Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 929930931 ... 122712281229  Next
Author SONY Xperia Rumors 2013 Edition
Ambivalent_
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-07-17 00:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The only real disappointment with Honami so far is if it ends up with 16GB ROM edition only. That's an efffin disgrace!
sponse
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-07-17 00:11

On 2013-07-16 23:43:39, DexterMoser wrote:

On 2013-07-16 20:17:22, sponse wrote:
i TELL you guys that i know the sources! and they wont fake such things!
so it is the honami, as the guy and my friend which is the editor of the site and he is a friend of the guy that had the honami in his hand (he does not have it anymore) confirmed that.

so it's not fake!

you need to take my word for it.

I believe you.

The onscreen-button orientation seems to be like Xperia Z, so would be legit.

The large bezel is either the aluminium frame or a case around the phone, look closely, you see the light reflection in the middle of the screen not going till the whole edge (only the glass is reflecting, the "bezel around the bezel" is not glass, unlike a reflection on the XZ should go till the edge I think). So it is the Aluminium frame?
Anyways I would definitely accept that large bezel for these specs! Form follows function!!

Just 8MP in 16:9 is in my opinion a result of not final software (as mentioned before it is easy as pie to crop a 16:9 frame out of the 4:3 20MP picture afterwards).

And the navigation buttons aren't distorted or anything, look closely, the navbar is just transparent, the device behind the possible Honami is visible through the navbar in the lower left corner.
But then the question remains why the navbar isn't transparent on the right side, it is just deep black, so I just busted myself

Btw the device that is being behind (in the viewfinder of) the possible Honami, looks like some Samsung Galaxy Mega.

@sponse:
Can you or your friend tell anything else about the phone they had in the hand? In terms of hard- and/or software?

as its 1am over here, i will try to ask him tomorrow in the evening... i will keep you posted.
what we from now is that:
it will be 20.7 EXMOR RS (the source doesn't know anything about the sensor size)
the phone had empty groove/slot that doesn't look as the ir blaster on the Z, so it will probably be the slot for the flash.
it has s800 with adreno 330 clocked like the Z ultra.
2 gb of ram
16 gb memory with micro sd

it is waterproof , i don't know to what degree, i think it will be as ramu said, IP58, AND NOT AS eprice is stating (ip57).
so i think we need to trust Ramu's info for the rest...
[ This Message was edited by: sponse on 2013-07-16 23:17 ]
DexterMoser
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-07-17 00:30
^
thanks for the fast feedback, looking foreward to further postings
Galaxy S4 (S600)
Looking forward to the Sony Xperia Z4 (or 5)
Feynman about Beauty
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-07-17 00:33
@unknown13x:"so when I see people comment that their friends at Sony store said blah blah blah, I don't believe them"

Good for you, nobody asked you to believe anything, nor talked about friends...
But isn't it a bit condescending?

If you were with Sony, you may know they send technical staff to shops, including non Sony stores?

Maybe you mean you were with Sony-Ericson in Europe before one Sony?

You may actually not know about Japan. Not only Sony but about any Japanese electronics maker sends engineers and R&D staff in large electronics stores and even telco stores for phone makers from time to time.

We learn everyday, even from less knowledgeable people, no need to feel or act like we know everything: it is never the case.
[ This Message was edited by: Shotokan81 on 2013-07-16 23:36 ]
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-17 00:56
So wait. Who is saying the Honami has a 2/3" sensor, and who is saying its got a 1/2.3" sensor? I really hope its the former, cause its significantly better. If its 1/2.3", they NEED to decrease the resolution.
DexterMoser
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-07-17 01:11

On 2013-07-17 00:56:16, -XYZ wrote:
So wait. Who is saying the Honami has a 2/3" sensor, and who is saying its got a 1/2.3" sensor?

User called zomgbbqftw said 1/2,3" here:

Ramu, Huiyi and others here were stating 2/3" sensor.
Galaxy S4 (S600)
Feynman about Beauty
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-17 01:22
Well, that's disappointing, but its still larger than average. But the resolution is so high, that any potential gains in pixel pitch are effectively gone. For a 2/3" sensor 20MPx is fine, but for 1/2.3" something like 13MPx would be better.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-17 01:35
guess we'll find out soooooon, which camp is giving valid info and which isn't.

obviously 2/3" is better, but 1/2.3" isn't horrible either. as long as the picture quality is amazing, what does it matter? though i would agree that if they are going with a 1/2.3" sensor, they should just leave it at 13mp
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
koss
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2013-07-17 02:00
Another FailPhone from sony. So many rumors and.. for nothing. 20mp on 1/2.3 is the same sensor used in Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V. I guess sony G lens are just a branding and use same plastic lens used in xperia range. So it will have mediocre camera quality compared to Samsung Galaxy s4 or Nokia 1020 or even Iphone 5s (when will release)

If those 20 Mp will have same algorithm and lens like xperia Z pixel count will be for nothing..
From 2008 to present sony made phones with nothing special. NO REAL CYBER-SHOT, NO REAL WALKMAN... only marketing and marketing and marketing. Many users are not stupid and sony can not fool them with marketing numbers (such as 20 MP cameraphone on a 1/2.3 sensor).

Even my compact camera CANON strugless at 12 MP and 1/2.3" so I don't expect that next FailPhone (Honami) to do better at all. I am waiting for years (5) a true cameraphone from sony or at least a decent camera module and I realy lose my faith in sony. Curious is that they sell sensor to others and other can squeeze much more from those sensors than sony can.
Ambivalent_
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-07-17 02:04
I've heard 2.3 with 28mm equivalent G lens.

That is the market model although I can also confirm that there was a prototype with 2/3" that Ramu and Hiyuy suggest.

On 2013-07-17 01:22:45, -XYZ wrote:
For a 2/3" sensor 20MPx is fine, but for 1/2.3" something like 13MPx would be better.

Can't you just scale the resolution to 13MP and take shots with that setting? I'm honestly asking because I'm not that familiar with the way cameras work.
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-07-17 02:06

On 2013-07-17 02:00:28, koss wrote:
Another FailPhone from sony. So many rumors and.. for nothing. 20mp on 1/2.3 is the same sensor used in Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V. I guess sony G lens are just a branding and use same plastic lens used in xperia range. So it will have mediocre camera quality compared to Samsung Galaxy s4 or Nokia 1020 or even Iphone 5s (when will release)

If those 20 Mp will have same algorithm and lens like xperia Z pixel count will be for nothing..
From 2008 to present sony made phones with nothing special. NO REAL CYBER-SHOT, NO REAL WALKMAN... only marketing and marketing and marketing. Many users are not stupid and sony can not fool them with marketing numbers (such as 20 MP cameraphone on a 1/2.3 sensor).

Even my compact camera CANON strugless at 12 MP and 1/2.3" so I don't expect that next FailPhone (Honami) to do better at all. I am waiting for years (5) a true cameraphone from sony or at least a decent camera module and I realy lose my faith in sony. Curious is that they sell sensor to others and other can squeeze much more from those sensors than sony can.

And you might have to wait more, as Honami isn't a cameraphone, but a phone with a great camera.
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
DexterMoser
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2013-07-17 02:10
@koss:
It shouldn't be any problem for Honami to surpass the image quality of Galaxy S4 and even iPhone 5S, the HX50 has quite the best image quality for a super zoom compact camera.
If this can be achieved with 30x zoom, I think that should be even easier with a fixed lens and a much bigger aperture.

Why other manifactures could achieve better image quality with sony sensors?
-> In my opinion they had/have better software algorithem (e.g. less or/and better noise reduction).

@Ambivalent_
Can't you just scale the resolution to 13MP and take shots with that setting? I'm honestly asking because I'm not that familiar with the way cameras work.

You can scale it down, but that wouldn't change the amount of light that is falling on a single pixel on the sensor.
A 13MP 1/2,3" sensor has bigger pixels than a 20MP 1/2,3" sensor and as a consequence less errors (noise) happen when the image information is beeing read fom every pixel.

Maybe the downscaled picture looks better, but that would be only the effect of downscaling (algorithms could average the noise) and the lower resolution (less resolution -> less details -> less noise).
That's more or less the approach of Nokias Pureview on the 808 and 1020.
[ This Message was edited by: DexterMoser on 2013-07-17 01:20 ]
Galaxy S4 (S600)
Feynman about Beauty
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2013-07-17 02:24
Well, the dimension of Honami is really disappointing, especially now that it's sensor is smaller. It sort of lost its uniqueness and interest value. I think it will not be successful.

@XYZ, I dont think S800 have something to do with the phone thickness as Samsung S4 LTE-A's dimension remained exactly the same as S4. It should actually do the opposite as this new SOC have the modem built-in already compared to the one that can be found in ZL.

Besides, I have teardown Xperia ZL and I dont really think It would not be that impossible to fit all these features in a body close to ZL. I guess it is the thickness that is considered in Honami's design above all things. That's why.

I just really hope that Sony releases a Honami's L version with exactly the same features in similar body as ZL's. I would not mind an extra 2 mm of bezels but same thickness or even a 4.8" screen but anything more than that is quite uncomfortable to hold.
unknown13x
Z600
PM
Posted: 2013-07-17 02:49

On 2013-07-17 00:33:15, Shotokan81 wrote:
@unknown13x:"so when I see people comment that their friends at Sony store said blah blah blah, I don't believe them"

Good for you, nobody asked you to believe anything, nor talked about friends...
But isn't it a bit condescending?

If you were with Sony, you may know they send technical staff to shops, including non Sony stores?

Maybe you mean you were with Sony-Ericson in Europe before one Sony?

You may actually not know about Japan. Not only Sony but about any Japanese electronics maker sends engineers and R&D staff in large electronics stores and even telco stores for phone makers from time to time.

We learn everyday, even from less knowledgeable people, no need to feel or act like we know everything: it is never the case.
[ This Message was edited by: Shotokan81 on 2013-07-16 23:36 ]

If my comment wasn't clear that I was referring to sales, I apologize. For one thing, sales don't usually attend product orientation til later. Also, I think you took my comment in a totally opposite way. I didn't say anyone at any level are stupid. R&D People who are dispatched would not say a word. They're not the people who usually leak something out. They're mostly third party contractors is what I was told from many of their internal emails.
[ This Message was edited by: unknown13x on 2013-07-17 01:53 ]
spw
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-07-17 03:29

On 2013-07-17 01:22:45, -XYZ wrote:
Well, that's disappointing, but its still larger than average. But the resolution is so high, that any potential gains in pixel pitch are effectively gone. For a 2/3" sensor 20MPx is fine, but for 1/2.3" something like 13MPx would be better.

man, i would be so happy if its pictures were as good as DSC-HX50V... that camera is rated really well for picture quality... so far phone's camera image sucks except for those bulky Nokia's... which is fine, i just dont want camera that is a phone... i want a great phone that has usable camera comparable to good point and shoots, not $99 ones.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 929930931 ... 122712281229  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic