Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition

Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-13 07:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
No reason why it wouldn't work with the ZU. In fact, I think Sony would have had to specially go out of their way to ensure this thing doesn't work with the ZU since it's compatible with other brand Android phones and iOS devices.

It should compliment the ZU quite nicely, actually. This was actually enough to give me pause to think about getting the ZU instead of Honami, but the ZU is still a bit too large for my purposes. Honami it is then!!!!!!
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-13 07:35
For comparisons sake against the dimensions I scaled earlier, here're the dimensions of the new RX100 II

101.6mm x 58.1mm x 38.3mm

Compare that against roughly

58.77mm x 58.77mm x 61.30mm for the add-on lens

So roughly 2cm thicker than the original camera itself. That's not too shabby considering how much they've packed in there. I still wonder if it'll use a built in battery or if it can use the same one as the RX100/RX100 II.

Also one would assume that this is really just the beginning. I mean, a 10x optical zoom is ok and all, but we know Sony has very compact cameras with 30x optical zoom in the HX50V Cybershots. For comparisons sake that is also 38.3mm thick, so I don't see it being unreasonable to expect them to release a superzoom attachment at some point in the future. Assuming these attachments take off, here's what I'm expecting:

HX50V variant
NEX6 (or successor?) variant using something like the power zoom lens

If they REALLY want to appeal to the rich mofos, then maybe an RX1 variant, but that's quite the long shot there IMO.
bipinm
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-08-13 07:40
One lens is G lens and the other is Carl Zeiss....
Carl zeiss is back in SONY...
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-13 07:43

On 2013-08-13 07:40:49, bipinm wrote:
One lens is G lens and the other is Carl Zeiss....
Carl zeiss is back in SONY...

Umm dude? Sony have been using Carl Zeiss lenses on their cameras for years. These are products of the digital imaging division, not the mobile - the model names support this. For example, the RX100 and RX100 II both use the exact same Carl Zeiss lens that will be found on the larger of these two add-ons.
bipinm
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-08-13 07:47
ya..i know that...Sony is stilll using carl zeiss for camera...But they stopped using it in phones due to some deal with Nokia...But now its back...Its a lens...I know...But still....carl zeiss and Sony phone...Such a amazing combination
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-13 07:53
I understand and feel your excitement, but it is important to keep things in perspective here. While these new devices are amazing, when you boil it down they are basically just Sonys existing Cybershot cameras in a different wrapper. For example the larger one is just like Sonys RX100II which also has wifi and NFC to communicate with a smartphone and be used the same way as these products. It's actually a pretty damned smart move on Sonys part. I just hope they don't price these damned things to be ridiculously high. I'm hoping for something in the area of 60% of what the equivelant Cybershot would cost. If they price it higher, they'll make more money per unit sold, but not sell nearly as much to the masses. If they price it more competitively, they'll sell a TON, but it will partially cannibalize their own Cybershot line sales.
milukugiuniu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-13 08:20
WOW it's so cool.

I like the idea very much. I'll use the smart phone to shoot pictures for daily social use. When travelling, I'll bring the lens with me to shoot great pictures. The lens for camera may not cater in every one, but it's right the one for me.

I'm so happy today!
franky900320
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-08-13 08:26
Isnt there any leaked photos of the tablet z 2?? Lol I think Honami is going to steal away all the attention from the tablet z 2 when announced
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-13 08:30
I think with Tab Z 2 you can guess it's going to be the same as Tab Z only a different chipset. My friend mentioned something about using a pencil on the screen, but I may have got lost a bit in the translation.

Honami won't distract from Tab Z 2 as they're different devices for different purposes and are unlikely to be released simultaneously (last bit is my guess).

On 2013-08-13 05:26:56, randomuser wrote:

On 2013-08-13 03:14:58, Ricky D wrote:
It helped that I knew what to look for. I was tipped about it on Sunday by my new friend.

You can share more if you wish

I don't have much that hasn't been said here already and certainly nothing as good as quality spy pics.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-13 08:54
I think I will get Honami and the tab Z refresh if it has a triluminos display and the stylus tech from the Z Ultra.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-08-13 09:10
It does from what i've heard

10.1 inch Trilumimos Full HD with X-Reality
8 mp Exmor Rs
Snapdragon 800 2.3 ghz
Pencil input
2 Gb Ram
450 gm weight
16/32 gb
Wifi / lte
Ip 55/58
6.7 mm thick ~
6000mah battery
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-08-13 08:15 ]
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-08-13 09:16
Nice then it shall be mine. I'll likely donate my tablet S to my brother as a birthday gift.
franky900320
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-08-13 09:24

On 2013-08-13 09:10:13, randomuser wrote:
It does from what i've heard

10.1 inch Trilumimos Full HD with X-Reality
8 mp Exmor Rs
Snapdragon 800 2.3 ghz
Pencil input
2 Gb Ram
450 gm weight
16/32 gb
Wifi / lte
Ip 55/58
6.7 mm thick ~
6000mah battery
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-08-13 08:15 ]

This is making my decision sooo difficult!! I can get a tablet z now or wait for the refresh but then again Im not sure if it will be worth the wait since the tablet z only became available here about 2months ago so tablet z2 probably wont be anytime soon. Besides I'm already planning on getting the honami when released......honami + tablet z2 = way too much awesomeness lol (and $$$)

Sony why do you make such awesome devices!! lol
[ This Message was edited by: franky900320 on 2013-08-13 08:26 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-08-13 09:46
The Tab Z refresh with pencil input is kind of a bummer to me actually. The only reason I considered anything other than the Tab Z was the lack of stylus, so to see a refresh with any electrical conductor being usable as a stylus is kind of the dream, only I already forked out and can't really afford go all out on another device this year.

I may try to palm it off to a relative like franky900320 says he will. As for honami, it doesn't seem like a killer device the same way Z has been. I will probably skip it and wait for next year's device, then again I said that about Z and TX before their announcements, but bought them as soon as they were available.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
franky900320
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-08-13 10:13

On 2013-08-13 09:46:52, Ricky D wrote:
The Tab Z refresh with pencil input is kind of a bummer to me actually. The only reason I considered anything other than the Tab Z was the lack of stylus, so to see a refresh with any electrical conductor being usable as a stylus is kind of the dream, only I already forked out and can't really afford go all out on another device this year.

I may try to palm it off to a relative like franky900320 says he will. As for honami, it doesn't seem like a killer device the same way Z has been. I will probably skip it and wait for next year's device, then again I said that about Z and TX before their announcements, but bought them as soon as they were available.

I mainly want to use the tablet for reading,typing and videos so pencil input, however awesome it is and although I would really like to have it, I guess it is not as important for me. However, the triluminous display is a different story....

I agree about Z being more of a 'killer' device but I'm still going to get Honami although my Z will only be about 6months old by that time.....triluminous display just looks so good and the camera looks awesome. BTW when will flagships be released form 2014 onwards?? H1 or H2??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic