 05:03
Bro we need to find till next 2 weeks,any more info you got from your friend
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-15 05:30
Only the 4K is a definite no, fullHD only .

And the lens accessories are available end of September, but we knew that. I'm tempted to buy one but I already have a nice camera. Maybe next year, or wait for a slightly upgraded version with a bigger lens and sensor.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-15 05:33
Yeah, I'll likely wait for an APSC-sized version. I'm going to guess such a unit would utilize the powerzoom lens from the NEX-6. Of course it'll likely be a bit bigger than the RX100 II variant.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-08-15 05:56

On 2013-08-14 23:46:29, Ambivalent_ wrote:
Seems like 1020 beats 808 camera wise!

http://pocketnow.com/2013/08/[....]ce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Can't believe Sony went with ONE LED for Honami camera. Honami may be close to 1020 in daylight but has no chance at night shots. Why does Sony ALWAYS has this urge to shoot themselves in the foot?

Ambi, u don't need to go to silly sites to read what they WISH u to believe. Go to the 1020 thread on our very own esato forum and you'll know how much worse 1020 is compared to 808 1020 cannot even be compared with 808, it's only a step above the Galaxy S4.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=205684&start=345

For Low light Honami does have an advantage due to the HHT Mode and brighter lens.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-08-15 05:04 ]
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2013-08-15 06:11

On 2013-08-15 04:58:40, Ricky D wrote:
...and my friend has just backed me up saying 4K is not on the cards.

Anything else from your friend? And how was the "date"?
vikeviki
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-08-15 06:25
ricky pumped well hence no 4k
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic